A question about michael jackson's singles

Hazard

Proud Member
How comes not one of MJ singles got more than a platinum certifcation in USA despite him being so popular. Even songs like Billie Jean, Thriller, Bad only got a platinum status whilst singers of today like Lady Gaga and Rihanna got some multi platinum songs. Even that Justin Bieber guy got a 2X platinum for his song Baby and he has no talent.

They may have multi-platinum singles, but he has multi-platinum albums.

Anybody can sell one song...............

But Michael Jackson sells albums...........

Last edited:
Because time has changed.

Todays teenagers (and people in general) have much more money than in the 80's, teenagers have also got a great influence on how the parents spent their money.
In the 80's we listened to the radio, we didn't have much money - getting an LP like thriller was the biggest thing in the world (like if you get an ipod or iphone today) - buying music was not a necessity, it was luxury - something that alot of people really couldn't afford.
My farther re-married to a woman with a girl - and the biggest thing in my world was getting a sisters hand-me-downs instead of wearing my brothers and fathers clothes ;)
My father bought my brother the thriller LP in 1990 - that moment I will never forget! it was a big deal, my brother freaked out of joy, unable to understand how lucky he was

Back