Actor James Mitchell Dies at 89 (AMC star)

Earth_Song1

Proud Member
Actor James Mitchell, Palmer Cortlandt on All My Children has died. James passed away on January 22nd. He was 89. His most recent appearance on AMC was for it's 40th Anniversary show. I used to watch this show very heavily in the 1980's. He was one of my favorite characters. I remember how his character Palmer used to try and keep her daughter Nina, away from Dr. Cliff Warner. Wonderful actor.

RIP Mr. Mitchell. You will be missed.

My source was the show Access Hollywood.

He actually died on January 22. It was not released until Monday. I really loved his character. He made Palmer enjoyable!

His character I think was on more before I started watching it. I think I've only seen him about three times. He was a good actor. Oh, please don't tell me we'll be losing a whole slew of celebrities again. :(

James Mitchell and Palmer Cortlandt will been deeply missed in Pine Valley. I've always enjoyed his wit and humor. He loved his family so much, especially his niece, Dixie Cooney. I also loved his rivalry with Adam Chandler as well.

Actor James Mitchell, Palmer Cortlandt on All My Children has died. James passed away on January 22nd. He was 89. His most recent appearance on AMC was for it's 40th Anniversary show. I used to watch this show very heavily in the 1980's. He was one of my favorite characters. I remember how his character Palmer used to try and keep her daughter Nina, away from Dr. Cliff Warner. Wonderful actor.

RIP Mr. Mitchell. You will be missed.

My source was the show Access Hollywood.

I saw this headline scrolling at bottom of the tv screen but the news never showed a picture so I could see which character the actor played since I wasn't familar with the name, James Mitchell.

Thank you so much for telling us which character Mr. Mitchell played!

Back in the day, I also was a huge AMC fan. My family watched it all the time. He was awesome as the overbearing father of Nina! His character was so twisted and flawed you couldn't help but like him.....alot!

I had heard years ago, he started out as a broadway actor and had done a movie or two back when movies were still black and white.( correct me if I am wrong).
May his soul rest in peace.

I saw this headline scrolling at bottom of the tv screen but the news never showed a picture so I could see which character the actor played since I wasn't familar with the name, James Mitchell.

Thank you so much for telling us which character Mr. Mitchell played!

Back in the day, I also was a huge AMC fan. My family watched it all the time. He was awesome as the overbearing father of Nina! His character was so twisted and flawed you couldn't help but like him.....alot!

I had heard years ago, he started out as a broadway actor and had done a movie or two back when movies were still black and white.( correct me if I am wrong).
May his soul rest in peace.

You are very welcome. I was out to lunch with my husband and they had a TV there and that's when I heard it. I was like, AWWWW no. He was 89.

I used to watch a lot in the 80's. If any of you remember, he had a daughter Nina, who married Dr. Cliff Warner. He was on AMC for YEARS!!! Palmer was a character you LOVED to hate!

James Mitchell was also in the movie The Turning Point, starring Anne Bancroft and Shirley MacLaine. He played a former dancer. James was a dancer as well in real life. Search him on the internernet. He was in lots of things.

RIP James Mitchell. You and Palmer will be missed.

You all let me know if AMC writes this into the show. I know when the actress who played Myrtle passed, they did a funeral for her on the show. I hope they to this for James Mitchell/Palmer Cortlandt.

You all let me know if AMC writes this into the show. I know when the actress who played Myrtle passed, they did a funeral for her on the show. I hope they to this for James Mitchell/Palmer Cortlandt.

I'll let you know.

Back