Actor John Tobin recalls his experience working with Michael on This Is It

defdave

Proud Member
I've been chatting with actor John Tobin about his experience as the Humphrey Bogart double in the movie and I asked him what it was like to meet Michael.

To paraphrase on behalf of Mr. Tobin,

"Hi Dave thanks i was hoping they used my short bit of footage esp when Kenny told me to motion to Mj saying hands higher in Bogie voice and motion gun to move MJ or legs.. he kicked boxes at me, my gun goes up then down again i have a photo in 3d where I can see my face half as he jumps through the window!!!

I couldn't believe I was standing on top of stairs with Mj 2 foot away. He goes down the stairs and I follow him with my 38 out walking down hall blasting the locked door open.

He asked me if I saw Casblanca many times??? I said 50 or so. He was sweet like a child!!! I got to shake his hand 3 times....at beginning of day with Kenny, then at the top of the stairs with Travis, and as he was leaving with his kids who were awesome and smiling sitting at the monitors!!!"

What an amazing experience and great recounting of an encounter with the King of Pop.

Mr. Tobin has an impressive resume having worked on shows such as CSI and The Office and films such as Indiana Jones 4, but surely nothing is quite like working side by side with the one and only King of Pop. :)

Last edited:
he did a great job... and made us all incredibly jealous.

Thank you Adam ,it was almost unbelievable experience to work with King of Pop with maybe 25 crew around on stage 14 culver studious 2 miles from my house
best to all john

Thank you Adam ,it was almost unbelievable experience to work with King of Pop with maybe 25 crew around on stage 14 culver studious 2 miles from my house
best to all john

I bet! You're very lucky. :)

Yes he is. He readily admits that he is "blessed", but in talking with him he's quite humble as well. :)

Back