Aerosmith Announces Tour, Lead Singer

Prince Of Pop

Proud Member
US rockers Aerosmith have announced plans for a European tour complete with frontman Steven Tyler, whose future with the band had been in doubt.
Tyler, who had a stint in rehab and was due to be replaced, appeared in a video with his bandmates and joked: "I just auditioned and I got the gig!"
"We're coming and everything is set at eleven," added guitarist Joe Perry.

The tour begins in June.

The band faced problems after Tyler fell off the stage at a gig in August.
Following the accident, the band's North America tour was shelved, and Perry complained that Tyler had sidelined Aerosmith.

In December Tyler was admitted to a clinic to deal with painkiller addiction and later said that he had no intention of quitting the rock band. A month later, Perry announced his intention to audition for a replacement singer.

'Common denominator'

In an interview earlier this week, Aerosmith drummer Joey Kramer said: "We will carry on and do what we do best."

"The one common denominator that we still all have is that we all love to get up on stage and rock out, play music and bring joy to people.

"And we let the other drama, as of late, kind of filter itself out by the wayside and concentrate on more of what's important, which is the playing and the business at hand," added the band's drummer.
The band, who originally formed in the early 1970s, are best known for their hits including Walk This Way and Love In An Elevator.

They are due to kick off their tour in Sweden on 10 June and will play the Download Festival and London's O2 Arena in the UK later that month.

they better be careful...not everybody has the Journey success..but i can surely understand Joe Perry. lol...how ironic those two combined produce the name Steve Perry. lol

Last edited:
Steven has a kind of destinctive voice and perfoming style, I don't know who they could have replaced him with. Besides he's been in the group since the beginning. It would be like replacing Mick Jagger in the Stones. In most cases replacing the singer doesn't work. Van Halen did it, but "Van Hagar" had a totally different sound than when David Lee Roth was the singer. It was more pop and less hard rock.

I laughed at his comment how he tried out for the gig and was picked. lol

I'm just glad the boys are back together. Aerosmith can't continue without Steven. It was bad enough in the late 70's to early 1980's when Joe left the band.

Thx for postin Prince of Pop.

I do not know this group that much. I've only seen some live performances on youtube and one or two music videos but i do like Steven Tyler's stage presence and VOICE. Does he still have THAT voice ? To those who know about their concerts: do u think their concert will be worth attending ? Do you think it will be an intimate thing or a huge show with a big stage, fast pace and everything ? If so, i hope they'll perform in France. I wonder how expensive a ticket will be.

Sorry for my english which is not that literary.

Last edited:
I laughed at his comment how he tried out for the gig and was picked. lol

I'm just glad the boys are back together. Aerosmith can't continue without Steven. It was bad enough in the late 70's to early 1980's when Joe left the band.

Hear hear.

Thx for postin Prince of Pop.

I do not know this group that much. I've only seen some live performances on youtube and one or two music videos but i do like Steven Tyler's stage presence and VOICE. Does he still have THAT voice ? To those who know about their concerts: do u think their concert will be worth attending ? Do you think it will be an intimate thing or a huge show with a big stage, fast pace and everything ? If so, i hope they'll perform in France. I wonder how expensive a ticket will be.

Sorry for my english which is not that literary.

I have seen Aerosmith twice, in 2001 and 2002.
The concert is definitely worth attending. I might sound a little biased because I'm a huge fan, but it's a great experience. I don't know if I would call it an intimate show. I saw them in the same outdoor venue both times, and there was the main stage with a smaller stage constructed towards the back of the audience. In the middle of the show, the band would walk off the main stage and to the rear one so that those who were stuck with lawn seats could get a better view of them performing. They'd stay there for a few songs and then return to the main stage.

The tickets are expensive, however. Last I knew, they were charging about $125 a show (2008). Not sure what that comes out to in francs. There was a lot of controversy in the fan community about that.

I see from the list of shows on this European tour that they'll be in France on June 29th, at the Paris Bercy Arena.

Hear hear.

I have seen Aerosmith twice, in 2001 and 2002.
The concert is definitely worth attending. I might sound a little biased because I'm a huge fan, but it's a great experience. I don't know if I would call it an intimate show. I saw them in the same outdoor venue both times, and there was the main stage with a smaller stage constructed towards the back of the audience. In the middle of the show, the band would walk off the main stage and to the rear one so that those who were stuck with lawn seats could get a better view of them performing. They'd stay there for a few songs and then return to the main stage.

The tickets are expensive, however. Last I knew, they were charging about $125 a show (2008). Not sure what that comes out to in francs. There was a lot of controversy in the fan community about that.

I see from the list of shows on this European tour that they'll be in France on June 29th, at the Paris Bercy Arena.

Hello :),

Thx for taking the time to answer me. Bercy's not that far from me at all so it would be good. By the way, we use euros in France not francs :) .

Back