ABC’s “20/20: Michael Jackson: After Life” draws topped rivals

billyworld99

Proud Member
26 June, 2010 06:07:00

ABC topped its network rivals on Friday in Adults 18-49 (1.3/5), beating NBC by 8% (1.2/4) and CBS and Fox by 30% (1.0/4-tied).

ABC drew its largest summer audience (4.8 million) on the night in over 2 years and matched its best Adults 18-49 (1.3/5) summer performance in nearly 3 years – since 5/30/08 and 7/13/07, respectively.

ABC News’ 2-hour “20/20: Michael Jackson: After Life” delivered the newsmagazine’s best numbers in 6 weeks in Total Viewers (5.2 million), Adults 18-49 (1.4/5) and Adults 25-54 (2.0/6) – since 5/14/10. “20/20” featured an exclusive look into Michael Jackson from those in his inner circle who have never spoken before, plus reports on his children, the investigation into his death, his money, and his legacy on the year anniversary after his death.

“20/20” saw its audience increase from its first hour to its second hour by 1.7 million viewers (4.4 million to 6.1 million), by 45% in Adults 18-49 (1.1/4 to 1.6/6) and by 35% in Adults 25-54 (1.7/5 to 2.3/7), winning the final hour of primetime on each Nielsen measure.

(source: ABC)

http://www.rbr.com/tv-cable/tv-cable_ratings/25400.html

And they will hold this up as proof that the audience wants this kinda crap and continue shovelling it to the masses.:smilerolleyes:

And they will hold this up as proof that the audience wants this kinda crap and continue shovelling it to the masses.:smilerolleyes:

I don't see it that way. I saw the entire two hours and it was respectable. This only shows how popular and how in demand Michael still is. If nobody would have watched I would have been worried.

abc is the source of that report..

anyway..there's no need to worry about interest in Michael, he has a big loyal fanbase.

just putting anything out there, is never worth it.

Can U tell me what was good in that special? I saw some videos on youtube and I think it was trash.

That's not great ratings. Not too long ago 4.8 million were cancellation numbers.
I agree 20/20 was garbage.

I don't see it that way. I saw the entire two hours and it was respectable. This only shows how popular and how in demand Michael still is. If nobody would have watched I would have been worried.

I agree. I'm only about halfway through it (watching it now...paused lol) and so far it's decent. If nobody was interested in watching it, then I would be pissed. Obviously people are interested about Michael and that's a very, very good thing.

That's not great ratings. Not too long ago 4.8 million were cancellation numbers.
I agree 20/20 was garbage.

Did you read the whole article? For a summer show and a Friday night it was the best ratings for any show on that time slot, and the best ratings for 20/20 in a while.

So is it called "after life" or "The last days of MJ"? confused.com

I think the first hour was called the last days of MJ. That's what is posted on the ABC.com website where you can see the video.

The 2nd part isn't online though. (w/KF) and I think that part is called afterlife?? I agree it is confusing.

Did you read the whole article? For a summer show and a Friday night it was the best ratings for any show on that time slot, and the best ratings for 20/20 in a while.

Will hit the floor, if 20/20 cracks the top ten ratings for the week. 20/20 is no longer relevant. BARBARA WALTERS exited 20/20 a few yrs back, because the ratings were tanking.

not sure how 5 mill in the usa is considering top figures when u have such a huge population. 5 mill over here with a pop of 60 mill is hardly rated as a success

some elements of the special were indeed disturbing esp the backpedaling of the interviewees on controversial matters, its confusing. they either attempt to reveal "the truths" or are just fueling the fires of public opinion once more

^ You've got that right... Anyway, I don't trust anything in regards to 20/20 especially Barbara Walters and the stunt she pulled with a little help from CNN.

I thought the second part was great. That's the one I saw and recorded. I would have uploaded it, but the file unfortunately is too big for me to edit.

Back