3 Years Ago Today (The man who paved the way for MJ!!)

oh yes you mean James Brown yes my garndparerts listen to his music & even my parents listen to his music also rip Mr Godfather of soul james brown I'm supriesd that in the news nobody was not talking about him!

Who would have guessed then that Michael would be joining him in 2 and half years already? :no:
As bad as James Brown's passing was he at least reached a certain age and didn't leave young -now orphaned- children behind. Not to say the pain of his family and fans was any less.

Classic moment in history - Please notice James Brown's amazing laugh 2:03 into the clip;
"Prince! HAHA-HAAAH!" :lol:

[youtube]MtfNvYZNh_8[/youtube]

lol either prince was insanely pissed or he was insanely high... either way it was actually entertaining :lol:

Who would have guessed then that Michael would be joining him in 2 and half years already? :no:
As bad as James Brown's passing was he at least reached a certain age and didn't leave young -now orphaned- children behind. Not to say the pain of his family and fans was any less.
Actually James did have one young son with his last wife when he died. But all of his other children are adult. The older children were claiming that James wasn't legally married to the last wife and were fighting with her over James' estate.

Actually James did have one young son with his last wife when he died. But all of his other children are adult. The older children were claiming that James wasn't legally married to the last wife and were fighting with her over James' estate.
Really? I didn't know that, was he a father to the young son or did he father the child and abandon him? There is a difference between that. (Not saying James Brown abandoned his child, hope you get what I mean)
Michael was the only parent of those children, they are basically orphans now. Also Michael did not get to live as long as James did, God bless him nonetheless though.

Really? I didn't know that, was he a father to the young son or did he father the child and abandon him? There is a difference between that. (Not saying James Brown abandoned his child, hope you get what I mean)
Michael was the only parent of those children, they are basically orphans now. Also Michael did not get to live as long as James did, God bless him nonetheless though.
James was married to the boy's mother (who was a background singer in his band at the time of his death) and they lived with James. James didn't abandon him. James older children tried to kick his wife (I think her name was Toni Rae) and young son out of the house soon after James died. I haven't kept up with that so I don't know what is going on with that today. Mike's children aren't really orphans since they live with the Jackson family. Orphans are in care of the state and live in an orphanage, put into foster care, or in some cases live on the streets.

Legend :heart:

I was at my Grandparents today and they had a JB singing doll on Sky Sports News.

James was married to the boy's mother (who was a background singer in his band at the time of his death) and they lived with James. James didn't abandon him. James older children tried to kick his wife (I think her name was Toni Rae) and young son out of the house soon after James died. I haven't kept up with that so I don't know what is going on with that today. Mike's children aren't really orphans since they live with the Jackson family. Orphans are in care of the state and live in an orphanage, put into foster care, or in some cases live on the streets.
Fact remains James had many more years to live whereas Michael didn't. What do you call Blanket that boy has no mother and no father, of course that child has got a loving family but he is missing P A R E N T S.

Definition of Orphan

Brown died aged 73, Michael aged 50, Brown's child has his mother, Michael's don't. So please excuse me for feeling sorrier for Michael's children. All I'm saying is that Mr. Brown was fortunate enough to live almost a quarter decade longer than Michael. He was fortunate enough to see the most of his 9/10 children grow up and have children of their own, everything Michael Jackson did not get to experience. Have a nice day Duran Duran :)

Last edited:
i miss the godfather and he was always played and talked about in my household over the years. hard to believe it's been 3 years love his christmas album.

@Bruce: Love that clip..cracks me up everytime, for several reasons. :lol:

I still remember that Xmas day 3 years ago so well. Really sad to have seen him gone. Sex Machine's my alltime fave...got a home vid of myself when I was 5 or sth, rocking around the room on that song. My parents wondered how I got all that soul...LOL.

Gotta love JB! :heart:

Back