After the residency at London’s O2 Arena, where would Michael perform This Is It next?

KingofPop125

Proud Member
Every major collaborator on This Is It and Michael’s children have said that Michael wanted to take This Is It to the rest of the world after those 50 London dates.

But which major cities/venues (assuming they are similar to the O2 Arena) would he have taken it next? And if there is nothing confirmed, what would have been likely?

And if there is nothing confirmed, what would have been likely?
Most likely NOWHERE! 50 London performances were too much for Mike. That would be a miracle if he managed to give all of them. But I'm sure he they would cancel some of the shows. And Michael would not have taken more cities! I think he could give about 25 performances, but that's all.

People say all kinds of things now that Michael is dead. When Michael was alive there was never any talk about a tour. It was a residency in London, the same as so many, like Janet do in Vegas.

All this talk about a tour is just people with their opinions. The residency appealed to Michael as he was in a very different stage in his life, he was a single dad raising 3 kids. The concerts were promoted by AEG and The O2 in London is an AEG venue. The stage and layout was designed for the specific venue, just like a permanent Broadway or West End show is designed for a specific venue. Touring Broadway or West End shows have different set designs, and the shows are adapted for touring.

Its just like all the American fans who lied about having tickets for the London shows, this talk of a tour all happens after Michael died.

Also, many people in the weeks and months after Michael died kept insisting Michael was fine, everything was good, as they were promoting the TII film. Then when the court case stated and was live streamed and , it all came out that many people involved with the concerts were lying about Michaels health during the promotion of the film.

People say all kinds of things now that Michael is dead. When Michael was alive there was never any talk about a tour. It was a residency in London, the same as so many, like Janet do in Vegas.

All this talk about a tour is just people with their opinions. The residency appealed to Michael as he was in a very different stage in his life, he was a single dad raising 3 kids. The concerts were promoted by AEG and The O2 in London is an AEG venue. The stage and layout was designed for the specific venue, just like a permanent Broadway or West End show is designed for a specific venue. Touring Broadway or West End shows have different set designs, and the shows are adapted for touring.

Its just like all the American fans who lied about having tickets for the London shows, this talk of a tour all happens after Michael died.

Also, many people in the weeks and months after Michael died kept insisting Michael was fine, everything was good, as they were promoting the TII film. Then when the court case stated and was live streamed and , it all came out that many people involved with the concerts were lying about Michaels health during the promotion of the film.
I don’t think anyone was making shit up here though. Paris and Prince said that Michael was going to tour the world during the AEG trial. I think there was serious consideration of a world tour at least.

I don’t think anyone was making shit up here though. Paris and Prince said that Michael was going to tour the world during the AEG trial. I think there was serious consideration of a world tour at least.
No disrespect to Prince and Paris, but they were children. There is a huge difference between the assumptions of children about a parents job and work and the reality of the logistics of the actual job.

Has anyone even researched and looked at the venues that AEG owns, to even see what possible venues would be the same size and layout as Staples Center in LA and The O2 in London??? The whole show was designed for a very specific venue. On June 24 the final design blue prints were sent to London and production tickets were released. These are seats in the front section that had been put on hold and not sold until the final set design was signed off. There were people on this forum, MJJC who were in the middle of buying production tickets on June 25 when the news about Michael being taken to hospital broke.

No disrespect to Prince and Paris, but they were children. There is a huge difference between the assumptions of children about a parents job and work and the reality of the logistics of the actual job.
The children both said that Michael told them they would tour after the O2 shows. Michael Prince also stated in the MJ cast that they would tour after they’d done the 50 shows in London.

The children both said that Michael told them they would tour after the O2 shows. Michael Prince also stated in the MJ cast that they would tour after they’d done the 50 shows in London.
There are a lot of people with a financial interest who all claim after Michael died that there would be a tour. The dancers and band were only contracted until the last London concert.

Look whatever. Believe what you want to believe. I was following it all in real time here on MJJC and other online communities. I was at the London press conference and my friends were the fans in LA outside Michaels house and outside The Forum, Center Staging and Staples Center.

Just like in the weeks following Michaels death people claimed there was nothing wrong, yet the court case which convicted the felon and sent him to jail for Michaels death showed otherwise.

There are a lot of people with a financial interest who all claim after Michael died that there would be a tour. The dancers and band were only contracted until the last London concert.

Look whatever. Believe what you want to believe. I was following it all in real time here on MJJC and other online communities. I was at the London press conference and my friends were the fans in LA outside Michaels house and outside The Forum, Center Staging and Staples Center.

Just like in the weeks following Michaels death people claimed there was nothing wrong, yet the court case which convicted the felon and sent him to jail for Michaels death showed otherwise.
Its very possible that Michael wanted do more shows after the 50 and that he talked about it to others. That doesn't mean they were going to happen even if had lived. He could have easily changed his mind later and probably would have. It was just talk.

I think Michael was just talking but if the residency was successful, I doubt he would've did a world tour for it. Maybe 20 shows overseas and since he didn't tour the states, he would've skipped us.

Back