A Rose is still a Rose or All I Can say better

mistermaxxx

Proud Member
Song written by Lauyren Hill? Lauyren Hill wrote A Rose is a Rose for Aretha Franklin back in 98 and then in 99 wrote all I Can Say for Mary J.Bliege and I was wondering which song do you like better and which one has held up the better of the two and also who else misses Lauyren Hill?? speak on it.

both gems in their own right, and both also produced so well by Lauryn. also liked her reggae-vibed input on Cece Winans' On That Day.

though i don't know what she was thinking with Joss Stone but she needs to come back with a clear head soon..

Last edited:
I think all that i can say is waaaaaaaaaay better.

IMO.

And i do like ms. hill. Wasnt the Fugees supposed to make a comeback?

Definitely "All That I can Say". One of my fave Mary songs, Lauryn did a great job on that one.

I think all that i can say is waaaaaaaaaay better.

IMO.

And i do like ms. hill. Wasnt the Fugees supposed to make a comeback?
They did. They put out a single a couple of years ago, but it didn't get any promotion, so it flopped. I think they did a bit part in some movie also. So nothing further was attempted. Their style isn't really relevant to the rest of popular rap now unfortunately. Outkast is probably the only group that can get away with being different.

i remember all the comparisons that were being made to the Black Eyed Peas at the time of the Fugees reunion tours. they even dissed BEPs on their shows and rightly so imo with the likes of Fergie and their new direction etc. but even if they had made a real comeback, i don't think there would have been much competition seeing as how soul/social-consciousness and their caribbean tinge would be completely undermined by today's ringtone music.

i'd rather hear solo Lauryn over Fugees any day though, and that's coming from a big Fugee fan. but she's miles ahead of Wyclef.

Last edited:
Back