Actor Maximilian Schell wrote this handwritten letter to Michael in November 1993

MsCassieMollie

Proud Member

From Oscar-winning actor Maximilian Schell in November 1993, just as the first allegations against Michael surfaced and the parasitic media was on a feeding frenzy surrounding the situation. Apparently Mr. Schell sent the handwritten letter to the Hollywood Reporter and paid for it to be printed on the back page of every copy.

tumblr_lph57hN92V1qg4hbb

• • •

TRANSCRIPTION

MAXIMILIAN SCHELL

NOV, 19

TO: MICHAEL JACKSON
(SOMEWHERE ON THIS PLANET)

DEAR MICHAEL,

I AM DEEPLY ASHAMED — FOR THE PRESS, FOR THE MEDIA, FOR THE WORLD - I don’t know you - we met only ONCE on one of those Award-Dinners (“ENTERTAINER of the DECADE”) - We shook hands - you were kind and polite - I don’t think you knew who I was - HOW SHOULD YOU? OUR WORLDS ARE TOO FAR APART - (I am more, “CLASSICAL” - minded -) but I looked into your eyes — THEY WERE KIND —

You are a great artist and I admire you - my little daughter (she is 9½) LOVES YOU! DEEPLY - SHE EVEN WANTS TO MARRY YOU! (-“BUT HE NEVER CALLS ME!”) SHE IMITATES YOU ALL THE TIME - and quite well -

WE ALL LOVE YOU

I would like her more to listen to MOZART - but she loves YOU! AND I RESPECT HER TASTE! —

THAT YOU SURVIVE THIS AVALANCHE OF DIRT THROWN AT YOU - I ADMIRE TREMENDOUSLY -

THANK YOU FOR WHAT YOU ARE!

GOD BLESS YOU

Maximilian Schell

P.S. “ONE CAN ONLY SEE GOOD WITH THE HEART - THE ESSENTIAL IS INVISIBLE FOR THE EYES” - (“THE LITTLE PRINCE”)

Thank you so much for posting, MsCassieMollie.

I read it over and over again. There is so much empathy and hope in his words and in the way he supported Michael.

:give_flowers:

thank you for sharing this..I had never seen it....very nice of him and his words are sweet..

Mom told me about this, while watching Judgement at Nuremberg....His oscar winning best actor role.

Fantastic actor! I love Judgement at Nuremburg! The fact he wasn't afraid to speak his mind, give it to the press to show and try to call Michael out is utterly amazing! Nobody would do this anymore!

That was very kind of him. Wish Michael had that kind of support from Hollywood in 2005 too :(

Judgement at Nuremberg is a fantastic movie and Maximillian Schell is an amazing actor. It's so sweet of him to wrote this letter for Michael.

Back