An ex-neighbour visiting and what they said about Michael

Rhilo

Proud Member
This neighbour family migrated to the US in the early 90's, and they are down for a visit after all these years currently.

I met the mother of that family today, and as we were talking she said her son was a huge fan back in the day, but not anymore. He's just one year older than me, but I didn't know him that well back then, and certainly don't remember him being a MJ fan.

Nonetheless, what she said about Michael touched me and had me in tears. She said she has great respect for him, and that he was a Buddha-like kindred spirit who was cheated many times over in-life, but still carried himself with dignity. She said he was a very selfless person, who gave so much and cared for children and mankind genuinely (now, obviously, as a fan I know these things, but when you hear them from someone else it just makes your heart swell with pride), and that his death was a total waste. What's more she said, she and her friends saw him in concert in 2001 in NY (She's living there), and even got to meet him backstage! And shake hands with him. I asked her whether she got an autograph, and she said, no. I was like Lady, wth, you meet Michael Jackson and don't ask him for a hug, photo and autograph? LOL, anyways I didn't tell that to her, but that was what I thought!

Regardless, I'm so happy to have met her and hearing someone random, and who is not really a fan gush about Michael's kindness and greatness just made my day. :)

That's a great story. Reminds me a bit of one moment I had with my boss. We had a meeting with other colleagues and I don't know what we were discussing but out of the blue he brought up Michael as an example of who was unfairly treated by the media. And said: "This is what killed Michael Jackson". He didn't know I was a fan and I don't think he's a fan himself, so it was great to see him see through all the media crap about Michael.

"he was a Buddha-like kindred spirit who was cheated many times over in-life, but still carried himself with dignity"

I agree with this so much. One of the things that impressed me was how could he still maintain his faith in goodness and carry himself with so much dignity after all he went through. After 2005 he always looked sad to me, but at the same time he had this aura of great wisdom around him.

^welcome guys!

respect77 - your boss is a wise man :D

If i had met mj i would have asked for it all : a hug, photo & autograph! lol

That's awesome, I usually don't feel like talking to 'non fans' about MJ because I don't feel like watching my heart on the floor getting tossed into the food processor.

That's a wonderful quote about Buddha like qualitities, it's beautiful when someone can perceive him that way, that would not only make my day, but my week! Awesome!!

(and I understand not asking for pictures and autographs- the only autograph I own is by Sting, with my name, because a dear friend of mine got in line and asked him for it, I never have the nerve or desire to do any of that, as much as I know I would enjoy these things later, I just don't- so I understand. She 'prolly was busy soaking up Michael's Buddha imprints in her soul- which is FINE and great, autograph or no autograph!)

If i had met mj i would have asked for it all : a hug, photo & autograph! lol

Yes!! When I told her that authentic MJ autographs, when sold through reputed dealers such as Julien's Auctions go for $1500 a piece or more, her jaw nearly hit the floor. I'm sure she thought, dang I shoulda got an autograph lol

I asked her whether she got an autograph, and she said, no. I was like Lady, wth, you meet Michael Jackson and don't ask him for a hug, photo and autograph? LOL
I can understand her. I met him in Munich in 1996 and I was too nervous to ask him for an autograph. But he hugged me - but that came from his side... I was so shy...

Wow, it's so wonderful to hear positive comments about Michael from those who aren't fans. It's sad that fans stray from the topic of Michael when it comes to non-fans, we should be able to talk about him without the fear of hearing some negative words.
Your neighbor spoke some true words, as well as your boss respect77.

Back