300 million?????????????

stayeduptolate21

Proud Member
In its first weekend, This Is It is expected to take £188 million ($300 million)

Is that a record? are these people serious? this is crazy lol

It's possible for an opening weekend globally. By weekend they mean Tuesday-Sunday of course. I think it could happen. $100 million in the US, another $200 million globally. Those are on the high end of my expectations but it's not impossible.

Last edited:
Its unlikely to earn that in its first weekend but it isn't impossible though. The film has already grossed more than $65 million from just pre-sale tickets.

Its unlikely to earn that in its first weekend but it isn't impossible though. The film has already grossed more than $65 million from just pre-sale tickets.

and prob more now beacuse those number where from like 4 days ago. I say we are at 80 mill now but hey who knows lol.

and prob more now beacuse those number where from like 4 days ago. I say we are at 80 mill now but hey who knows lol.

Yep it has probably increased quite a bit since then particularly for America because of the Oprah special with Kenny Ortega.

I really hope a huge box office, it´s The King after all, he deserve more box office than Twilight, Transformers of Dark Knight thing, that´s what I´m expecting.
If movies like fanboys movies have more boxoffice than Michael Jackson, or Twilight-New Moon thing is bigger than the King of Pop... then I really don´t know the world I am living in these days
XD

It´s only two weeks.. let´s see how much The King of Pop will do...:better:

It might break records in the UK considering pre-sales in the UK are higher than LOTR and Harry Potter

it would be awsome if he broke the opening week record then it would get more publicity and more people would go see it

It depends what they mean by weekend. The pre-shows start Tuesday, the film officially comes out Wednesday. So if they mean Tuesday-Sunday then yes 300 million globally is possible. I think it will be lower, but the number isn't completely out to lunch.

it really annoys me on how all the promo posters are saying released the 28th.. and trailers etc.. when its released 27th. that messes with sales

it really annoys me on how all the promo posters are saying released the 28th.. and trailers etc.. when its released 27th. that messes with sales

It still will count as being released the 28th its just advance screenings that sony has a deal with for the 27th dont worry

I'm telling you guys this movie will be number one opening weekend,I'm guessing over a 100 million in the US alone,overseas number with double that or triple that

Success Is Guaranteed!!!

What about Michael winning an Oscar?

It could happen!!!!!

Back