All the greatest hits from the past 40 years just use 4 chords (Video)

^^^^You don't need any chords at all. Just get some old records, a sampling machine, a computer & software like Reason, and a drum machine. Scratch that, make a generic simple beat and sound like Stevie from Malcolm In The Middle. :hysterical:
[youtube]KTJVlJ25S8c[/youtube]

^^^^You don't need any chords at all. Just get some old records, a sampling machine, a computer & software like Reason, and a drum machine. Scratch that, make a generic simple beat and sound like Stevie from Malcolm In The Middle. :hysterical:
[youtube]KTJVlJ25S8c[/youtube]

Lol, that's so true. The video is ridiculous.

I remember there being an interview with the guys (can't remember they're names) who wrote I Want You Back, ABC and The Love You Save with them saying that all you need to do is master three or four chords. They said that you can write millions of songs just by using that

I remember there being an interview with the guys (can't remember they're names) who wrote I Want You Back, ABC and The Love You Save with them saying that all you need to do is master three or four chords. They said that you can write millions of songs just by using that
That may have been true 30 or 40 years ago, but is not relevant to today's audience. Hence "Pretty Boy Swag", "Laffy Taffy", "My White Tee", and other ringtone songs or Disney act songs that are hits today. If they spend enough money on promotion, a record company can make pretty much anything popular, and they do.

4 Chord song..........Genius:punk:.................

Although now........I feel conned.........

........I used to think some of those songs were actually original:tease:

You can also recycle a bass groove.
[youtube]94dLE-vr02U[/youtube]
[youtube]dGMD0O7GGP8[/youtube]
[youtube]NwaW4cZNwRk[/youtube]
[youtube]rY0WxgSXdEE[/youtube]

Back