About the MJ 30th anniversary concert

I just seen the Jackson and MJ parts of it. I was surprised how he sung practically everything live, except for Billie Jean and i think Black or white too. I'll be there was awesome, his voice was very good, and i wish he'll be singing these kind of songs live at the O2 come july, i really do.

I got a few questions...

1-Is this Mike's latest stage performance? If not ..which one was,so i can look it up, lol.

2- Is this really true?

the best seats cost $5,000 and included a dinner with Michael Jackson and a signed poster. The cheapest seats cost $1600, which included just a dinner following the concert. Jackson reportedly earned $7.5 million for each of the two concerts, which is over $150,000 per minute. The show ranked first in black viewers over the decade ending 2008.[1]

Cause i find that hard to believe....i mean....look at all the fans there, not business suits or anything, lol. Just people with normal income... i really don't believe for a second they actually payd 1600 for a ticket...i also recall hearing from a fan that she paid ALOT less for the concert....so....in other words, Wiki has the wrong info?

The last proper performance that MJ has done was the Bill Clinton's Charity Gala concerts during 2002 where MJ performed Dangerous, Black Or White and Heal The World. You can only find a small portion of the Dangerous performance from the Clinton concert because the whole performances weren't allowed to be broadcast for legal reasons. Also he performed Dangerous on American Bandstand in 2002 also which you can probably find on youtube.

Yes the most expensive seats were around $5000 at the MSG concerts but $1600 definitely wasn't the most cheapest ticket, it might have been the cheapest one out of the VIP package deals but there definitely seats that were much cheaper than $1600. The MSG concerts were the second biggest grossing concerts of 2001.

1. Michael performed 2 concerts in 2002. One on American Bandstand with Dangerous. The other was the Clinton gala thing with Dangerous, Black Or White, and Heal The World. Me thinks Michael was Dangerous album obsessed in 2002.

In 2003 he was on stage for a bit with James Brown.

In 2006 he sang a bit on We Are The World at the WMA.

2. I think it's true...

Kinda crazy to pay that kind of money to only see them perform a few songs...and the rest is from completely different artists...some of them which i wouldn't even call artists personally.

1. Michael performed 2 concerts in 2002. One on American Bandstand with Dangerous. The other was the Clinton gala thing with Dangerous, Black Or White, and Heal The World. Me thinks Michael was Dangerous album obsessed in 2002.

In 2003 he was on stage for a bit with James Brown.

In 2006 he sang a bit on We Are The World at the WMA.

2. I think it's true...

Yeah he sang one line 'Make it funky' and did some moves for a bit during a tribute to James Brown in 2003. He sang a bit of We Are The World at the World Music Awards but you couldn't hear him much because of the crowd being so loud and also they had to cut off his mic because of the 11pm curfew.

Yes there is one from 2002 but you can only see the first part of the peformance because that was all that was allowed to be shown on tv. However you can see the entire performance of Dangerous that he did on American Bandstand which was awesome where he sings a couple of sections live.

OK, i'll go look on Youtube to see if i can find it.
It's such a pity that he decides to lipsynch to the awesome ballads so many times, while I'll be there sounded great during the 30th anniversary, he definitely can do it very well.

OK, i'll go look on Youtube to see if i can find it.
It's such a pity that he decides to lipsynch to the awesome ballads so many times, while I'll be there sounded great during the 30th anniversary, he definitely can do it very well.

Well apparently MJ performed Black Or White and Heal The World completely live at the Clinton gala concert according to those that were there. I think Diana Ross came on stage to sing Heal The World with him if I remember correctly.

Well apparently MJ performed Black Or White and Heal The World completely live at the Clinton gala concert according to those that were there. I think Diana Ross came on stage to sing Heal The World with him if I remember correctly.

Then it sucks incredibly much that we can't see it...live with Diana? Oh snap!

Yes the most expensive seats were around $5000 at the MSG concerts but $1600 definitely wasn't the most cheapest ticket, it might have been the cheapest one out of the VIP package deals but there definitely seats that were much cheaper than $1600. The MSG concerts were the second biggest grossing concerts of 2001.

Ah right...so kinda like the O2 concerts..the VIP packages and also tickets for 75 or less....i bet that the 'normal' fans you see in the crowd paid those prices, not 1600. I mean...even kids were there..as if regular parents are gonna pay that, nah.
It's just stupid as hell that Wiki once again hasn't got their info straight.

Last edited:
Ah right...so kinda like the O2 concerts..the VIP packages and also tickets for 75 or less....i bet that the 'normal' fans you see in the crowd paid those prices, not 1600. I mean...even kids were there..as if regular parents are gonna pay that, nah.
It's just stupid as hell that Wiki once again hasn't got their info straight.

Yeah wiki tends to get a lot of things wrong. It seems to me that they were taking the VIP prices to be the prices for all seats which definitely wasn't the case.

I really can't wait for the O2 concerts to start...several people have told me they don't think Mike can still do it..the singing and dancing. Which is of course stupid as hell. I mean..it's been only a few years since he sung live in public...what can those few years possible be? Lol, nah seriously...we don;t know what he does at home when he's working on music. Who knows..maybe the dude sings every day, and that way already practicing for the concerts.

Mike is gonna prove that he can still do it....the moves, that is. The singing, we'll have to see...i do believe he could sing some great ballads, i am fine with it if he decides to sing all the ballads and mimes to the uptempo songs...i would have peace with that. Either way....July can't come soon enough...and it's gonna be VERY hard to avoid reading stories and maybe even a few pics of the shows....i am gonna try to cause i want everything to be a surprise.

I really can't wait for the O2 concerts to start...several people have told me they don't think Mike can still do it..the singing and dancing. Which is of course stupid as hell. I mean..it's been only a few years since he sung live in public...what can those few years possible be? Lol, nah seriously...we don;t know what he does at home when he's working on music. Who knows..maybe the dude sings every day, and that way already practicing for the concerts.

Mike is gonna prove that he can still do it....the moves, that is. The singing, we'll have to see...i do believe he could sing some great ballads, i am fine with it if he decides to sing all the ballads and mimes to the uptempo songs...i would have peace with that. Either way....July can't come soon enough...and it's gonna be VERY hard to avoid reading stories and maybe even a few pics of the shows....i am gonna try to cause i want everything to be a surprise.

I'm really excited about them too. At the end of the day its going to be an awesome show and I do think there will be several surprises in store for us :).

Oh definitely, if the stuff that AEG guys says is true, we'll hear new music. I just hope for a new MJ album too..i mean...it's about time, all that talk from Akon,Neyo,Will.IAM about it...but still nothing :(

Oh definitely, if the stuff that AEG guys says is true, we'll hear new music. I just hope for a new MJ album too..i mean...it's about time, all that talk from Akon,Neyo,Will.IAM about it...but still nothing :(

I just think we have to be patient, lay back and enjoy the ride. A lot of fans didn't think MJ was going to perform again but bam! all of a sudden all these concert dates have been announced and he has sold them all out in record time. I think MJ and AEG have been planning things well in advance and that there are several stages to their plan, there is no doubt in my mind that there will be some new music at some point especially since Randy Philips has said MJ will be performing some new material at the concerts.

2- Is this really true?

the best seats cost $5,000 and included a dinner with Michael Jackson and a signed poster. The cheapest seats cost $1600, which included just a dinner following the concert. Jackson reportedly earned $7.5 million for each of the two concerts, which is over $150,000 per minute. The show ranked first in black viewers over the decade ending 2008.[1]

Cause i find that hard to believe....i mean....look at all the fans there, not business suits or anything, lol. Just people with normal income... i really don't believe for a second they actually payd 1600 for a ticket...i also recall hearing from a fan that she paid ALOT less for the concert....so....in other words, Wiki has the wrong info?

I was at both the MSG concerts, I had a brillant seat for both concerts and I didnt pay $1600 for any of my tickets!

the best seats cost $5,000 and included a dinner with Michael Jackson and a signed poster. The cheapest seats cost $1600, which included just a dinner following the concert.
This was for the friday 7 september concert only. The prices quoted are for the VIP / front section of the arena. The dinner mentioned was the official afterparty at Tavern On The Green, Central Park. It was held in the main dining room of the restaurant and yes Michael did attend. I heard from a fan who was there that he hardly had time to eat or talk to his friends who were at the table cos all the celebs present (yes Im talking about you Beyonce ) acted like crazy fans and kept going over to him and asking for photos, autographs etc, while the real fans left him alone and didnt want to bother him!

The ticket prices for the rest of the arena were not as high as $1600. The most expensive was $500 for the section where Michael was sitting with his friends and family, right down to around $50 for the seats behind the stage where people had to watch the concert on a big screen.

Yes there alot of fans in the front section and they didnt pay the crazy prices. MJJ PRODUCTIONS gave selected fanclubs a number of tickets for the front section each night. Some fanclubs sold these tickets for the same price as a normal ticket, some fanclubs gave them away as prizes.

Also the actual televised versions of the concert were edited by Michael and included alot of fans he recognised. Many of these fans were not in the front section but managed to get on camera and when Michael saw these fans he made sure they were included on the final cut. Thats why the faces you see are REAL fans and not just some one who wanted to go to the concerts as a night out. Many of the fans included are European fans who have been travelling to see Michael since History era or before.

At MSG for 30th anniversary, black or white and billie jean were lip-synced with the original vocals. im pretty sure the way you make me feel, beat it and much of the jacksons performance (except ill be there) were lip-synced with pre-recorded vocals. correct me if im wrong?

No way that Can you feel it and the other Jackson songs were lipsynched. You could easily hear that it were their voices. The way you make me feel was obviously not lip synched..the voice was quite different than from the cd, and yes Beat it,Billie jean and B&W were lipsynched.

No way that Can you feel it and the other Jackson songs were lipsynched. You could easily hear that it were their voices. The way you make me feel was obviously not lip synched..the voice was quite different than from the cd, and yes Beat it,Billie jean and B&W were lipsynched.

i know those songs were different from the cd (including beat it). but im pretty sure those that sounded different were actually lip-synced with pre-recorded vocals (except i'll be there) that were recorded before the concerts. black or white and billie jean were lip-synced from the cd version. the only fully live, non-lip synced song was ill be there.

Can You Feel It to Shake Your Body was sung LIVE.

It was his Solo Performances that were mimed Except You Rock My World :)

Damn..so i was completely wrong then. Too bad...well, i just hope for the
best , for the O2 shows. We'll just have to wait and see.

Yea Mo is right. Although the end of beat it , billie jean and TYMMF have some live parts.

I think YRMW is half half, his mic is on the whole time but i dnt think he is actually singing in some parts

Back