All In Your Name Single Question

I found this fanmade

4rw0wk.jpg

^ Awww that would be a beautiful cover if it was singly released :wub:

That song should have NEVER been released.

Another example of a friend cashing on MJ's death. But fans are drinking the Kool-aid because they want to see footage of MJ in the studio.

Hmmmmmmm maybe you've never seen footage of him in the studio because he never wanted you to.

smdh at the constant hypocrisy.

We call out the family, The Cascios for exploiting but the Bee Gee guy did EXACTLY the same thing. But since you are getting these exclusive clips, you are all willing to feign ignorance and not call him up on it.

Another example of a friend cashing on MJ's death. But fans are drinking the Kool-aid because they want to see footage of MJ in the studio.

Hmmmmmmm maybe you've never seen footage of him in the studio because he never wanted you to.

We call out the family, The Cascios for exploiting but the Bee Gee guy did EXACTLY the same thing. But since you are getting these exclusive clips, you are all willing to feign ignorance and not call him up on it.

What ? dude they released the song and it's not to cash out on MJ that guy is a Millionaire he did it to show the fans the music that he and his friend Michael Jackson did with proof that he did it.

The Cascios well they released the 3 songs MJ did with them I guess some what to get $$$ but then again Sony and The Michael Jackson Estate signed a $250M deal to released 7 posthumous albums and a game (Michael Jackson The Experience), DVD compilation (Michael Jackson's Vision), and This Is It (Movie & Album) so they will be releasing more stuff.

But you can't always say it's to cash out they will not leave all this treasure in a vault collecting dust when fans can hear it and and enjoy Michael's final work also it expands Michael's music legacy.

Best Of Joy was written and recorded on June 2009. (Just saying)

Hell yeah!He'll win a fortune from the cost of the song! (1$!!!!!!)

Beside that, he isn't addressing to the MJ fan-base that much, he's a BIG name in the music industry which has his OWN fans!

What'cha say about not releasing anything anymore in the future.That will be great cause there will be no cash ins!

No more Re-Releases,no more new albums with unheard songs,no more videos(not even blu-ray quality),no more movies.I'd say to remove all the albums from the marked and all the DVDs not to make any money anymore.They're cash-ins!

Yawn. I suppose when Michael was alive you didn't think he cared about his fans then? He just recorded and released whatever was going to make him the most money, right?

Come on, as if Barry Gibb needs any more money. This was a gift to the fans.

in agreement!!! gibbs voice on that record is terrible!

In my opinion it's awesome and beats nerly every single perfomance in nowaday chart-pop-songs with massive robo-effects.

I sooo disagree with you! Pretty much everything you said is wrong, except the Cascio tracks themselves (still not sure about them!). But if you really can't see the difference between the Cascio situation and this collaboration between Michael and Barry, then I can't help you.

I'd love a single...but guess I'll have to wait and see what Mr Gibbs next album brings.......

Well fans, Memefan is entitled to her opinion, I guess, in thinking it was a bad idea to release the track for various reasons. However the idea that it was to "cash in" needs a little research. Barry Gibb has a musical history and fanbase all his own and doesn't need to release a single w/ Mike on it for money. And if he did do it for money, he had TERRIBLE promotion ideas, lol! He posted it on his website. Gave it a price because him and Michael worked hard on that piece and it deserves a price imo. And it basically circulated around the MJ fanbase. Haven't heard anything else about this song other than maybe a morning show segment.

... I think that fan made album cover is brill. I personally don't mind watching MJ in the studio i enjoy all footage old/new of the King.

I like that fanmade cover too. It shows affection and recognition, the same Barry Gibb showed to us he had towards Michael by releasing the song on his website on that special sad anniversary date!!

I was so emotional on that date, and listening to Michael's voice precisely on that day made me even more...

Thank you, Barry Gibb for that!!!

Like @IvoryKeys said the promotion was bad and if it was a cash in and he wanted money he would have promoted that song on Michael Jackson's website he would have used Twitter, Facebook, etc to promote it he didn't he just uploaded the track on his site on a very sad day for fans to have something to enjoy and feel a little better.

It will be a shame and a loss if it never gets properly released.a great song totally unknown outside of the fanbase

I dont see it as cashing in either, even if I understand how it can be seen that way. To me, there's a difference with someone whose career is in limbo and who's suddenly writing a book about Michael. The Cascios are another story. But I dont have any problem with someone who worked on a song with Michael, and decides to finish it alone to get it released. Like HMH for example. All In Your Name is not an MJ song, it's an MJ+Gibbs song. Barry had every right to finish it IMO, as it's as much "his" song as it is "Michael's". And, like it's been said, he doesnt need us to make a living.

I dont see it as cashing in either, even if I understand how it can be seen that way. To me, there's a difference with someone whose career is in limbo and who's suddenly writing a book about Michael. The Cascios are another story. But I dont have any problem with someone who worked on a song with Michael, and decides to finish it alone to get it released. Like HMH for example. All In Your Name is not an MJ song, it's an MJ+Gibbs song. Barry had every right to finish it IMO, as it's as much "his" song as it is "Michael's". And, like it's been said, he doesnt need us to make a living.

I coulden't have said it any better, spot on!

Yawn. I suppose when Michael was alive you didn't think he cared about his fans then? He just recorded and released whatever was going to make him the most money, right?

Come on, as if Barry Gibb needs any more money. This was a gift to the fans.

Exactly................

And this is a Barry Gibb song with guest vocals by Michael..............
The song was always Barry's.............

.........And it wasn't like he charged people to watch the studio footage.........that was all free!!!!!

Exactly................

And this is a Barry Gibb song with guest vocals by Michael..............
The song was always Barry's.............

.........And it wasn't like he charged people to watch the studio footage.........that was all free!!!!!

You're right, Barry could have easily charged us for those 3 clips of studio footage, well not just 3, as much as he wanted to. But he didn't, so I really do not see this as cashing in on Michael's death. You make another good point; this is not a Michael Jackson song, this is a Barry Gibb song.

Back