24 Years Ago Michael Jackson Makes Hot 100 History ! Achieved a Billboard Chart First ! July 2,1988

MJ TinkerBell

Proud Member
Where Michael IS..Is where you will find Me <3
Country
Canada
[youtube]yUi_S6YWjZw[/youtube]

July 2, 1988: Michael Jackson Makes Hot 100 History
by Keith Caulfield & Gary Trust | July 02, 2012 3:45 EDT​

On this date 24 years ago, the King of Pop achieved a chart first.

Twenty-four years ago today, on July 2, 1988, Michael Jackson made history on the Billboard Hot 100. On this date, the late King of Pop claimed his fifth No. 1 on the list from his album "Bad" with "Dirty Diana." At the time, the achievement made him the only act to notch five No. 1s on the Hot 100 from one album. (The Hot 100 launched the week of Aug. 4, 1958.)

Michael Jackson scored his quintet of "Bad" No. 1's on the Hot 100 in 1987-88: "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" (with Siedah Garrett); the title track; "The Way You Make Me Feel"; "Man in the Mirror"; and, "Dirty Diana." The set will be re-issued in celebration of its 25th anniversary next month.

Since then Michael Jackson has not been over-thrown from his reign as King of The Charts by any other Artist for this coveted position on the Billboard charts in decades. There have been contenders that have tried, but have only succeeded in reaching a tie with the King of Pop for this accomplishment on Billboard's Top 100 charts.

To read the complete story
The Source:
http://www.billboard.com/column/cha...ichael-jackson-makes-hot-100-1007481552.story

Last edited:
...There have been contenders that have tried, but have only succeeded in reaching a tie with the King of Pop for this accomplishment on Billboard's Top 100 charts.

Yeah but only succeeded because the single of E.T included Kanye West - a version which WASN'T on the original album. It was added as part of the re-release AFTER it became no.1 on the singles chart. IMO that does not count as a tie.

:clapping: No one NOT even Katy Perry can even compare to Michael Jackson EVER :agree:

Yeah but only succeeded because the single of E.T included Kanye West - a version which WASN'T on the original album. It was added as part of the re-release AFTER it became no.1 on the singles chart. IMO that does not count as a tie.

Agreed. No one can ever compare or come close to him no matter what. The "music" of today isn't even music and won't be around for decades and centuries like Michael's will be. His music is forever. So is his influence and groundbreaking records!

Ahhh July 1988 was a good time for Mike! ..then 4 days later I was born, way better JK :wild:
Thanks so much for the info, I agree no one can compare to Michael, ever! :wub:

[youtube]yUi_S6YWjZw[/youtube]

July 2, 1988: Michael Jackson Makes Hot 100 History
by Keith Caulfield & Gary Trust | July 02, 2012 3:45 EDT​

On this date 24 years ago, the King of Pop achieved a chart first.

Twenty-four years ago today, on July 2, 1988, Michael Jackson made history on the Billboard Hot 100. On this date, the late King of Pop claimed his fifth No. 1 on the list from his album "Bad" with "Dirty Diana." At the time, the achievement made him the only act to notch five No. 1s on the Hot 100 from one album. (The Hot 100 launched the week of Aug. 4, 1958.)

Michael Jackson scored his quintet of "Bad" No. 1's on the Hot 100 in 1987-88: "I Just Can't Stop Loving You" (with Siedah Garrett); the title track; "The Way You Make Me Feel"; "Man in the Mirror"; and, "Dirty Diana." The set will be re-issued in celebration of its 25th anniversary next month.

Since then Michael Jackson has not been over-thrown from his reign as King of The Charts by any other Artist for this coveted position on the Billboard charts in decades. There have been contenders that have tried, but have only succeeded in reaching a tie with the King of Pop for this accomplishment on Billboard's Top 100 charts.

To read the complete story
The Source:
http://www.billboard.com/column/cha...ichael-jackson-makes-hot-100-1007481552.story

false. not true.

and that was only one of this "CHEATS" they made. there are much more manipulation on this.

this whole thing "perry have 5 number ones from one album" is a FAKE. thats what i want to say. and is a fact.

:sad: So sad poor Katy her movie didn't even compare to Michael's on any level or standard :bow:
In fact she lost money she herself invested in to it :sad: Wonder if she still feels she is in Michael's league :no: Sorry Katy all the manipulations and media buttering won't get you in Michael's class, it takes 50 years of hard work, blood and sweat and millions of tears . No shortcuts, no gimicks no tricks you still have 46 more years to go Katy, better keep those CONE bras preserved :swoon:

Back