Amy Lee of Evancescence - "I have always loved Michael Jackson"

prettygirlmj

Proud Member
This week singer/songwriter from the rock band Evanescence expressed her love for Michael Jackson in a new interview she did with Gibson. Don't know if many here know this band but they sold about 20 million records world wide with hits like "Bring Me to Life". Anyway, what Amy says is true because she was one of Michael's biggest supporters in 2005 during the trial era. She also wore many Michael t-shirts at the time like for this concert:

98346330.jpg

86892021.jpg

This is the video interview. Fast Forward to the 7:00 minute mark

http://youtu.be/A4-qvedvwHk

Love Evanescence and I so appreciate Amy Lee's comments.

Oh thank so much for this. I love Evanescence and especially Amy Lee and her amazing voice so much.Now that i learned that she supported MJ during the trial i admire her even more. Such a big and wonderful surprise because the Rock genre has always demostrated this negative attitude towards MJ.

Last edited:
That was awesome to hear her publically proclaim her love for Michael
Wow did she support during MJ trial ? .. Amy Lee is MJfam

Aaawwwww... now i am gonna love her even more. Thank you for this tidbit. Never knew that.

I love some Evanescence's songs and Amy Lee has a beautiful voice i'm really happy to know that she love Mike and support him during 2005 trial.

I always liked Amy Lee. She's a no BS kind of girl. There was a rumour a while ago that she did Michael's song Scared of The Moon but so far it has never surfaced. She did it years ago. I could imagine her doing that song beautifully with her voice and her beautiful piano playing...I wish I knew if Michael liked Evanescence because he was really into classic music and Ev uses a lot of piano and classic music in their rock music.

Thought I shared this since there is rarely any nice Michael related news as of recent. If it's not Michael's family doing something else embarassing, it's the press or something. Something nice to hear I think :)

yeah I remember her supporting Michael back during the trial, I used to have so many pics of stars wearing MJ shirts in support of Mike back then, her liking Michael made me like her even more.

I've always been a big fan of evancescence and amy's voice is brillant :) . Its so sweet of her to show her love for mj and that mj top she wears on that pic is so cool

Amy Lee is one of the few mainstream artists who truly have talent and a good dose of depth, not to mention a humble attitude and a good heart. It's no surprise she's a Michael Jackson fan. They're similar in some ways. It's always good to see one talented artist support another (as opposed to bringing them down, which truly gets old unless the points made are truly valid--in the case of MJ critics, they never are). I wonder what Michael thought of her. I'm sure he must have known, and yes, she always was vocal in her support of him. I've always loved Evanescence, and I hope their next album is as good as their last two. I don't really like their new single, but I hope the album itself is still good (I didn't like "Call Me When You're Sober" either, but loved The Open Door).

"how can you not love him" - yea, I've been wondering that for many many years.

Amy Lee is one of the few mainstream artists who truly have talent and a good dose of depth, not to mention a humble attitude and a good heart. It's no surprise she's a Michael Jackson fan. They're similar in some ways. It's always good to see one talented artist support another (as opposed to bringing them down, which truly gets old unless the points made are truly valid--in the case of MJ critics, they never are). I wonder what Michael thought of her. I'm sure he must have known, and yes, she always was vocal in her support of him. I've always loved Evanescence, and I hope their next album is as good as their last two. I don't really like their new single, but I hope the album itself is still good (I didn't like "Call Me When You're Sober" either, but loved The Open Door).

I agree. I think the new Ev album will be good. I too wasn't too crazy about Call me when your sober until I heard the piano version which was better for me :)

This is funny I've loved Evancescence for god knows how long and never knew that!! I have a greater respect now for Amy and it's incredible to see how many different genres of music Michael has inspired, it's insane!! =) He's not the king of music... he's a THE GOD OF MUSIC!!!!

I always love the song "Bring Me To Life", but I'm glad to hear Amy Lee is a bigtime MJ fan. WAY TA GO GIRL!!!

Back