An excert from an novel that i think can relate to mj

billyworld99

Proud Member
in school, my class is reading literary classic novels and in the beginning of each of them there's a excerpt discussing the meaning of a classic and i thought it can relate to mj in terms of his artistry's impact now and in the future

Excerpt- " A literary classic is a work of the highest excellence that has something important to say about life and/or the human condition and says it with great artistry. A classic , through its enduring presence, has withstood the test of time and is not bound not bound by time, place, or customs. It speaks to us today as forcefully as it spoke to people of future generations. For this reason, a classic is said to have universality."

Thank you:yes:that does sound like something Michael would say:huggy:

I think there are a few problems with the manner in which you (or whoever printed it perhaps?) have phrased this statement. The concept is absolutely perfect and I couldn't agree more--classic is most definitely a fitting term for Michael and his work, however, the errors in grammar exhibited in your excerpt need to be fixed so that people better understand what you are attempting to say.

It should read:

"A literary classic is a work of highest excellence which has something important to say about life and/or the human condition, and says it with great artistry. A classic , through its enduring presence, has withstood the test of time and is not bound by time, place, or customs. It speaks to us today as forcefully as it spoke to people of past generations. For this reason, a classic is said to have universality."

I think there are a few problems with the manner in which you (or whoever printed it perhaps?) have phrased this statement. The concept is absolutely perfect and I couldn't agree more--classic is most definitely a fitting term for Michael and his work, however, the errors in grammar exhibited in your excerpt need to be fixed so that people better understand what you are attempting to say.

It should read:

"A literary classic is a work of highest excellence which has something important to say about life and/or the human condition, and says it with great artistry. A classic , through its enduring presence, has withstood the test of time and is not bound by time, place, or customs. It speaks to us today as forcefully as it spoke to people of past generations. For this reason, a classic is said to have universality."

thanks, idk that's how the excerpt is worded in the novel I'm reading

Back