A Tribute to Michael Jackson in VMA 2009 Advert

I dislike Russel Brand.

Remember last year's VMAs when he commented very rudely about George Bush (not that I blame him lol) and then also linked the Jacksons to the Jonas Brothers (purity ring thing) and said "And even the Jacksons' Dad would beat them up when they were young.. And they've all turned out just fine..." the audience reacted with hysterity. (Linking it to Michael and all the shit he's been through).

He looks a mess, and sounds like a mess. End of.

^^ no i don't remember that. he is a comedian though so i'm not surprised.

However, if he wasn't a Michael fan, he wouldn't have permently inked Michaels face on his arm.

I don't like him or dislike him but its a nice gesture.

i noticed he had that tatoo aswell, i wonder if it's real?

FYI, I believe that WADE ROBSON is choreographing a HUGE Michael Jackson tribute number that is going to be performed on the VMAs.

So I am definitely going to watch!

Since Wade was sort of one of Michael's protege's and a close family friend, I am sure this performance is going to be very special and be a proper dance tribute to Michael.

I saw the tattoos on Russell Brand's shoulder. I think they are really cool. It would be even cooler if they were permanent!

I think its cool that he has that on his arm. I'm sure most comidians had a crack at Michael it just what they do, its not funny but thats how it is, I have nothing against this guy, I find him funny at times, he has that type of humor certain people think is funny, like Craig Ferguson. Thanks for the post.

Russell Brand and the MTV 2009 VMA's.. does he have a MJ tattoo??

I just saw a commercial with Britney Spears and Russell Brand for this yrs VMAs and it looks like a tattoo of Michael on his right arm. But I'm wondering if it is real or just for the show. Has anyone else seen this??? maybe I'm seeing things... lol

Re: Russell Brand and the MTV 2009 VMA's.. does he have a MJ tattoo??

it looks like him.
i doubt they would do it for show.

well i just saw pics of him from august 19th and there is no tattoo. i wonder when they shot this video... ??

I seen a picture on Getty Images of the Dangerous album cover Mikes eyes tattooed on a female last night.

well i just saw pics of him from august 19th and there is no tattoo. i wonder when they shot this video... ??

To promote this year's VMAs.
And this thread has already been posted - check Michaelmania

yep it's the thriller era MJ and his eyes from the cover the essentials! !!

i was just about to make the same thread lol.

i watched it loads of times and i think it looks like he has the dangerous eyes, then a pic of him in thriller era and then MJs signature.

:)

Russell Brand is a MASSIVE Michael Jackson fan! I've seen him live and he's said it and also in his book it is mentioned.

Oh that's so cool! I didn't know he was such a big fan!
Russel is so adorable...hihi.:cheeky:

They will for sure do something at the VMA's to honor Michael Jackson. I would expect several references, MJ style clothing on many of the performers, t-shirts with MJ on it, and choreographed dances paying tribute to MJ. I will watch this for sure.

iv not seen it, but russ was v. sad when michael died.

his style with the belts is so mj bad.

edit - heres the vid. definitely mj tats. if those are real they're new.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AdxWqcqy14

Last edited:
I love Russel Brand! I think he's really funny and very very sexy! I didnt know he was a MJ fan. I saw his Comedy Centeral special and i think he did mention him but i dont remmeber what he said but eather way since he explains his major admiration for Mj in his book and has a mj tattoo then thats all i need! I will definetly be watching the VMA's this year even though they have been really bad these pasy few years but since Russel is hosting again and they will be doing a speacial tribute to Mj i will be watching for sure. I had a feeling that they would do something. it would be a sin for them not to since Mj was a the biggest influence on MTV and performed a number of times at the VMA's. whatever they do i hope they do it well and make it speacial for michael.

It's for the show. Wade Robinson is the one who had put together all of choreography for the VMA's and it has already been said there will be a big performance he has put together as a dedication to Michael.

I've not seen this before so I imagine he got it as a tribute when died. At least he's not one of the comedians making fun of Michael.

Well I dunno why he said that.

Russell Brand is a BIG Michael Jackson fan!

And he was devistated when he died.

I dislike Russel Brand.

Remember last year's VMAs when he commented very rudely about George Bush (not that I blame him lol) and then also linked the Jacksons to the Jonas Brothers (purity ring thing) and said "And even the Jacksons' Dad would beat them up when they were young.. And they've all turned out just fine..." the audience reacted with hysterity. (Linking it to Michael and all the shit he's been through).

He looks a mess, and sounds like a mess. End of.

I've always felt his look is straight out of the Bad era.

They are definately MJ tattoos, didnt realise he was actually a fan.

Back