Akon hosting KISS FM today. Listen online

bobmoo79

Proud Member
Akon will be hosting a show on KISS FM today. This is a UK station but you can listen online here:

http://www.totalkiss.com/

I wonder whether he'll mention Mike, play his songs or give some more infor on the new album or O2 concerts.

Thanks for the link.

But I can't find a place to listen.

Akon will probably talk about the concerts I imagine. He might even confirm his attendance for some of the shows and reveal details about that. Who knows though, even if he doesn't reveal any info, I think he will mention MJ like he does in most interviews!

are you kidding? if he gets the chance to sing at the 02 I'll be suprised if we'll ever hear an interview where he doesn't mention Michael :smilerolleyes:

hopefully akon says he wont be performing at mj's concerts.
Stop the fucking negativity. Akon is one of the biggest names in today's music. What better opening act could you possibly want. I have heard names like Madonna and Lionel Richie, but these people are no opening acts. It would be a fucking insult. Akon is perfect.

By the way, I don't consider Akon an opening act either. He has already established his name in music. Nevertheless, opening for Michael Jackson will be great publicity for Akon and I am sure it will positively reflect on Michael as well. The fact that Akon will be the opening act is mostly likely result of the two being friends and having worked together on new music (WBSS 25 and Hold My Hand and possibly even more).

Stop the fucking negativity. Akon is one of the biggest names in today's music. What better opening act could you possibly want. I have heard names like Madonna and Lionel Richie, but these people are no opening acts. It would be a fucking insult. Akon is perfect.

By the way, I don't consider Akon an opening act either. He has already established his name in music. Nevertheless, opening for Michael Jackson will be great publicity for Akon and I am sure it will positively reflect on Michael as well. The fact that Akon will be the opening act is mostly likely result of the two being friends and having worked together on new music (WBSS 25 and Hold My Hand and possibly even more).

but why should a person be positive if they don't like Akon? Negativity is not fun, but if you don't like Akon you don't want to fake it and say you do..
And this is a MJ fan board..not Akon fan board.. it's like talking about robbie williams at a britney spears fan board.I'm sure some would slam him too..
lol really off subject, but
saying Akon is perfect, is an opinion..and obviously one of your opinions about Akon :)
but not everyone's.. I don't think he is..but then again, who is..

all I know is these concerts WILL be amazing with or without Akon, and who will pay attention to HIM anyway, really? we will be watching the moonwalker :D

As an opening act, sure. I think Akon would be nice to pump the crowd up, but I hope to GOD he doesn't perform WITH Michael if he IS performing at all.

Guys play nicely please. Everyone has opinions and each opinion is valid for that individual. It's not like we can change anything anyway so no reason to get riled up bout it.

Personally, I'd like to see them do hold my hand together - not so much wbss though.

I have never understood the excessive Akon hate on this and other MJ boards. While its natural that people have vastly different musical tastes, I would have thought MJ fans of all people would try to look at it in a more positive light. There is no big deal if Akon opens up for Michael Jackson. Akon is widely respected and looked up to among teenagers and young adults across the Western world. People keep bringing up the fact that he hit a fan on stage as a legitimate reason for not liking him. That wasn't a bright move...true, however it does not affect his music and has not affected his career in a negative way what so ever. Give Michael props for picking big musical stars of today's era. It is a very smart move. I know myself when I told my 14 year old cousin that Akon was opening for Michael...he was shocked! Michael and Akon will benefit from this greatly, and I have never seen any problem with the idea at all. I'm actually a bit disappointed that Akon will not be opening for the Sept 6th concert when I will be there!

I have never understood the excessive Akon hate on this and other MJ boards. While its natural that people have vastly different musical tastes, I would have thought MJ fans of all people would try to look at it in a more positive light. There is no big deal if Akon opens up for Michael Jackson. Akon is widely respected and looked up to among teenagers and young adults across the Western world. People keep bringing up the fact that he hit a fan on stage as a legitimate reason for not liking him. That wasn't a bright move...true, however it does not affect his music and has not affected his career in a negative way what so ever. Give Michael props for picking big musical stars of today's era. It is a very smart move. I know myself when I told my 14 year old cousin that Akon was opening for Michael...he was shocked! Michael and Akon will benefit from this greatly, and I have never seen any problem with the idea at all. I'm actually a bit disappointed that Akon will not be opening for the Sept 6th concert when I will be there!

Wasn't Akon the performer who did a little more that 'hit' a fan on stage? He did some mock sex with an underage girl who turned out to be a preacher's daughter. Since then he wrote a song addressing it. It was called I'm sorry or some such thing in it. He didn't sound very sorry. I wasn't impressed. The song was more like I'm sorry you thought I was wrong than I'm sorry I shouldn't have done it.

Anyway, I am not here to judge and can see the pluses in Akon opening but I can understand why someone would be shocked as well. Crotch grab or no Michael has always in the past (Prior to the court crap) been considered family friendly. Assuming he wants to keep that or get back to it, Akon has some baggage.

Guys play nicely please. Everyone has opinions and each opinion is valid for that individual. It's not like we can change anything anyway so no reason to get riled up bout it.

Personally, I'd like to see them do hold my hand together - not so much wbss though.
Yep, that'd be an AWESOME performance.

Hmm... so what did he say? Probably nothing, lol.

I does appear like that.

I'm wondering if it actually happened today, only because I'm almost positive he would bring up MJ (he always does), and I'm almost positive that one of MJ's astute fans would have picked it by now. LOL!

Had a quick skip through, and heard WBSS so was hopeful but he just says that something on the lines of who wouldn't wanna colab with Michael, and that its one of his most definable moments in his career, and has been blessed. Then they played it...

Im still listening tho so will let u know if he says anything else bout Michael. God I hate listening to Kiss so this better be worth it! lol

it's cool that the music industry is bonding. everybody in it loves MJ..and IMO, that's good for all of us who love to listen to music. HMH is a great song..no denying..obviously somn had to go right with MJ and Akon for the song to work. i hope to hear it, as another example, that no matter how the journey goes, the music always wins, in the atmosphere of Michael Jackson.:)

You're wasting your breath Smooth.
Over the years I've come to learn that Michael Jackson fans are no different from all the other shit talkers that this world has to offer. It's as if the internet was created for people to voice their opinions, sometimes in the most obscene way.
Some MJ fans are just as immature as some Akon fans. I'm sure alot of Akon fans can't stand the fact that their idol is working with "that freak".
The world is a cruel place, isn't it?

Hollaback.

Back