A Horse With No Name/A Place With No Name, Elvis Presley song resemblance?

Themidwestcowboy

Proud Member
Am i just crazy or does AHWNN and APWNN have the same melody and rhythm as this Elvis Presley song? Just the choruses.

[youtube]PU5xxh5UX4U[/youtube]

[youtube]GXxSOFcL8N8[/youtube]

[youtube]zSAJ0l4OBHM[/youtube]

Ohhh Thats a long time ago sinse I saw or even heard the song :Return to sender" ...NICE :)

I think the AHWNN indeed looks the same as APWNN ..but I can't hear anything familiar on Elvis song ...maybe I should listen to it a few more times ?

I dont hear it BUT Return To Sender always reminds me of If You Don't Love Me; it's the only song I can connect between MJ and Elvis

He means the guitar rhythm yes its a little bit close

Lol yeah i heard it during the choruses of the song, but listening to them again idk anymore :p

I don't hear any resemblance.

But like some ppl mention Return to Sender does have some similarities to If You don't Love Me. When I first heard it I thought it was a cover Michael did of a 50's or 60's song- it has that type of vibe for me. I was happy to see though that it was a Michael original. Love that song - it is so catchy and fun. Hope it has a proper release soon.

I have to mention that even though I love AHWNN Michael's version has a catchier more melodic chorus and better bridges (two ). The na na nas at the end are pretty much the same length but I looove Michael's classic adlibs at the end, just awesome!

the only resemblence i hear is the way he tells the story in the song (I did this, I did that)

Back