A few questions on the Smooth Criminal performance

knunez

Proud Member
Hey guys, I wanna ask a few questions on the SM performance due to the fact that this is one of my favorite performances on his tours. Do you think he was gonna wear the full Smooth Criminal costume for the performance like he did for the vignette & the short film, 'cause it would take a really long time to put it on considering the little time you have to change between musical numbers. If you see his past tours, he would wear the jacket & the fedora over the outfit he wore for the most part of the show & he would change his shoes to the magnetic ones he wore on the Dangerous & HIStory shows. Then again it would seem really weird to see MJ in the vignette in full costume then when he jumps from the screen to the stage, see him in half costume so who knows. I'm also wondering if he was gonna do the lean, cause in the movie they cut the musical interlude in SM where he would do the lean, but again right before they cut the song, you see MJ & the dancers walk to the other side of the stage like they would usually do to stick the shoes in the magnetic locks. Also i read somewhere that the patent for the shoes expired due to failure of paying the maintenance fee but i don't know if this is true or just garbage. What do you guys think of all this?

they were going to play the smooth criminal film on the screen which would have given him a few minutes at least, and if they were to focus on continuity, ie him coming from the window through onto the stage, he probably would have wore the suit for the whole 4d experience. :)

I love the band arrangement on SM. And Michael's live bits sound really good too. Along with the Dome Project parts, it's definately the best live rendition of SM he did.

Of course he would have had the lean. It was just rehearsal. Like the Dangerous Rehearsals, no lean.
It's not Smooth Criminal without the lean.

Do you think he was gonna do the lean??

Of course he would have had the lean. It was just rehearsal. Like the Dangerous Rehearsals, no lean.
It's not Smooth Criminal without the lean.

He had shoes for SC with the usual system in the heels, that made the lean possible, so he was going to do it.

But i read somewhere that the patent for the shoes expired due to failure of paying the maintenance fee

But i read somewhere that the patent for the shoes expired due to failure of paying the maintenance fee

So what? It has nothing to do with MJ using this type of shoes for his concerts.

The presentation of SM was perfect. They were gonna dance in front on the city background...

If you watched the performance of the song during This Is It, you can clearly see Michael and all the dancers walk over and line up on the same side of the stage they always performed the lean on to perform it, at the exact same point just before the bridge bit with the police officer saying "OK I want everybody to clear the area right now!", like they did on the Dangerous and HIStory tours. So yes of course they were going to perform it :) So what if the patent expired? The patent was filed in 1993 yet they were doing the lean with the same shoes on the 1992 leg of the Dangerous tour, so I am sure there was no problem. If there was, I see no reason why they couldnt refile tha patent and pay again.

The patent has nothing to do with his ability to use the move or whatnot.

The patent is/was to protect Michael's technology behind the move.

Among things it did/does is keeping scam artists for selling rip-off books and gadgets such as "Magic Michael Jackson Lean Shoes." It also benefits Michael monetarily if anyone such as another artist incorporates the shoes or the tech behind it for one of their shows.

The Viginette was gonna play that would have givien MJ time to change and then he was gonna appear on stage with the Tommy gun ,we would have then had the sizzles ,pop's of the Smooth criminal ,over the Marque and on Mike's cue to sugar foot the song was gonna start , with the towers and him and the dancers dancing , thats my explanation anyways

Back