added vocal parts in remixes

helena22

Proud Member
You know many artists record extra vocal parts for some of their remixes. MJ has done that too. But I'm not sure if I know all the added vocal parts of his remixes. All I know for certain is there are some parts added in 2 Bad Refuge Camp Mix and History Tony Moran's HIStory Mix. I love the parts in both of them.

What other remixes have the added vocal parts? And which is your favorite? (not in terms of the whole song, but only added vocal)

Bad (Extended Version) cuz you hear MJ laughing and the adlibs are cool. Also Leave Me Alone (Extended Version) cuz MJ adlibs in a way you dont normally hear on his albums.

I've never heard MJs leave me alone extended. Can't find it on youtube either.

They are not recorded for Remixes they were recorded on the original session to be used in the album versions, but were cut

They are not recorded for Remixes they were recorded on the original session to be used in the album versions, but were cut

^ What he said

...and sometimes remixers take small ad libs that only are in the background and contrast them more in the remix so you go like "WTF was that?!".
Other times you know, the remixers get all the vocals separated so they can pick out a single vocal that is usually drowned in a huge choir in the original versions.

I used to always make note of the remix songs where you heard MJ vocals that weren't on the album version. Now that someone asks about them, I can't remember any of them except for Bad.

Addlibs in Remixes in:
This Time Around
In The Closet
Who Is It
i will upload the addlibs :)

@ mjrico : Yeah that would be very great, I never heard it for This time around ^^
Thank you

Doesn't The Girl Is Mine 2008 have new vocals after 2:00? I didn't know WBSS2008 had new vocals.

I don't think Mike ever recorded different vocals for remixes like BBD or Mariah Carey, except maybe Bad False Fade which wasn't really a remix, just a long version. He sometimes gave unused vocals from the album sessions to remixers like Rock With You or You Are Not Alone.

@ mjrico : Yeah that would be very great, I never heard it for This time around ^^
Thank you

that would be great, never hear it either.

...and sometimes remixers take small ad libs that only are in the background and contrast them more in the remix so you go like "WTF was that?!".
Other times you know, the remixers get all the vocals separated so they can pick out a single vocal that is usually drowned in a huge choir in the original versions.

true, that's why i love some remixes, like c&c music factory's black or white, they're great.

Back