About Uri Geller, Louis Theroux and Bashir.

So i just watched this

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...06&ei=OKpJSpiAHZCOqQLDkIWPBg&q=+Louis+Theroux

And this is the part that follows

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JYF...d.php?t=447387&page=3&feature=player_embedded

In this video Uri Geller comes of as very supportive and caring for MJ, especially when he tells Louis Theroux what he thinks of him, that he seems like a snake and approached people who had negative things to say (Terry George)...but damn....when i saw Uri talking about how he arranged the Bashir doc....i was like WTF!!!! Maybe he didn't do that on purpose..but Geller actually arranged for Bashir (the real snake here) to make that doc? damn!!! Probably the reason why MJ wasn't seen hanging around with Geller anymore after that, right? Who can blame him.

Theroux in this video shows that in the end he's nothing but a reporter, who loves to talk about unnessecary stuff. Instead of acting like a professional...he asks about if Joe likes MJ's nose and later on
if he has a boyfriend or girlfriend..what the hell man.

I DO think he would've made a better doc on MJ than Bashir...but how can i be sure...Theroux could very well be a similar snake like Bashir. And that Terry George guy....who was in the tabloid (mirror) talking about inapropriate phonecalls. What do ya'll know about this guy?

I like Louis Theroux and he makes brilliant documentaries, but I think the questions he asks Joesph Jackson about his son Michael are quite disrespectful. I know now it's no big deal to be gay, but a lot of parents would be offended to ask if their son has a "boyfriend or girlfriend", so I think Joesph was right to be angry at such a question especially when Michael wasn't gay.

As for Terry George, I he needs a punch in the face. I'm sure it was him playing with himself over the phone, and Michael putting the phone down and ending their telephone friendship. I also got the impression Louis Theroux didn't believe his story.

The strange thing about this documentary is that the day after it aired in 2003, the warrant for Michael's arrest was made public by th vile Tom Sneddon. A few days after this documentary aired Louis Theroux was on Jonathan Ross's radio show, and said he saw no evidence of child abuse by Michael and didn't think Michael was a child abuser. This documenatry to me, ends up not so much being about Michael, but about the hangers on who make money from even a distant connection to Michael.

I like Louis Theroux and he makes brilliant documentaries, but I think the questions he asks Joesph Jackson about his son Michael are quite disrespectful. I know now it's no big deal to be gay, but a lot of parents would be offended to ask if their son has a "boyfriend or girlfriend", so I think Joesph was right to be angry at such a question especially when Michael wasn't gay.

As for Terry George, I he needs a punch in the face. I'm sure it was him playing with himself over the phone, and Michael putting the phone down and ending their telephone friendship. I also got the impression Louis Theroux didn't believe his story.

The strange thing about this documentary is that the day after it aired in 2003, the warrant for Michael's arrest was made public by th vile Tom Sneddon. A few days after this documentary aired Louis Theroux was on Jonathan Ross's radio show, and said he saw no evidence of child abuse by Michael and didn't think Michael was a child abuser. This documenatry to me, ends up not so much being about Michael, but about the hangers on who make money from even a distant connection to Michael.

These people were selling stories for money. At one point for some of them, the greatest thing was to get a phone call from Michael.

When Chandler blackmailed Michael, some of them began coming up with ideas how to make money and this guy thought to make up such a story which of course cannot be proven one way or the other.

My question to such a person would be, why did you speak about it after Chandler? Why not before?

We know Michael spoke of being lonely, so at times he would decide to call friends and chat. Of course it is late in the evenings when he would be lonely and most people call each other at night after work or school to chat as pals.

This guy is like Corey Feldman, he was supportive of Michael in 2003 but then suddenly in 2005, switched and sat down with Bashir to attack Michael insinuating things, only for Michael's team to release the 1993 police interview with Corey Feldman that put his lies to shame.

So don't read too much into his insinuations of "inapropriate phone calls". When it comes to Michael, there is heavy misuse of verbs, such as "weird", "bizarre", disturbing", "Innapropriate".

Anything for money
Lie for it

That's what they are.

he did make a good point there. he proved that Joe Jackson is a narrow-minded control freak, who would never accept his son for something different than usual!

I'm absolutely horrified. I really wish I hadn't watched that.

Joe Jackson said: "I can't stand gay people."

Wow, imagine growing up with that. Michael must have had so many gay acquaintances in showbiz. I know Michael said on many occasions that he wasn't gay - and I always wished he hadn't felt a need to say it like that - but being brought up by a father who is so homophobic, being labeled 'gay' must have been difficult for Michael.

I don't think Michael was gay, but I certainly hope he shared his sister Janet's view on homosexuality rather than his father's.

Michael was so unfortunate to have had these disgusting people enter his life!

I'm absolutely horrified. I really wish I hadn't watched that.

Joe Jackson said: "I can't stand gay people."

Wow, imagine growing up with that. Michael must have had so many gay acquaintances in showbiz. I know Michael said on many occasions that he wasn't gay - and I always wished he hadn't felt a need to say it like that - but being brought up by a father who is so homophobic, being labeled 'gay' must have been difficult for Michael.

I don't think Michael was gay, but I certainly hope he shared his sister Janet's view on homosexuality rather than his father's.

I truly do believe that MJ always apreciated people for who they are, that man could never hate anyone. He even said that he couldn't stay angry at the accuser cause it just 'wasn't like him' ...the man truly had no bad bone in his body.

lI am a huge fan of Louis Theroux, and have wantched almost all of his documentaries.

I have to say, in the Michael Jackson doc, it's more about louis not getting the story. On his journeys he meets the magician and the impersonator, and it's incredible how he tries to pick up the pieces of a lost story.

In the interview with joe, he intentionally presses the right buttons to give himself a strong moment in the documentary. Joe came to him with all of his vegas acts, asking for cash and being non-respondent in the interview. As a journalist, louis needed to shitstir joe to give himself some kind of scoop, but really louis wasnt trying to insult michael...He was trying to bring out the angry, defensive side of joe. Power to him. It was a great documentary.

I love how at the end he goes back to uri, and tries to get uri to admit louis would've been the better choice. That moment is incredible, but also very funny. Louis is a funny guy.

I honestly think Louis wouldve done a good job if he got the documentary. He wouldve been respectful, but also focussed on the minutia of Michael's day to day life: IE watching michael make a cup of tea in the morning. The doco wouldve been more real, more truthful, and more interesting had louis gotten it. I think he may even be a bit of a fan.

I think Bashir focussed on the scandal way too much in his documentary. Take it from someone who knows Louis's work, I dont think he would have.

Jeremy.

^ I agree, it's about him trying to get the story. It really does show how many hangers on were willing to "talk Michael" just for a quick buck or fleeting recognition. It's really sad.

Also, I've always been really angry at the gay thing because the media, in labelling Michael gay, are pushing it as something negative to be - like if they can prove it, it will shame him. Well shame on *them*. They've tried bait him to say "No I'm not gay because... *insert insulting remark here*..." but he wouldnt do that. Michael is respectful. F*ck the press. They create divisions.

^ I dunno, I still say the gay insinuation in the Louis doco was just to bait Joe to get him on the defensive. I praise Louis immensely. He did a great job.

I agree the gay rumors are incredibly disrespectful. I just finished watching todays ET, and they are such scum for putting Ian Halperin on air to plug his book and spout crap about MJs relationships. ET are ridiculous.

By the way, to those who may be following my posts prior when I said this biographer seems trustworthy, I honestly didnt do my homework, thinking it was that guy who wrote "the magic and the madness" and showed the press around neverland. Please dont vocalize my contradiction. :)

Jeremy.

Yeah i get your point, jmoses. I think that's what Louis was trying to do.

But all those remarks about being gay, muslim etc.. aren't offensive to Michael, they are offensive to those who are gay or muslim and the media are making it sound like a bad thing..... that's how i take it anyway.

But all those remarks about being gay, muslim etc.. aren't offensive to Michael, they are offensive to those who are gay or muslim and the media are making it sound like a bad thing..... that's how i take it anyway.

Yeah that's my point too :)
They make out like being gay or muslim is a bad thing to be, which is extremely backhanded of the media if you ask me.

Back