A Message From One Of The sponsers of MJ4Justice (MTV Resepct MJ Campaign)

billyworld99

Proud Member
Hello Everyone,
1st I would like to thank you for all of your help and support during this campaign. We have nearly 10,000 VIEWS on our video since its launch January 9th 2011. WONDERFUL!!! Now is the time to step up letter writing campaign. So far we have approximately 77 letters sent to the executives of MTV and Viacom. We really need to increase that number. So we are asking members to use at least one the letters attached (there are 5 to choose from) and email the letter to ALL THREE of the following:

JUDY.MCGRATH@MTV.COM
REDSTONE.SUMNER@VIACOM.COM
REDSTONE.SHARI@VIACOM.COM
With a cc to mj4justice@gmail.com

All you have to do is
1) Cut and paste one of the letters in an email,
2) Send to the recipients listed above
3) CC MJ4Justice@gmail.com

Our goal is to send 1,000 to 1,500 letters and that should not be too difficult since we have over 3,500 members.
For the members who have sent a letter THANK YOU!!
If you have any questions, please let me know.
L.O.V.E
Randi

Letter 1
This is an open appeal to all conscientious decision makers at MTV. I am writing to request that Michael Jackson’s name be restored to the Lifetime Achievement Video Vanguard Award.
Regrettably, by previously removing his name from the award MTV has in reality chosen to publicly dishonor Michael. This does not sit well with his worldwide fan base.
From Michael’s well documented early on contributions to MTV, to his advocacy initiatives and multi-million dollar charity efforts, Michael is considered to be possibly the greatest megastar within recent decades. He was and will always be remembered as the embodiment of music, a magnificent entertainer and a wonderful humanitarian. His prolific body of work is undisputedly the reason why this award should bear his name.
It is my sincere hope that MTV will re-visit and consider the many requests being made to have Michael’s name restored to this award. In the words of MJ, “Make that change”.

Letter 2
The Video Vanguard Award, also known as the Michael Jackson Music Video Award or the Lifetime Achievement Award, is given to musicians who have made a profound effect on the MTV culture. No other artist has had such an impact on the world, culture and MTV than the King of POP, Michael Jackson.
It was Michael Jackson who changed the music video from a promotional tool featuring musicians playing instruments into, as Michael liked to put It, “short films”. His video Thriller influenced and changed music videos into what it is today. It was Michael Jackson who broke down MTV's color barrier and revolutionized Music Television. This is why MTV gave Michael Jackson the honor of bestowing upon other artists an award named after him. The Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award. The King of Pop received the honor in 1988, and the award was renamed after him in 2001. Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award was first presented under that name to U2 in 2001.In 2003, the name of the award was changed to Lifetime Achievement Award because of the allegations made against Michael Jackson. In 2005, Michael was exonerated of all charges against him.
We were shocked to hear the news of his passing, and will always remember his creative genius and far-reaching impact on all music genres and the world. He was such an inspiration to us, and his special soul will be greatly missed.” Look at any previous MTV award show and one cannot help but notice the awe and admiration noted on the face of his peers when Michael performed or made an appearance. Not to mention, many of these artists have continued his humanitarian efforts and would be worthy contenders for future Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Awards.
It is time for MTV to "do the right thing" and honor "the King of POP" as they honored him once before. Michael Jackson fans, from all over the world, believe it is time for MTV to honor the commitment they made to Michael Jackson, his children, his family and his fans.
We respectively ask that MTV reinstate this award in his name and sustain his legacy by awarding artists who uphold the excellence and genius of this extraordinary individual.

Letter 3
Fans worldwide are asking MTV to do the right thing and honor Michael Jackson, the King of Pop by reinstating the "Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award". Michael Jackson, already an established artist of the video era with iconic clips including the epic "Thriller", "Billie Jean, "Bad" and "Beat It", received the "Video Vanguard Award" in 1988 at the Video Music Awards. In fact, the Guinness Book of World Records lists "Thriller" the most successful music video of all time. Michael defined music videos as an art form with a storyline, or as Michael put it "short film". In recognition in his honor, the "Video Vanguard Award" was renamed "The Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award" in 2001. Sadly, in 2003, while Michael was fighting for his life in a court of law, his name was removed and the award was presented as the "Lifetime Achievement Award". In 2006, again the award was presented as the "The Video Vanguard Award", with no mention of Michael Jackson, despite full acquittal of all charges in 2005.
With a musical career of over 40 years, Michael's music continues to influence individuals of all ages and cultures worldwide. Additionally, Michael remains the most awarded musician of all time with over 380 awards received throughout his career, with some categories receiving repeated awards. We recognize the award was presented to him as his lifetime achievement. An achievement unmatched to any other.
Michael Jackson paved the path in music video world by producing visionary work set to song. His creative genius in the music world is respected by every artist of all musical genres. In honor of Michael Jackson, we respectively ask that MTV restore Michael Jackson's name to the Video Vanguard Award.

Letter4
As you are probably aware of, millions of Michael Jackson fans worldwide, including myself are concerned as to when Michael's name will be restored to the Video Vanguard/Lifetime Achievement Award.
This award is given to musicians who have made a profound effect on the MTV culture. "Michael's groundbreaking work as a video artist with videos such as Thriller, Billie Jean, and Beat It helped to bring the relatively new television channel MTV to fame." Additionally, Michael Jackson was always there to raise the bar at the Video Music Awards including his "epic medley during the 1995 show and his surprise performance at the 2001 awards." From his well documented early contributions to MTV to his advocacy initiatives and multi-million dollar charity efforts, Michael is considered to be the greatest mega-star within recent decades.
I feel very strongly that Michael Jackson deserves to have the Video Vanguard/Lifetime Achievement Award reinstated under his name. (Michael Jackson Music Video Award)
MTV, you made a decision to remove Michael Jackson's name from this award; But now you have a chance to right this great wrong. It is time for MTV to honor the commitment they made to Michael Jackson, his children, his family and his fans. Rename the award to honor Michael Jackson because he deserves it and it is the right thing to do.

Letter 5
From Michael’s well documented early on contributions to MTV, to his advocacy initiatives and multi-million dollar charity efforts, Michael is considered to be possibly the greatest megastar within recent decades. He was and will always be remembered as the embodiment of music, a magnificent entertainer and a wonderful humanitarian. His prolific body of work is undisputedly the reason why this award should bear his name.
It is my sincere hope that MTV will re-visit and consider the many requests being made to have Michael’s name restored to this award. In the words of MJ, “Make that change”.

I tried to send and it says that it doesn't recognize the e-mail addresses

i copied and pasted one of the letters to all 3 email adresses,but the first 2 i forgot to put the cc,does it matter?or shall i send the first 2 again with the cc included?all emails have gone through anyway,

Again, MTV made it awfully clear what they think about Jackson on his own birthday at the MTV Video Music Awards in 2002, when they told him that he won the Artist of the Millenium Award, when, in fact, it was Artist of the Century award. Pleading for these peeps' change of mind about another award is humiliating oneself, really. That's not even got to do with being proud, but having common sense. It's a waste of time and attention, which MTV certainly don't deserve it; their awards presenters love to make fun of celebrities in general. MTV channel, plus their awards these days, are a crazy travesty anyway.

Last edited:
Again, MTV made it awfully clear what they think about Jackson on his own birthday at the MTV Video Music Awards in 2002, when they told him that he won the Artist of the Millenium Award, when, in fact, it was Artist of the Century award. Pleading for these peeps' change of mind about another award is humiliating oneself, really. That's not even got to do with being proud, but having common sense. It's a waste of time and attention, which MTV certainly don't deserve it; their awards presenters love to make fun of celebrities in general. MTV channel, plus their awards these days, are a crazy travesty anyway.

True.

I sent an e-mail anyways. :)

Back