A better MJ tattoo

GameGirlAdvance

Proud Member
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c372/animegoddess01/MyTattoo.jpg

I think this tattoo design is way better than my last choice.

See the 3 music notes? They actually represent Michael's children. The big purple one is Prince. The medium size black one is Paris. and the small blue one is Blanket.

It also includes my favorite MJ quote. and notice I didn't put 1958-2009.

What do you guys think? (This tat is for my back)

I really love it, I love the design image of Michael and the quote!! :) I got my first tattoo on my birthday July 6th just of the MJ logo, and I will be getting a peter pan one on my back later on :)

It hurts at first like it stings alot but after a couple minutes you get used to the pain. They put numbing gel on it as well.. for me it didnt hurt that bad because I gradually got used to it but it was on my ankle. Not sure how it feels for the back. I was also just closing my eyes imagining Michael was with me holding my hand and knowing I would have a part of him on me forever made me feel alot better.

I heard the ankles are one of the most painful areas..Someone once said getting one on the back isn't as bad because the skin is thicker there. Would still bloody hurt though.

But I won't worry. Theres a fantastic tattoo parlor not far from where I live. The guys are friendly and like to start conversations. (probebly to keep customers minds off the pain lol.)

But once I gather enough money, I'm definetly going for it! I'll drag my best friend with me. LOL

It'll be worth it. This goes to show how far our love for Michael goes. We're willing to put ourselves through pain just to honour his legacy.

It helps to have a nice artist that will guide you through it.. Im glad I went to where I went, my tattoo artist name was Eddie and he was so friendly and he talked alot so that helped to not focus on the pain so much. He even gave me a discount because it was my birthday..

I want to see how it looks if you go through with it!! :)

I loooove the drawing with the quote underneath...and the little divider things on the top and bottom of the quote. I think all that would make a classy tattoo. The RIP text and music notes I don't really like...they make the tattoo feel too scattered and off balance to me.

I think it's beautiful. I have a MJ tattoo on my ankle/foot and it's really bearable pain. Yes, it hurts but it's not too bad. Just think of Michael and know that you're doing it for him and you will be fine. I also listened to Michael music while I was getting it done and that really helped. Blame It On The Boogie was really good :D lol. Love the design and can't wait to see it if you do it! xx

I LOVE the design! Maybe the only thing that is not so nice is the "R.I.P".. I'm not sure, I prefer just "1958 - Forever" :)

I loooove the drawing with the quote underneath...and the little divider things on the top and bottom of the quote. I think all that would make a classy tattoo. The RIP text and music notes I don't really like...they make the tattoo feel too scattered and off balance to me.

I agree. Other than that it is really beautiful. I want a tatoo but it really has to be creative and original.

Yes i love this! I love the idea of everyone getting a MJ tattoo i got mines i won't lie it did hurt a bit and it was swore after wards but totally worth it! I want another one!

its beautiful. not going to lie to you, yes it will hurt but its a very bearable pain, i'm covered in them (very addictive) lol. its hurts more when its close to a bone.
my MJ ones have helped me cope in a way, sounds daft but i talk to my arm. on his birthday my daughter kissed him on my arm and said "happy birthday Michael. it was so cute, made me cry AGAIN.

Last edited:
For me what hurt the most was the feeling of deep scratching. I couldn't take that long before I started wincing. My tattoo almost reaches my ankle but it's only the edging that hurt the most...

You'll be fine ;) Great decision just wish work didn't block photobucket :(

Yeah my MJ tattoo did hurt but it was totally worth it afterward it was swore and a little blood but it's so worth it i love having a MJ tattoo on my arm!

It hurts at first like it stings alot but after a couple minutes you get used to the pain. They put numbing gel on it as well.. for me it didnt hurt that bad because I gradually got used to it but it was on my ankle. Not sure how it feels for the back. I was also just closing my eyes imagining Michael was with me holding my hand and knowing I would have a part of him on me forever made me feel alot better.

They make numbing gel? I have 5 and I have never had it, it would have been WONDERFUL for my back and for my feet!!! OP, it depends on the placement on the back, for me, mine is centered so right where my spine is it hurt SO bad, thank God I had my best friend there letting me hold his hand..I nearly broke it though haha. And OMG..my foot, hurt the worse I cried. It's all bone so it just hurt. Inside the arm is supposed to hurt, but I like mine discreet. I love the sketch! Good luck, and have a friend there or support lol.

Take a picture of your back once you get it done. It looks phenomenal. I have always wanted a tattoo but didnt know of who or what. It will be something small near my heart. Most likely be the MJ logo. Or i was thinking the breast cancer ribbon and his name engraved inside the ribbon.

Back