A portrait of Michael Jackson by Andy Warhol pulled from auction Sunday

CraigB

Proud Member
A portrait of Michael Jackson (The King of Pop) by Andy Warhol (The King of Pop Art?) was pulled from an auction with the owner citing the rising interest in all things Michael Jackson since his untimely death.

The portrait is very similar to the one of Warhol's the graced the cover of Time Magazine in 1984 and features Michael in the red Thriller jacket.
Click the picture above for more info and larger pictures.

Yeah it's nice. Wouldn't mind a print of it. You can buy prints of the Time magazine cover from their website, but I'd prefer one without all the writing on it.

Yeah it's nice. Wouldn't mind a print of it. You can buy prints of the Time magazine cover from their website, but I'd prefer one without all the writing on it.

Yeah plus the colors of this on are better than the one on the TIME cover on his website.

It says it is 30x26 so it would look super in my house! If anyone finds a print let us know!!!

I think it's real nice that they pulled it. I'm disgusted by people profiting from his death.

I think it's real nice that they pulled it. I'm disgusted by people profiting from his death.

You might want to re-read what it says on the site because it says exactly the opposite... They pulled it so they could get more money.

And they guy only bought a few months ago!

Last edited:
I haven't seen a repro of this, maybe that is why it was pulled - so they could sell repro?

A portrait of Michael Jackson (The King of Pop) by Andy Warhol (The King of Pop Art?) was pulled from an auction with the owner citing the rising interest in all things Michael Jackson since his untimely death.

The portrait is very similar to the one of Warhol's the graced the cover of Time Magazine in 1984 and features Michael in the red Thriller jacket.
Click the picture above for more info and larger pictures.

Looks like the portrait is going to be displayed at the O2 Arena and then later this month it will be auctioned in New York. Guy bought it for under $300,000 earlier this year and it will sell for millions supposedly.

http://www.craigboyce.com/Misc/AndyWarholPortraitofMichaelJackson.html

Back