95 VMAs performance question...

CrazyVegasMJ

Proud Member
I've only seen MJs 1995 VMAs performance on the HIStory Vol II DVD but I heard a while back that it had been edited somewhat to add crowd noise and different camera angles...

My question is: is that true?

And if so, is there anywhere that I can see the actual live feed of the performance as it aired on TV for the first time?

I'd love to see whatever slight or major differences there really are...

Thanks so much in advance!

Last edited:
it is true. i've had original broadcast version and it was not so crowded and sometimes there was different angles, but not so many. Would be great if someone will share that vob again.

I've still got it on VHS somewhere. I'd share it but seeing as it's released it wouldn't be allowed?

^^^ Daaaaamn, you've been around since 2005 ? Anyway, I hope you'll be able to post this version. :)

Yes sir! Always by MJs side ;) I'll see if I transferred it to DVD because I did a LOT of my old VHS tapes and I'm pretty sure the VMA performance was one of them. It'll take a few days but I'll definitely try and upload it, get in touch with mods etc see if it's all ok to do. :)

Yes sir! Always by MJs side ;) I'll see if I transferred it to DVD because I did a LOT of my old VHS tapes and I'm pretty sure the VMA performance was one of them. It'll take a few days but I'll definitely try and upload it, get in touch with mods etc see if it's all ok to do. :)

Yes I would appreciate it so very much! In fact I believe a lot of people would appreciate it since that version I would consider very rare, at least online..

Yes I would appreciate it so very much! In fact I believe a lot of people would appreciate it since that version I would consider very rare, at least online..

The tape was watched plenty of times so the quality won't be full HQ, but I'll definitely do it either way. :)

^^^^ Reminds me of my VHS days when I was little. That "tchok tchok tchok tchok" noise my VCR would make when I'd play MJ videos in slow motion to study his moves. Oh and that scary noise the tape would make to warn you "if you rewind one more time, I'll stay in the VCR forever" lol. :)

The tape was watched plenty of times so the quality won't be full HQ, but I'll definitely do it either way. :)

Dude I'm so stoked bro! I know it's legit the same performance but back then I didn't have MTV until 97 so it'll be interesting to finally see the actual performance that aired as is...

And I'm sure no one will care about the quality.. I'm just excited to finally see it!

I completely forgot about it, I'm so sorry! Been so so busy lately but I promise to get things rolling with this. apologies!

I completely forgot about it, I'm so sorry! Been so so busy lately but I promise to get things rolling with this. apologies!

^^^ Do not apologize for being productive in real life. Take your time. :)

Yes absolutely no sorry needed.. Like I said before I'm very appreciative of you doing this for everyone no matter how long it takes really.. I only posted because I noticed the thread was going further and further down the topics haha and wanted to keep it alive..

But yes I still can't wait for the video.. Thanks again so much

I've only seen MJs 1995 VMAs performance on the HIStory Vol II DVD but I heard a while back that it had been edited somewhat to add crowd noise and different camera angles...

My question is: is that true?

And if so, is there anywhere that I can see the actual live feed of the performance as it aired on TV for the first time?

I'd love to see whatever slight or major differences there really are...

I have it on DVD as well as VHS. There are different angles and one of them shows Michael pointing to Lisa Marie when he was singing the last song and at the end after he points, you can see Lisa's face is NOT happy about whatever it is but that was cut from the one that is on the DVD at this time. Definitely different angles and different reactions from fans and those in the audience.

I found on my second PC broadcast version. It really has clearer audio, many different angles in medley, some in Billie Jean, Dangerous and You Are Not Alone.

I have it on DVD as well as VHS. There are different angles and one of them shows Michael pointing to Lisa Marie when he was singing the last song and at the end after he points, you can see Lisa's face is NOT happy about whatever it is but that was cut from the one that is on the DVD at this time. Definitely different angles and different reactions from fans and those in the audience.
it is NOT what we are talking about. sorry

My video is in worse quality from memory, after doing some checking I didn't copy it to DVD yet and don't know fully where the VHS is. sorry everyone :(

Daaaayum, I'd have to check my VHS too....Wasn't aware of this!

In Brad Sundberg's seminar with Brad Buxer in June, Buxer says MJ wanted it 'dry' meaning without the applause added in and Buxer says that was a mistake b/c it was 'too dry' so I am assuming that's why they added the applause.

Back