a very potent quote about Michael from Architectual Digest, about power in soft voices

Proud Member
Michael Jackson at Neverland in Architectural Digest

Related: Celeb Gloss, Michael Jackson

On great legends with small voices:
"On first encounter, Michael seemed shy. He spoke in the very soft, high-pitched voice recognizable to the world, but, oddly enough, after about 10 minutes his tone deepened, although he still spoke very softly. I find that many powerful people, heads of state and such, speak very softly. They don’t have to shout to get your attention. Try to hear what they say the first time -- they don’t like to repeat. Michael was like that."

is that why people have a hard time believing such a soft voice? because they don't like to repeat what they said?

perhaps the truth doesn't bare repeating...but lies do.

i just wonder why some people always have associated MJ with naievity(sp) and still do...

I agree about people with soft voices not liking to repeat themselves... having to repeat myself is a pet peeve of mine. :(
But you know what, I don't really know about the believing thing and how that ties to him having a soft voice... hmm. I think sometimes people associate soft voices as being childish and often times that makes the person with the voice sound a bit naive even when they're not. Sometimes it's quite the opposite!

a very potent quote about Michael from Architectual Digest,
about power in soft voices
Well he sure got me under his spell. :girl_sigh:
Soft but powerful, soothing....attention getter.
Not all soft spoken people have that ability.

Let me put it this way: Those who made fun of his soft voice, they don't know true power and strength shows in that voice. Look at Bhudda sculptures. He is not pumping his fist or making an angry face. He is smiling and his hand is open. It's a powerful image and message to many people.

Another point, you're likely to act and sound tough more often than other times when you feel you're weak. When you believe in yourself and have inner strength that nobody can take away from you, you don't have to tell it to the world that "Look at me, I'm this strong" by having a certain voice tone or the way you carry yourself, etc. And let's not forget, he also did have a lot of power in terms of what we usually mean by the word "power" in our society: money, control, fame, reputation, influence, clout, etc.

In other words: Mike was a gangsta.

Very very interesting, not only the quote but the thing the vncwilliam said:

''perhaps the truth doesn't bare repeating...but lies do''

great slogan ! did you come up with it, or is it a popular phrase?

I also have a soft voice. I hardly ever raise my voice. The thing that I notice is people take it as a sign of weakness.

Back