AMA's Feature MJ in Their Commercial

Although Mike deserves to be the night's biggest winner based on his sales and chart performance, I got the feeling he isn't going to be. From that commercial, I do not know why I got the feeling that they are using him just to get people to tune in. I definitely hope I'm wrong.

Please can someone youtube all the MJ parts. I'm working and my vcr is broke.

Thanks

Although Mike deserves to be the night's biggest winner based on his sales and chart performance, I got the feeling he isn't going to be. From that commercial, I do not know why I got the feeling that they are using him just to get people to tune in. I definitely hope I'm wrong.

well of course they're using him to get people to tune in, just like they're using janet and all other celebrities in that commercial ;)
We'll just have to vote like crazy and hope our dear Michael wins plenty of awards :)

i agree, but i'll take what i can get, and they know that.

I posted a comment on the YT clip mine and a couple others are the only ones that are in support for Michael.

well of course they're using him to get people to tune in, just like they're using janet and all other celebrities in that commercial ;)
We'll just have to vote like crazy and hope our dear Michael wins plenty of awards :)

Remember to vote!!!!

I've voted a few different times. under different emails,too.

Last edited:
thanks for the link.

MICHAEL FOR THE WIN!!!!
I mean, are any of the other artists better than MJ??? NO!

I should go just so I can pull a Kanye if he doesn't win. hmph!

"imma let you finish- but Michael Jackson is the biggest star of ALL TIME!!!"

thanks for the link.

MICHAEL FOR THE WIN!!!!
I mean, are any of the other artists better than MJ??? NO!

I should go just so I can pull a Kanye if he doesn't win. hmph!

"imma let you finish- but Michael Jackson is the biggest star of ALL TIME!!!"

:lol: :lmao: seriously,though :D

i agree, but i'll take what i can get, and they know that.

Nivea, I get what you're saying. Of course they are using the celebs to get their fans watching, but what I mean is you know how things go to a whole new level with MJ. Especially with all the interest now. Plus, as vncwilliam said, MJ fans will take what they can get. They know how much Mike is loved by his fans around the globe. What makes me skeptical is that Mike is nominated for Number Ones, a 6 years old "hits compilation" of tracks that were released years and years ago. Even though the deciding factor is sales, I think they wouldn't just let an album like that win over todays music. I don't know, but if Mike didn't win at least 3 out of the 5 he's nominated for, it would be a joke and disrespectful to Mike because he just outsold and obliterated his competitors. However, it is an old album he's nominated for. That's why I'm not sure what to expect.

Does any one know if an old album has one over new ones before at the AMA's?

not that i can think of,right off,but perhaps this will be a first,Michael is always the one who breaks the records and pulls off all the 'firsts' I'm praying that he gets this. to me it seems fair

I hope they're not just using him. I hope he wins as he deserves to. =( But I do looooove loooove loooove the clip they chose. It fit together so perfectly. =)

Honestly I don't want to get my hopes too high. If he wins just one that would great for me. I don't know if the show will do any tribute to him as well.

All I'm going to say is to brace/prepare yourself for all possibilities...especially for the one of him NOT winning. Think Taylor Swift.

All I'm going to say is to brace/prepare yourself for all possibilities...especially for the one of him NOT winning. Think Taylor Swift.

Now wait a minute!
If he doesn't win it wont be her fault. If you blame her then you are no better then Kanya west. We vote as many times as we can and if she wins then good for her if he wins then we party till dawn!

Now wait a minute!
If he doesn't win it wont be her fault. If you blame her then you are no better then Kanya west. We vote as many times as we can and if she wins then good for her if he wins then we party till dawn!

Ok first of all, I'm not "blaming" anybody. When I said "think Taylor Swift" I meant that she will most likely win the categories in which she is nominated against MJ. She does have the biggest selling album this year now and her fans are crazy (in a good way). Of course I would love for Mike to take home all of the awards hes nominated for but 95% of me is thinking "it's not gonna happen" and there just using him for ratings. No need for the attitude.

And another thing, they say that this is "fan determined" but that's more then likely BS!

Look you guys I just read on the site... the voting is now over.

GET TO KNOW
The 2009 American Music Awards will air on SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 22 from 8:00-11:00 p.m. ET/PT live on ABC from the NOKIA Theatre L.A. LIVE. The 37th Annual American Music Awards is produced Larrry Klein and executive-produced by Orly Adelson. The show will feature a star-studded lineup of music's top artists and acts.

The 2009 American Music Awards will honor artists in the categories of Pop/Rock, Country, Rap/Hip-Hop, Soul/R&B, Alternative, Adult Contemporary, Latin and Contemporary Inspirational. For the third year in a row, winners will be determined by online voting, which will be live the day of the nominations and open until 11:59 PM PT on Friday November 13th.

Fans can go to the AMA Facebook page to find performer and presenter announcements, artist information and more.

A press conference to announce the nominees was held on Tuesday, October 13, 2009 at the BEVERLY HILLS HOTEL.

This year's AMA tickets and VIP ticket packages are now on sale at www.ticketmaster.com or call 1-877-AEG-TICKETS.

Back