About Smile 12" Vinyl

unn

Proud Member
It's full of fake Smile 12" vinyls circulating on Ebay and record fairs.

Just to help collectors and fans not to buy fake copies, can someone of you here post pics of the fake ones and compare the differences between a real and a fake?

It could be very helpful for everybody and avoid some crooks make a lot of money on this.

Thanks a lot for answering !

:)

Last edited:
I'm referring to inner labels that they don't add on ebay for obvious reasons and then I won't ever buy any there 'cos I already have the original.

I need this for my files 'cos I never saw a fake one inside and don't know the difference.

If my memory serves me right, I got these pictures from MaxJax where someone posted them. (sorry for not having a link, it was a long while ago)

Original inner label:

originallabel.jpg

Fake inner label:

fakelabel.jpg

It's not a great difference, as you can see. But the colours are darker on the fake one. I hope this is of any help!

There's a thread in the merchandise part that talks a lot about how to recognize a fake. Including photos. I'll see if I can find it and post the link, but it's there.

Was discussed a little over a year ago if I remember correct.

Seems it's gone. I had the images which show the difference save, but seems I deleted them.

Last edited:
If my memory serves me right, I got these pictures from MaxJax where someone posted them. (sorry for not having a link, it was a long while ago)

Original inner label:

originallabel.jpg

Fake inner label:

fakelabel.jpg

It's not a great difference, as you can see. But the colours are darker on the fake one. I hope this is of any help!

it is more easy...the original have two circles on the inner label...the fake only one..

mizar979;3188280 said:
it is more easy...the original have two circles on the inner label...the fake only one..

Absolutely...you can´t say it more simple, mizar:cheeky:! as every original epic maxi (single) should look alike!:yes:

MJsBack;3188885 said:
Absolutely...you can´t say it more simple, mizar:cheeky:! as every original epic maxi (single) should look alike!:yes:

:D....

Thank guys! You're amazing...

We're launching a new memorabilia site and we want to teach fans how to recognize useless fake items from the real ones and especially for the most valuable items.

This way we can't fight this illegal market and help newbies (and not only) not to spend any cent on fake memorabilia.

If you want to help us in making lists for other fake vs real ones you know, please tell us and you can add your tips and get your credits for what you say.

For now, THANKS a lot!

I was wondering if you guys could tell me if this is the original or the fake record. Thanks in advance!

dscn5021v.jpg

dscn5022z.jpg

Back