a problem with saving picture... coudl someone help please...

lost, lonely & scared... wanna live with Michael i
hey guys...

well, i have this problem with my "internet explorer".

when i wanna save pictures... it saves most of them as bitmat although the original format of the picture is jpg or gif. and the format saved really is mess.

while with Mozilla Firefox, there is no such problem.

i unistalled internet explorer and reinstalled but that didnot work at all.

is there a problem with my windows or... what is it you guess.

I don't use Internet Explorer myself, but Microsoft support offers a solution for your problem:

Internet Explorer saves images as bitmaps (.bmp Files):

This behavior may occur if a damaged program file (for example, an ActiveX or Java object) is downloaded to the <var>SystemRoot</var>\Downloaded Program Files folder on your hard disk.

To troubleshoot and resolve this behavior, empty the contents of the Temporary Internet Files folder, and then delete the files in the Downloaded Program Files folder that are listed as either Unknown or Damaged. To do so:
  1. Start Internet Explorer (if it is not already started).
  2. Empty the contents of the Temporary Internet Files folder. To do so:
    1. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    2. Click the General tab.
    3. Under Temporary Internet files, click Delete Files.
    4. When you are prompted to delete all temporary Internet files, click OK.
  3. In the Downloaded Program Files folder on your hard disk, remove the files that are listed as either Unknown or &nbsp;Damaged. To do so:
    1. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    2. Click the General tab.
    3. Under Temporary Internet files, click Settings.
    4. Click View Objects.

The list of program files that are downloaded to the <var>SystemRoot</var>\Downloaded Program Files folder on your hard disk appears in the Downloaded Program Files window.
    5. In the Status column, note the files that are listed as either Unknown or Damaged. Remove these files. To do so, right-click the file, and then click Remove.
    6. When you are prompted to confirm the removal, click Yes.
    7. Close the Downloaded Program Files window, and then click OK two times.
  4. Save an image in Internet Explorer to test and determine if the issue is resolved.

If the issue continues to occur after you remove all downloaded program files that are listed as Unknown or Damaged, try removing the other downloaded program files that are on the list.

Note: The next time that you need one of the files that you removed from the Downloaded Program Files folder, you will receive a prompt to download the file to your hard disk in Internet Explorer.
If you follow these steps, and the issue still occurs, move the Temporary Internet Files folder to a new location. To move the folder, follow these steps:
  1. Start Internet Explorer.
  2. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
  3. On the General tab, click Settings under Temporary Internet files.
  4. Click Move Folder.
  5. In the Browse for Folder dialog box, select a new location for the folder, and then click OK.
  6. Click OK to close the Settings dialog box.
  7. When you receive the following warning message, click Yes:Windows will now log you off to finish moving Temporary Internet Files.
    Do you want to continue?
    (All other changes have been saved.)
    Windows automatically logs you off of the computer.
  8. Log back on to the computer.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/810978/en-us

There's also a solution with photos of how you do it here:

http://www.windowsphotostory.com/Photography/InternetExplorerBitmapProblem.aspx

Hope that helps. :)

Back