3D???

2300jacksonst

Proud Member
I am wondering if anyone can confirm is parts of the film in 3D? I read on an entertainment site somewhere that some parts are.

Earth Song and Thriller was supposed to have some kind of 3D effects from what I've heard.

Yeah, those parts were filmed in 3D, but from what I hear, they have been cut from the Theatrical Release, so maybe they'll just be on the DVD and BluRay releases? I'm still keeping hope to seeing them in the cinema thought, digital 3D on a movie screen would be the closest I could come to seeing MJ live :(

Last edited:
http://entertainment.ie/cinema/cinema-news-article.asp?NewsID=29770
11 September 2009
With Michael Jackson's body finally laid to rest in Los Angeles on Friday, it seems 'This Is It', the film which compiles footage of the late king of pop rehearsing for his final tour, is well under way.

'This Is It' is to be directed by High School Musical director Kenny Ortega, and is set for a limited release of two weeks, even appearing with parts in 3D in selected theatres. The film will draw on over one hundred hours of behind-the-scenes footage, featuring Jackson rehearsing a number of his songs for the show.

Ortega said of the project, 'As we began assembling the footage for the motion picture we realized we captured something extraordinary, unique and very special. It’s a very private, exclusive look into a creative genius’s world.'

A poster has already been released (below), and we here at entertainment.ie will have the Irish exclusive on the trailer from Monday morning, 14th September. Keep and eye on www. entertainment.ie/cinema/trailers.asp and be first to see it! found this.

Whenever a film is to be presented in 3D it is usually mentioned in the trailer/on the poster/ on the official web site. I have seen none of this though :(

I heard AEG would put the 3D parts in becuase they wanted everyone to see the movie. But they would have made more money but converting the performances to 3D but you know AEG is rushing to make a quick buck

i read somewhere that the 3D parts were scrapped... the whole movie will be in standard 2D... sucks i kno!

-Dal

i read somewhere that the 3D parts were scrapped... the whole movie will be in standard 2D... sucks i kno!

-Dal

yea thats what ive also heard shame really from the trailers you can see alot of "green screen" and the soldiers, rainforrest bits looks like they might of been 3D on the stage would of been sooo cool but lets hope they can add it on the dvd/blueray as a bonus feature maybe but will it work? would be need to use 3D glasses ive heard Sony will be brining out 3d tv's next year maybe same time as they release TII 3D blueray so you have to buy a blueray player & A 3D Tv = $$ for sony

I've also heard that the 3D sequences have been scrapped--if true they will still appear in the film but only in 2D. What a shame since the effects in the 3D portions sound very interesting. I suppose they might not want to go through the hassle of distributing glasses for each moviegoer just for 10 minutes of 3D footage but still... It'd be nice to have the option to pay a bit extra to see it in RealD with glasses or in regular 2D.

tii_09.gif

^ 3D sequence from the Smooth Criminal segment.

I've also heard that the 3D sequences have been scrapped--if true they will still appear in the film but only in 2D. What a shame since the effects in the 3D portions sound very interesting. I suppose they might not want to go through the hassle of distributing glasses for each moviegoer just for 10 minutes of 3D footage but still... It'd be nice to have the option to pay a bit extra to see it in RealD with glasses or in regular 2D.

tii_09.gif

^ 3D sequence from the Smooth Criminal segment.

Lets hold out for 3D elements in the home release....

id love them to to the whole 100 hours of rehersal footage on dvd,
even though it would be more than one dvd it would be nice.

Lets hold out for 3D elements in the home release....

3D elements won't work at home. At least not now. It won't be good it will be crappy. I don't want to watch Michael in red/blue I want to watch in digital 3d

http://entertainment.ie/cinema/cinema-news-article.asp?NewsID=29770
11 September 2009
With Michael Jackson's body finally laid to rest in Los Angeles on Friday, it seems 'This Is It', the film which compiles footage of the late king of pop rehearsing for his final tour, is well under way.

'This Is It' is to be directed by High School Musical director Kenny Ortega, and is set for a limited release of two weeks, even appearing with parts in 3D in selected theatres. The film will draw on over one hundred hours of behind-the-scenes footage, featuring Jackson rehearsing a number of his songs for the show.

Ortega said of the project, 'As we began assembling the footage for the motion picture we realized we captured something extraordinary, unique and very special. It’s a very private, exclusive look into a creative genius’s world.'

A poster has already been released (below), and we here at entertainment.ie will have the Irish exclusive on the trailer from Monday morning, 14th September. Keep and eye on www. entertainment.ie/cinema/trailers.asp and be first to see it! found this.

no news is good news

Back