Alicia Keys cover - Almost there

Moonwalker.Fan

Proud Member
[YOUTUBE]hlBp7cKFYGs[/YOUTUBE]

As a bonus on her The Element of Freedom album, there is a MJs cover song: “We’re almost there“ from Michaels album from 1975 - Forever Michael.

We're Almost There is an ALL-OUT classic. This cover is nicely done, sticking to the original arrangement.

I LOVE ALICIA.

Hands down, the best this decade has to offer in terms of artisitry and talent.

But... I still prefer MJ's version.

Understand this: NO ONE can remake an MJ song that will come off to equal or better par than the original. NO ONE.

WE as MJ fans know this.

But I appreciate Alicia for representing our King.

It's a HELLUVA lot better than that Akon/Black Eyed Peas crap on Thriller 25.

She's so beautiful!

OMG - she is stunning. She gets more beautiful as she gets older!

And she sounds PHENOMENAL.

Who can sit down to this? New YOOOOORKKK!!!

Love it.

Now that's what you call a proper cover of a Michael Jackson classic!!!

We're Almost There is an ALL-OUT classic. This cover is nicely done, sticking to the original arrangement.

Nice to see you back, arXter! :D Totally agree with you!

OMG that's cool ...MJ's version is my good feel song!

Same. I rediscovered this song in the spring/summer of 2002...will never forget it becuz I was going thru a transition phase as far as trying to make major changes in my life for the better. Picked up "Michael Jackson: The Love Songs" as a freebie out of one of those BMG catalogs and "We're Almost There" and "Call on Me" became instant new faves...on repeat for HOURS. WAT was my feel-good "you can do it" kinda jam...like a theme song while I was making changes and adjusting to them. This song literally kept me on track. And that turned out to be an AMAZING summer. Everytime I hear this song, it takes me back to that time as if it were yesterday. I LOOOOVES it. :heart:

Now that's what you call a proper cover of a Michael Jackson classic!!!

ITA. The girl's got skills....real talent...and good taste. ;D

Thanx for posting Moonwalker fan. I love it when artists cover his songs that are less famous than the big hits. I love the original. Was thinking of it earlier today. Gonna find out how she did it.

Wow!!! that was beautiful!! I love that she choose this song its one of my favorites. thanks for posting! :flowers:

Back