A Reminder: Songs Michael Jackson planned to get released after his death

zacky89

Proud Member
So I do not know if this has been discussed before, but a very important article that came out just after Michael died, seem to have been forgotten by a lot of fans
and especially Will.i.Am who said Michael would never wanted to release an album without his ok,
I remember i read these articles, that day and got excited
I looked them up and here they are.

actually 2 articles:

The first one was this
http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/31628166/ns/today-entertainment
it came out just some days after Michael died from various reliable sources.
THE IMPORTANT QUOTE ON THE ARTICLE

“He has as many as 200 unpublished songs that he planned to leave his children when he died,” a source explained. “They can’t be touched by the creditors, but they could be worth as much as ($100 million) that will ensure his kids a comfortable existence no matter what happens.”

A second article surfaced some months later.
Reliable source BillBoard.Com
http://www.billboard.com/news/new-m...ackson-songs-on-missing-hard-1004000818.story

Another thriller is developing in the complex afterlife of Michael Jackson.

His sister LaToya has taken possession of computer hard drives that contain a trove of unreleased songs he recorded with A-list singers such as Ne-Yo, Akon, and will.i.am of the Black Eyed Peas, according to Rolling Stone magazine.

The drives were in the "Thriller" singer's rented Holmby Hills, Calif., mansion when he died suddenly in June. Hours afterward, the family descended on the house to claim all its contents, and LaToya grabbed the drives, Rolling Stone said, quoting the late singer's manager, Frank DiLeo.

"They backed up trucks, removing everything," DiLeo was quoted as telling the magazine in its issue that hits newsstands on Friday. "They thought Michael owned it all, so they took even the rented furniture. That's who's going to run his estate?"

Jackson's will gave 40 percent of his estate to his 79-year-old mother, Katherine, who wants more control and has raised doubts about the pair of high-powered executors currently overseeing his business affairs.
In a follow-up interview with Reuters, DiLeo said he was "pretty sure" the hard drives were at the family's Hayvenhurst compound in Encino, Calif.

"The estate lawyers will send out letters" to recover the drives so that the contents can be logged, DiLeo added.

An email sent to a representative for LaToya Jackson was not answered, and a family spokesman was not immediately available.

A spokeswoman for will.i.am said the singer did not have duplicates of his work with Jackson. Representatives for Akon and Ne-Yo either could not be reached or had no information.

DiLeo told Rolling Stone that there were at least 100 songs -- including many recorded at Jackson's 1980s peak -- that were never released, including a few "sensational" tracks that were left off "Bad," the 1987 follow-up to his blockbuster "Thriller."

(Reporting by Dean Goodman; Editing by Bob Tourtellotte)

Do we know what happened to those songs, where they the part of the deal
Sony made with the Estate

Many seem to have forgotten about these articles.

Back