Amercian Music Awards

Ms.MJ Fan2007

Proud Member
Did you wacth this years AMA's? well for me I only wacth some of it. I mean it was so cool a little bit. I heard that Justin Beiber won a lot of awards so he became the youngest out of all the catergory. Rihanna perform first she did great she also won for best female R&B!!! so I'ma give a hand to her!!!:clapping: Usher did a great job perfoming "DJ got us failing in Love" (but I wacth usher's perfomance at the end...) Black Eyed Peas did a great job perfoming thier new single reminds me a Dirty Dancing remake in the begaining. But it was great & of course at the end Backstreet Boys & New Kids on the Block performed together & plus they going to be on tour next year (thats my firend's fave gourp in the whole world!!!) Anyway did you wacth this years awards or you didn't wacth you guys?

Honestly, I forgot about it... I don't think I missed anything anyways...

I might check Pink's performance in YT.

AMA is decided by the public (or should I say crazy fans...xD) right? No wonder some of those artists won... :3

I remember when the AMAs were about MJ vs. Prince. Now it's Lady Gaga vs. Justin Bieber. Sad....

^^ it's just a Sign o' the Times (ahahaha). That's what the music scene is these days, the industry caters to my generation predominately and that is at the expense of promoting really good music that is still out there. In saying that I'm a fan of Lady Gaga (the music), Kanye West, Linkin Park and other modern artists but a lot of the stuff they put out now is totally throw away shitpop. case and point is that this song was number one in NZ the other week - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4s6H4ku6ZY *facepalm*

I don't know if there is a point to this post but imma post anyway :D

Borefest

Rihanna sounded like a goat in heat. That girl cannot dance nor sing..she should become a model.

Justin Bieber, was he really faking playing the piano? Really? I mean....really?

Usher - good performance

Pink - the best of the night

Ne-Yo - too many video clips.

Train - Good

Ke$ha - What can one say? Do people still wonder why the music industry is going down the drain?

Backstreet Boys / NKOTB - hype

I think I enjoyed the Michael Jackson the experience commercial more than the acute show. #justsayin'

No offense, I actually dont give a dang on AMA or Grammys. I think things are so easy these days.

I really miss the old days too.

edit: I am really missing the days Michael on stage getting his "deserved awards" but I dont get a chance of seeing that anymore :( It makes me so sad to think it. I really hope some songs from Michael get nominated and win something.

Last edited:
I dnt care about these award shows..lady gaga s awful..i hate her nasty videos and her wierd costumes:mad:.rihanna wntd her album 2 b the nxt thriller..wot?no offense bt that was a timeless classic..justin biber,i dnt mind him.all these modern music r so out of style.i miss mike:-(..pls come bck:-S ..

I haven't watched anything, except for the BSB/NKOTB part just a few minutes ago, and thought the hype and excitement were just great, like the old times of real music. Personally, I'll never forget what BSB did or have done for the music, their ballads and feel-good songs and charisma. And NKOTB don't look bad either.. Too bad all their voices seem to deteriorate now, but the memories remain.

i watched the show about a half hour in. it wasnt bad. Pink was frigging awesome, christina was also awesome and BSB and New Kids were just Amazing!! Im a huge fan of backstreet boys and seeing them was just so awesome! i really those days. i was too young for new kids but i remmeber them and i do respect them. they have really great songs.also im surprised no one has mentioned this but when Justin Beiber won his second award of the night he thanked Michael and said without Michael none of them would be here today and I just started bawling! im not a justin beiber fan my 13 yr old sister is obessed with him but i though that was really cool of him to do bc Michael deserves all the priase and thank you's this world has to offer.

I caught the end of Usher's number while channel surfing. I thought he was good. Specially the little MJ moves he did.

I'd like to see the whole thing, is it on youtube? Was there any MJ special?

--------

I didn't watch AMAs this time.

IMO the general public shouldn't be allowed to vote for these awards. It's not fair to artists who have actual talent, to lose out to someone who just isn't very good. (IE Justin Bieber). Bieber didn't deserve any of the awards he won.

Voting should be determined by album sales, and chart position.

This is the reason why at the Country Music Awards, so many good artists won awards, and artist who didn't deserve any awards, didn't get any (Taylor Swift)

Back