2nd June: MJJCommunity News

L.J

Proud Member
G'day everyone!!!! :woohoo:

Guess what? :wild: :wild:

I have remembered to do the news thread for this week's Monday!! :kickass2: (after forgetting the last two weeks :blush:)

So on with the show hey? :D

Michael Jackson News:

No news articles as yet. There's a few junky tabloid articles about MJ not appearing on AI etc.... nothing worthy of the main forum :flowers:

Michael Jackson Mentionings:

Jacksons Good Luck Message To Britain's Got Talent Finalists

THE Jacksons phoned double act Signature before the finals of ITV's Britain's Got Talent to wish them luck.
Suleman Mirza and Madhu Singh revealed on GMTV today that the phone call came out of the blue.
Suleman said: "I couldn't believe it. It happened about an hour or two before the show. I got a call from the security manager saying, 'Hi, I'm here with the Jackson family - Michael's mother and the two brothers are here - I think it 's Jackie and Tito - they're sitting down, they wish you all the best and they'll be voting for you.'
"And then I got a call back on Sunday saying that apparently Michael's aware of our act and he's a big fan and he'll be contacting us soon. I don't know if that's quite true, but we'll see what happens."
Signature were runners-up in the ITV talent contest and performed to Michael Jackson's Thriller.

Link

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Con man's ex-wife speaks out

THE wife of New Zealand's most successful con-artist has broken her silence over a marriage to the "most hideous man" who always led "a fairytale life".
Taranaki-born Derek Guise Turner, 58, was sentenced by a New York judge in 2006 to 20 years jail for fleecing investors of more than $90 million.
His most recent project included a plan to rebuild the World Trade Centre.
Turner's luxury life, achieved through simple scams and "the gift of the gab" which saw scores of people lose their life savings, is told in a TV3 doco-drama to screen later this week.
His former wife, who refused to be interviewed for The Million Dollar Con Man, told Sunday News life has never the since she fell for "the king of con from downunder" at age 17.
Janette Green described her childhood sweetheart as "mental", "a nutter" and "hideous".
"I told him he was mental five minutes after I married him," Green said.
While in New Zealand it was not major cons Turner earned his money from, Green said.
Once he moved overseas though his targets were more impressive.
Green said it was Turner's "charm" and "pushyness" which enabled him to earn the trust of big investors. He even managed a meeting with pop icon Michael Jackson.
Green, a former Womens' Weekly journalist, remarried two weeks ago to Turner's former accountant Clive Johnson.
She was now "fearful" the effect the TV show could have on her and Turner's three children.
All have changed their names by deed poll.
"My children don't deny he's their father but they won't speak or deal with him," Green said.
"We just want to forget we ever met him."
It is expected Turner will be deported to New Zealand when he finishes his sentence.

Link

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back in the charm zone

By André Paine, Evening Standard 02.06.08

Take That's triumphant return inspired this comeback from their Irish rivals, who split eight years ago and then veered into acrimony.
Boyzone always seemed amiable and a bit amateurish in their early days but this was a surprisingly successful Wembley spectacular. And the Irish charm and number ones drew in thousands to three London arena shows over the weekend.

Still, the dancers did bring some energetic glamour to the evening, especially when they joined the lads for a hugely enjoyable medley of Michael Jackson songs, complete with *****-style white gloves.

Link

http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/...ag=michael jackson&blog_id=41&IncludeBlogs=41
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Older, wiser Usher tries to do too much, but the man can still sing

By Richard Cromelin
Los Angeles Times
Article Launched: 06/02/2008 01:33:11 AM PDT

A take-charge guy, he does like to set the scene, as he indicates in "This Ain't Sex," which should more properly be called "This Ain't Just Sex," with its convergence of lust and love. For the purely carnal, you can't beat the single "Love in This Club," with its sweet, Akonian minor-chord feel, swirling, sensuous production by Polow Da Don and Usher's insistence on right here, right now.
When he sings "I don't care who's watching, watching, watching," his voice flutters and soars, and you realize that sometimes it's best to succumb to the pure pleasures of that feathery but forceful voice. It's as close as anyone's to Michael Jackson's, especially on catchy, old-school tracks such as "This Ain't Sex" that evoke "Off the Wall."
Even as the quality of the material fluctuates, you can count on Usher's singing to provide something memorable - sweetness and power on the anthemic ballad "Moving Mountains" or relaxed intimacy on the light, minimalist Motown homage "Something Special."

Link

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pop Levi Is Back

by Tim Cashmere - June 2 2008
Former Ladytron bassist Pop Levi is back with his second offering after surprising even himself with the success of his solo album 'The Return To Form Black Magick Party'.
'Never Never Love' was recorded in Quicy Jones' former studio Westlake, which is where he produced Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' amongst other legendary records.
The presser fodder claims 'Never Never Love' "promises to be one of the edgiest, most outrageous and most memorable avant-pop records you will hear this year."
While that might be a bit of an overstatement, the record will no doubt be loads of fun.
It'll be in stores on July 19 on Counter, through Inertia.

Link

Michael Jackson HIStory:

2004 - Los Angeles Lieutenant Art Miller said in a written statement that "on May 28, 2004, detectives from the Los Angeles Police Department's Juvenile Division officially concluded their two-month investigation into allegations of child abuse against Michael Jackson. After an extensive investigation, which included hours of interviews with the person making the allegations, detectives concluded there was no evidence that any crime occurred. No charges will be sought." The charges were unrelated to the charges in Santa Barbara, CA.

2005 - Closing arguments in the Michael Jackson child molestation trial took place.

MJJCommunity News:

Signatures:

Please check your signature.... if it's bigger than 450px wide by 250 px high you need to resize :flowers: Thanks
More about signature requirements here: http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51209

Reminder about posting news:

Please help us push the bar for MJJC's News team as well as MJJC's reputation we are always striving for accurate and rumour free Michael Jackson News in our main forum. So please before creating a thread with Michael Jackson related articles please read here: http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51386

MJJC Members Birthdays for the week (2nd - 8th May):

Happy Birthday to everyone who celebrates one this week!!! :birthday: :woohoo:

Monday, 2nd: Tonya (33), Christiano (32), Forever*Invincible*MJ (20), ThEkInGoFpOpzQuEeNoFpOp58 (18), MJzNeverLandChild58 (18)

Tuesday, 3rd: davidgemini, theimageofmj (37), TheRealwinnie (30), LiLShOrTaY (26), Victory2004 (23), Standards (21), mjj87 (21), MJJ love (18)

Wednesday, 4th: LadyJackson (32), Padmè_Naberrie (27)

Thursday, 5th: juliamalysheva (29), Sil Wuvs MJ (28), susan (27), CRAZY4SEXYMJ (24), MJJFAN4LIFE (18)

Friday, 6th: MichaelsGurl09 (20)

Saturday, 7th: thedancer780 (28), rockstar (25), nicki_boy777 (24), Boogahbo (23), Ola Ray (23), alakendra (21), levea_jackson (21), Natalie* (20), Alagos (19)

Sunday, 8th: starm (48), Dion (32), MIKE'STHEBEST (31), Athar (31), joanna (27), Woofy (23)

Please Enjoy your week everyone! :flowers:

LJ, it's june.. not may anymore ;)

I had not even noticed the wrong month in the title, but thanks to our sharp-eyed member for pointing that out, it's now been fixed :)

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/ben-brown-to-release-a,416154.shtml

Ben Brown to Release a Statement for the Records: 25 Years With Michael Jackson, James Brown, and Others, Next Month
Posted : Mon, 02 Jun 2008 16:08:21 GMT
Author : Ben Brown

LAS VEGAS, June 2 CA-Ben-Brown-DVD

LAS VEGAS, June 2 /PRNewswire/ -- Ben Brown announced today that he plans
to release a deluxe DVD package including a forty page booklet concerning his
25 years of involvement with Michael Jackson, the Jacksons, the "Godfather of
Soul" James Brown, and others. The package will be made available to the
public next month 2008 and accessible around the world online. Ben's statement
includes significant music history of the entertainment careers of the iconic
individuals involved. This statement stands as a direct answer to questions
posed by music lovers all over the world interested in Michael Jackson and
James Brown.

Some of the DVD titles include: The Godfather of Soul Speaks in His Own
Words; informal discussions between James Brown and Ben Brown, How to be
Successful after You Get the Deal (inspired by personal observations made by
Ben Brown concerning talented artist sustaining their careers after they got
off the ground), and How to Get Rich and Stay Rich.

Along with the DVDs the package includes details around Ben Brown's career
in the music entertainment business. Among which Ben Brown reveals his
personal involvement as the man that discovered Michael Jackson, spearheaded
the James Brown comeback, and more. As a recognized Michael Jackson biography
Ben Brown's statement release has been anticipated for sometime by Michael
Jackson enthusiasts and James Brown fans. As Ben Brown's statement hits the
public not just Michael and James Brown fans wait in anticipation by music
fans all over the world have something to look forward to as Ben Brown sheds
some light on the careers of some of the biggest icons in the business.

Thanks for the news.

I never heard of Ben Brown. That looks very interesting.

Thanks for the news.

I never heard of Ben Brown. That looks very interesting.

I thought he was the founder of either Ebony or Jet but I think that man is dead.

Edit: Oh wait.. I guess that was Ben Johnson.

Last edited:
"Officially" I cannot post this here because it is not an official source.

*baits mods*

"Move it if you see fit." lol

I believe it sheds a little light on who Ben Brown is.

http://www.mjremix.com/Home/tabid/36/ctl/ArticleView/mid/434/articleId/8/Ben-Brown-Discovered-Michael-Jackson.aspx
Ben Brown Discovered Michael Jackson

Ben Brown, Known World Wide as the Man who Discovered Michael Jackson, Plans to Share Details of Experiences, for the First Time in What He Calls 'A Statement for the Records'

Thursday November 8, 9:01 am ET

NEW YORK, Nov. 8 /PRNewswire/ -- Ben Brown, who as the president of a small record company in Indiana helped to introduce Michael Jackson and The Jackson Five to the music industry with the release of their very first record in the late 60's and who spear-headed the famous come-back effort of the late "God Father of Soul," James Brown in the mid 80's, said today, "My plans are to make a statement for the records, in the form of a book, film, DVD, CD & reality special early next year."

The timing of today's statement and scheduling for the new projects were influenced by comments by Ben Brown's youngest son, Dwayne. "After some 25 years working with super talented artists such as Michael Jackson, The Jacksons, James Brown, 50's legend Pookie Hudson and the Spaniels and others, I feel it's time to speak out," Brown went on to say.

"The timing of today's announcement and the moving of these plans into high gear, was triggered by a statement by my youngest son, Dwayne. When Dwayne heard a portion of an exclusive taped discussion between James Brown and myself (Ben Brown) he said, 'I know that you worked with James Brown but I had no idea that you were involved.' Then, at that point I said perhaps it's time to make a statement for the records."

Ben Brown's career reads somewhat like a film script, a spokesperson said. He toured as a professional drummer while in elementary school, helped to introduce one of the world's most talented and most successful artists, as a teenager, spear-headed the come-back effort of a living legend (James Brown) in the mid 80's and rejoined the world famous Jackson family as president of Jackson's Record Productions in the mid 90's.

Ben's career was "cool" up to that point, the spokesperson went on to say. However, events spiraled out of control in 2004 and Ben went into a form of seclusion, to take time to address family issues.

It was while in seclusion that Ben Brown completed work on a story for a screenplay, a book and a song, written with James Brown in mind (they are looking for an artist who can perform that song). All of the above mentioned projects will be on fast track toward the marketplace soon, the spokesperson said.

Lol... at Ben Brown discovered michael jackson, obviously Joseph did.

I've never heard of someone named Ben Brown. If you want to get technical, Michael's mother discovered him, lol.

And why do they keep comparing Usher's voice to Michael's? It's not even one quater as good.

Last edited:
I've never heard of someone named Ben Brown. If you want to get technical, Michael's mother discovered him, lol.

And why do they keep comparing Usher's voice to Michael's? It's not even one quater as good.
yeah but there both former king of pop

Usher's voice is fantastic, but Michael's is heavenly. And anything from Heaven is better :D

Usher's voice is okay. But it's not world class. They kept comparing Justin's voice to Michael's too when Justified came out. They need to stop with this crap.

Usher's voice is okay. But it's not world class. They kept comparing Justin's voice to Michael's too when Justified came out. They need to stop with this crap.
Usher is waaaaaay better then Justin, simply because I listened to one of Justins song the other day and my ears tsrated to bleed, he was trying to sing the same way Mj did in dont stop til u get enough.... horrible

Well you were listening to Justin's falsetto, which is possibly the worst falsetto ever in the history of man, so that would explain the ear bleeding. Usher is better then Justin, but his voice isn't in the top tier of vocalists in the world, not even close. He doesn't even register. When they compare Usher's voice to Michael's, it shows that they really don't know how good Michael is. Michael is arguably the best male vocalist in the world.

Last edited:
Green said it was Turner's "charm" and "pushyness" which enabled him to earn the trust of big investors.
He even managed a meeting with pop icon Michael Jackson.
Wonder what that meeting was about.
She got herself a real winner. The scammer.

It'll be interesting to see what this Ben Brown has come up with. :scratch:

Usher is no Michael Jackson but he has some really good songs on his latest album.
It seems he has played around with his vocal style a little like on the song MOVING MOUNTAINS
and LOVE YOU GENTLY and also on the title track HERE I STAND.
Like the article said,
the man can still sing

Thanks L.J and E.Child. :)

"Officially" I cannot post this here because it is not an official source.

*baits mods*

"Move it if you see fit." lol

I believe it sheds a little light on who Ben Brown is.

:eviltongue: follow ups to news and mentionings is ok and I think you knew it :p :tease:

Thanks LJ.

*whispers* - but it's the month of June

:ph34r: I knew that .... :blush: I was so excited about remembering to do the news that I forgot to check everything :rofl: Thanks for that :)

Ushers Album just got up-staged by Sex in the City soundtrack on Itunes..and our local hip/hop radio DJ called his album Whack...

oh, also just saw this video on Extra

videooftheday.jpg

&ampampnbsp
&ampampnbsp
&ampampnbsp
&ampampnbsp
&ampampnbsp
&ampampnbsp
&ampampnbsp
&ampampnbsp
&ampampnbsp
&ampampnbsp
&ampampnbsp
&ampampnbsp
&ampampnbsp
&ampampnbsp
&ampampnbsp
&ampampnbsp
&ampampnbsp
&ampampnbsp
&ampampnbsp
&ampampnbsp
&ampampnbsp
&ampampnbsp
&ampampnbsp
&ampampnbsp
Jackson 5 Reunion?
http://extratv.warnerbros.com/2008/05/star_gazing.php

Last edited:
Where was that meeting? and if I hear the Jackson's (all) are recording, getting together to do something one more time, I'm just gonna scream!

I don't know if this has been posted anywhere, but I found this while looking around amazon for books on Michael. It looks pretty cool.

http://www.amazon.com/Thriller-25th...r_1_14?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1212468377&sr=1-14

Thriller 25th Anniversary: The Book, Celebrating the Biggest Selling Album of All Time (Paperback)

by Michael Jackson (Author)

.wl-pop-title { font-family: verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 10px; font-weight: normal; text-decoration: none; color: #4480DD } .popHL { font-family: verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 10px; font-weight: normal; text-decoration: none; color: #FFFFFF; } .tinyGrey { font-family: verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: xx-small; color:#808080; } .popover-tiny { font-family: verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: xx-small; } .pop-tiny { font-family: verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 10px; color:#333333; padding-bottom:7px; padding-top:3px; background-image:url(http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/imag...ies/wishlist/v2/grad-blue-3._V46776277_.gif); } .pop-tiny-2 { font-family: verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 10px;color:#333333; padding-bottom:7px; padding-top:3px; background-image:url(http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/01/gifts/registries/wishlist/v2/grad-red-3._V46774667_.gif); } .pop-tiny-3 { font-family: verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 10px; color:#333333; padding-bottom:7px; padding-top:3px; padding-left:5px; } .pop-tiny-4 { font-family: verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; } .pop-tiny-5 { font-family: verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: x-small; } .wl-popover-title { background-color: #EFEDD4; } document.getElementById('wishlist_btn_div_non_js').style.display = 'none';document.getElementById('wishlist_btn_div_js').style.display = 'block';n2RunIfLoaded('multipanepopover',function() { reglistPop = new N2MultiPanePopover(); //The next line should not be moved below the initialize line else we start seeing the old style close button reglistPop.setButtonImages('close', 15, 15, 'close-box-up', 'close-box-down'); reglistPop.initialize('reglist', // the name of the popup element 'reglistPop'); // the name of the object that is initialized reglistPop.setDUHandler('/gp/registry/nav2/du/rphandler', 'sd'); reglistPop.setTitle("Add Thriller 25th Anniver... to:"); reglistPop.setStaticTitlebarStyle('wl-popover-title'); var reglistPopPane = reglistPop.getPane(0); reglistPopPane.enableDynamicUpdate(true); reglistPopPane.setDUAction('rphandler'); goN2Events.registerFeature('reglist', 'reglistPop', null,null,'n2HotspotClickStatic');},'init everything else' ); function setRegistryId() { var regId; var scolid = window.parent.document.getElementsByName('sourceCustomerOrgListID'); var colid = window.parent.document.getElementsByName('colid'); var radioObj = document.forms['regpop'].elements['id']; var radioLength = radioObj.length; if(radioLength == undefined) { if(radioObj.checked) regId = radioObj.value; } else { for (var i = 0; i < radioLength; i++) { if(radioObj.checked) { regId = radioObj.value; break; } } } var regType = document.getElementById('regType').value; var regStr = 'pop_'+ regId; if(regId == 'new') { regStr = regStr + '_' + regType; } for (var i = 0; i < scolid.length; i++) { scolid.value = regStr; } for (var i = 0; i < colid.length; i++) { colid.value = regStr; } var handleBuy = window.parent.document.getElementsByName('submit.add-to-registry.wishlist'); if(handleBuy.length == 0) { handleBuy = window.parent.document.getElementsByName('submit.add-to-wishlist'); } if(handleBuy.length) { handleBuy = handleBuy[0]; handleBuy.click(); } return false;}function clearText(thefield){ if (thefield.value==thefield.defaultValue) thefield.value = "";}
var registeredImages = new Object(); var numberToPreload = 6; var preloadCount = 0; function registerImage( id, image, html, caption ) { registeredImages[id] = new Object(); registeredImages[id].image = image; registeredImages[id].html = html; registeredImages[id].caption = caption; if ( preloadCount < numberToPreload ) { var imagePreloader = new Image(); imagePreloader.src = image; preloadCount++; } } var allPreloaded = 0; var selectedImageID = "original_image"; function displayImage( id ) { if ( id == selectedImageID ) return; if (registeredImages[selectedImageID].ciuAnnoContainer) { registeredImages[selectedImageID].ciuAnnoContainer.hide(); } selectedImageID = id; document.getElementById('prodImageCell').innerHTML = registeredImages[id].html; document.getElementById('prodImageCaption').innerHTML = registeredImages[id].caption; for ( elementID in registeredImages ) { var imageThumbnail = document.getElementById(elementID); if (imageThumbnail != null) { imageThumbnail.style.border = '1px solid #999999'; } if ( !allPreloaded ) { var imagePreloader = new Image(); imagePreloader.src = registeredImages[elementID].image; } } document.getElementById(id).style.border = '1px solid #990000'; allPreloaded = 1; if (registeredImages[id].ciuAnnoContainer) { registeredImages[id].ciuAnnoContainer.show(); } } registerImage("original_image", "http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51ccrgbfntL._SL500_AA240_.jpg", "", "
See larger image");http://www.amazon.com/Thriller-25th...r_1_14?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1212468377&sr=1-14

Editorial Reviews
Book Description
MICHAEL JACKSON THRILLER 25TH ANNIVERSARY!
The party ain't over yet! Michael Jackson celebrates the 25th anniversary of Thriller, the world's largest selling album of all time, and the biggest milestone in pop music ever. THRILLER - the music, the videos, the looks and the dance moves that changed music forever.
February 12th, 2008 saw the release of Michael Jackson's Thriller album in a special 25th anniversary edition featuring all classic Thriller hits digitally remastered, a bonus DVD with Jackson's electrifying appearances and dance moves from the Thriller era PLUS brand-new tracks and remixes of Thriller's biggest hits with guest stars such as Akon, Fergie, Kanye West, and will.i.am.
Now, the party continues: THRILLER 25th Anniversary - The Book celebrates the iconic King of Pop and the world's biggest selling album of all time. More than 180 exclusive, high quality, digitally remastered and glossy photographs make this book a visual journey back to the iconic times of Thriller: Behind the scenes in the studio recording THRILLER, making the revolutionary short films, being on a victorious tour, Grammy's most glorious night, and much more.
FEAT. EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEWS: Quincy Jones (Executive Producer, Thriller); Rod Temperton (Songwriter, Thriller); John Landis (Director, Thriller - The Short Film); Tamara Conniff (Editiorial Director, BILLBOARD); Matt Forger (Sound Engineer, Thriller); Bruce Swedien (Sound Engineer, Thriller); Bob Giraldi (Director, Beat It); and many more.
ALSO: The stories behind the Thriller songs, unreleased songs from the Thriller recording sessions, hand-written lyrics by Michael Jackson, hand-written notes from the studio sessions, poems by Michael Jackson, and much more.

About the Author
Named the "Most Successful Entertainer of All Time" by the Guinness Book of World Records, Michael Jackson is among the most highly acclaimed and influential artists in pop culture. He was named the World Music Award's Best-Selling Pop Male Artist of the Millennium and received the American Music Award's Artist of the Century Award. Jackson, known as the King of Pop, has been inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame twice: in 1997 as a member of the Jackson 5 and as a solo artist in 2001.

Product Details

• Paperback: 136 pages
  • Publisher: ML Publishing Group Ltd; Collectors Ed edition (June 23, 2008)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0976889196
  • ISBN-13: 978-0976889199

Back