A fan exclusive home video footage of MICHAEL JACKSON..filmed in 1996

OMG!
www.MessenTools.com-Humor-pelos-locos.gif
kermit.gif

I don't think I would have liked to be there. :( Thank you for sharing though. It's interesting to see.

Did I hear some killjoy at the beginning say,

"You guys are living in a dreamworld!" lol.

I don't want to be negative in here so this is just my feelings on it for myself. I'm sure it was nice to see him. For me all that screaming like they were being tortured, it seems horrible to me. I can't look at that and understand the appeal of being there. I did enjoy being around fans when I went to the trial, but Michael wasn't supposed to be there that day so there weren't lots of fans and I didn't experience the craziness that comes with fans seeing him. I think my ears would be too sensitive to it and maybe I would be too. I kind of wanted to experience it to see what it was like with all the fans, to see if it would be different if I were there, but my gut feeling is that I wouldn't like being in that. I don't really like putting people on such a pedestal that they are removed from the rest of us. I grew up seeing us all as equals. That doesn't mean I don't admire him and appreciate him and think he's wonderful, I do because I have seen what a great man he is, but I wouldn't want to scream at him and can't understand that. Of course I would be excited to meet him, but in a more relaxed setting as just two people. The rest makes me uncomfortable and I don't understand it. Though I do try to. Maybe it's just not in me to react that way, but we all are unique and react our own ways. :) Maybe I'm not cut out for being a fan. Sometimes I wish I could get so excited that I lose it.. but I'm kind of a calm easy going kinda person. (some may consider that boring but it's just me). I quite enjoy this online fandom though :) for the most part.

I think it's that I am too cerebral and not emotional enough for it. I guess it's just not for everyone. Doesn't mean I don't love the person he is. But I don't watch much of his concerts and have never been to one either. I liked the first minute of the video :)

Last edited:
I don't want to be negative in here so this is just my feelings on it for myself. I'm sure it was nice to see him. For me all that screaming like they were being tortured, it seems horrible to me. I can't look at that and understand the appeal of being there. I did enjoy being around fans when I went to the trial, but Michael wasn't supposed to be there that day so there weren't lots of fans and I didn't experience the craziness that comes with fans seeing him. I think my ears would be too sensitive to it and maybe I would be too. I kind of wanted to experience it to see what it was like with all the fans, to see if it would be different if I were there, but my gut feeling is that I wouldn't like being in that. I don't really like putting people on such a pedestal that they are removed from the rest of us. I grew up seeing us all as equals. That doesn't mean I don't admire him and appreciate him and think he's wonderful, I do because I have seen what a great man he is, but I wouldn't want to scream at him and can't understand that. Of course I would be excited to meet him, but in a more relaxed setting as just two people. The rest makes me uncomfortable and I don't understand it. Though I do try to. Maybe it's just not in me to react that way, but we all are unique and react our own ways. :) Maybe I'm not cut out for being a fan. Sometimes I wish I could get so excited that I lose it.. but I'm kind of a calm easy going kinda person. (some may consider that boring but it's just me). I quite enjoy this online fandom though :) for the most part.

I think it's that I am too cerebral and not emotional enough for it. I guess it's just not for everyone. Doesn't mean I don't love the person he is. But I don't watch much of his concerts and have never been to one either.

I understand you. :) Yes, fans could have been less scandalous. I know, sometimes it was scary. :fear:

BUT in this case, if Michael wanted to, he could have ignored the fans and have moved on, but he did not that :heart: ....

Yes he is much more gracious and made for that than I would be :) I couldn't be him. So I guess it's a good thing I am me and he was he ..lol. I am not saying anything bad about them or that its wrong to be that way. It is just not my personal idea of a good time. Now if I had a chance to meet him inside away from all of that, and we could have talked like two strangers getting to know one another, THAT I would love. I may feel all those butterflies and excitement and everything on the inside still.

Has anyone been in that situation? Did you react how you expected you would or did the excitement take over and did you become someone you didn't recognize in yourself? How about friends you knew? Did they act how you thought they would? (wait... I don't want to take away from this thread and be the killjoy Shila mentioned. I am only curious to know).

I think it's that I am too cerebral and not emotional enough for it. I guess it's just not for everyone. Doesn't mean I don't love the person he is. But I don't watch much of his concerts and have never been to one either. I liked the first minute of the video :)

I completely understand where you're coming from...I can understand the fans' excitement, and I know Michael loved his fans no matter what...But, I believe out of respect I would have silently cried a little bit and probably would shake a bit if I had ever met Michael, but I would have talked to him, you know? Not scream and cry hysterically... I would have preferred to see Michael not so bombarded all the time...I think some fans needed to regain a little bit of composure...I think deep down, being human, Michael would have appreciated that a little more too....That's just my opinion :)

Yes he is much more gracious and made for that than I would be :) I couldn't be him. So I guess it's a good thing I am me and he was he ..lol. I am not saying anything bad about them or that its wrong to be that way. It is just not my personal idea of a good time. Now if I had a chance to meet him inside away from all of that, and we could have talked like two strangers getting to know one another, THAT I would love. I may feel all those butterflies and excitement and everything on the inside still.

Has anyone been in that situation? Did you react how you expected you would or did the excitement take over and did you become someone you didn't recognize in yourself? How about friends you knew? Did they act how you thought they would? (wait... I don't want to take away from this thread and be the killjoy Shila mentioned. I am only curious to know).

:shifty:

I understand you :naughty: :fear: .... I also love it. :heart: Meet with Michael and say so many things.... That would be great. :girl_sigh: :wub:

:cry: *big sigh*

LOL Ashtanga with your smilies.

Arklove, that's kind of what I think but I also think that if I could allow myself to lose it and just scream and cry and be hysterical, it might feel kinda nice. Freeing in a way. To be unaware of all around you and just be lost from yourself. (like I said, I think too much..lol) Though I just couldn't let myself do that. Too reserved in a situation like that. (ANYWAYS... sorry. This isn't about me. I'll stop).

When was this taken? Looks like sometime around the 80s? I thought that young girl who hugged him was Paris at first just holding her daddy. It kind of looks like her.

LOL Ashtanga with your smilies.

Arklove, that's kind of what I think but I also think that if I could allow myself to lose it and just scream and cry and be hysterical, it might feel kinda nice. Freeing in a way. To be unaware of all around you and just be lost from yourself. (like I said, I think too much..lol) Though I just couldn't let myself do that. Too reserved in a situation like that. (ANYWAYS... sorry. This isn't about me. I'll stop).

Well, I think the screaming and crying hysterically should be reserved for massive crowds and what not...Like at concerts and stuff like that...But when it's a small bunch of people crying and screaming in his face like that, then it's a bit disturbing :fear:

Especially for us reserved polite Canadians eh? ;) lol. I just noticed you are Canadian too. (me too, from Alberta)

Especially for us reserved polite Canadians eh? ;) lol. I just noticed you are Canadian too. (me too, from Alberta)

hahaha...yeah, sometimes we're a little too reserved at times...Sometimes the crowds just aren't quite excited enough LOL....I'm from Ontario, but living in Alberta ;)

:-0 Really?? Well that is cool. Maybe someday we can get together and scream about MJ :) I don't know any fans close by. Anyways.. I'll message you.

where was this video taken? it sounds like aussie accents to me...

I completely understand where you're coming from...I can understand the fans' excitement, and I know Michael loved his fans no matter what...But, I believe out of respect I would have silently cried a little bit and probably would shake a bit if I had ever met Michael, but I would have talked to him, you know? Not scream and cry hysterically... I would have preferred to see Michael not so bombarded all the time...I think some fans needed to regain a little bit of composure...I think deep down, being human, Michael would have appreciated that a little more too....That's just my opinion :)
ti

I agree with every word you said. No wonder poor Michael was afraid for his life at times...fans can get carried away. Thank you OP for sharing this...:)

I understand the excitement and frenzy,the electric feeling when Michael Jackson enters-its good when at a concert or public event, so powerful that Michael does feel the love of the room for him. I've experienced that, I've also experienced the excitement of hearing that Michael was landing at such and such a airport and staying in such and such a hotel and then getting a phonecall from a fan at the bottom of his hotel and having a normal conversation with them 1 minute then just hearing screaming and chanting the next and its obvious he was at the window..through the phone you start to feel the frenzy. I try not to judge fans for seeing an opportunity but its when it becomes not so much about being graced with his presence and more about 'getting something' from him that I have a problem. I don't really know how I would react in the situation where he was stood only a few feet away from me, I hope that good manners and respecting his space would give me privilege over others who are pushing forward and going manic. Sometimes when I view footage like this I really wish fans would have stopped making it so that Michael might have felt like a caged lion.

Sometimes when I view footage like this I really wish fans would have stopped making it so that Michael might have felt like a caged lion.

Yes, and Michael actually said he felt that way, according to Katherine:

'Michael's quiet now. When he was younger, he wasn't that quiet. But I don't know, I think the stage might have done that to him because wherever he goes, everybody's coming out to see Michael Jackson, you know, wanting to look at him, see what he looks like, and he said he feels like an animal in a cage'...

So, as much as he loved his fans, and he knew their hysteria was out of love, he felt this way...:( Michael knew it came with the territory, but I just wish fans would have been a little bit more considerate of his feelings in this respect...Maybe a little bit more attention to this detail would have helped him feel a little more like a normal human being :(

this videos remembers me to these times on tours. i allways hated these weird hysteric girls and when they jumped on him. i also would be afraid of that, like michael was.

Reminds me of the many London trips from 2000-09. The excitement and hysteria was all good fun and I truly believe MJ enjoyed it for the most part. Look at the Bashir footage from Berlin - he's having great fun playing with the crowd and enjoying the adulation (who wouldn't?).

Michael knew how to stay out of the limelight and often did so for many months on end. If there were fans camping outside hotels and following him about it was usually because he tipped people off as to his whereabouts.

Last edited:
Back