22 different sets help!!!!!!!!!!

lmojackson

Proud Member
According to Randy Philips, £13 million will be spent on producing the concerts, which will include 22 different sets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN!?????????????????????????????????????? HELP

22 customs changes!!!!!!!!!!!!!
22 differnet stages help me plz!!!!!!!!

ummmm, 22 different sets means that the staging will change 22 times. A set is how the stage is set up.
When you say custom changes, I assume you mean costume changes?

ummmm, 22 different sets means that the staging will change 22 times. A set is how the stage is set up.
When you say custom changes, I assume you mean costume changes?

22 TIMES OMG!!!!!!!!
IM ABOUT TO HAVE HEARTATTACK AND YES I MEANT TO SAY COSTUME CHANGES sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!im so exicted

22 Sets means stage settings (i.e. scene changes).

So, I was right that his stage would be very modular.

Hmmm.............

22 sets is quite a feat. costume changes alone are quite cumbersome, but set changes, wow!

I think that would be just 22 sets not costumes changing I mean one costume in each song... I would freak out with costume changes like that haushas

Could only be minor changes to the stage tho. AHHHH WE JUST DON'T KNOW!!! CAN'T WAIT TO FIND OUT!

omg i cant wait either!!!!!!!!!!
im so hype and not attended!!!!!!!!
but still happy for the 1.5 million that will witness the king!!!!!!!!!
god bless yall have a safe trip to london and have a great time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and tell us about your experience and take plenty pics and record videos

So, are we to expect approximately 22 songs?! Well, I guess there may be a few less, but if we say 18 songs, I guess that may be about right. That's incredible.

Didn't Phillips say that each show would contain 18-22 songs??

Does this mean that each set list will be different??

I don't think so, but it's a possibility that the set will change slightly during the course of 50 shows. After a few shows have been performed, they might need to tweak it slightly in several ways.

if he is about to change 22 times I think it's easier for him to just be naked.
lol!!!

22 times is a lot! even for the scenes to change..maybe they're gonna put them like the music videos?? maybe "in the closet" out in the desert.. earth song in a forest..
billie jean with lighting thing on the floor when he walks.THAT would becool!!
TWYMMF with a car.."street"
he could also do black or white on that set..with a car.. ooh with a dance sequence at the end!!! ON THE CAR, yea
remember the time, egypt theme..

there is so much he can do:D
I would LOVE music videos themes.

I would imagine it includes different dancers and/or their different costumes. 22 sets sounds to me VERY VERY exciting!!! :D :D :D And it's probably another record? :p x

hmm seems abit much, i think hes trying too hard he doesnt need to. well not that much, a little effort sure but its sounding like it will be too much gimmics.-_-

amy jackson oh my i love ur sig

stranger in moscow, pure hotness!!
:D

if he is about to change 22 times i think it's easier for him to just be naked.
Lol!!!

22 times is a lot! Even for the scenes to change..maybe they're gonna put them like the music videos?? Maybe "in the closet" out in the desert.. Earth song in a forest..
Billie jean with lighting thing on the floor when he walks.that would becool!!
Twymmf with a car.."street"
he could also do black or white on that set..with a car.. Ooh with a dance sequence at the end!!! On the car, yea
remember the time, egypt theme..

There is so much he can do:d
i would love music videos themes.
lol be naked!!!!!!!!!!and you have great ideas !!!!!!!!!

i would imagine it includes different dancers and/or their different costumes. 22 sets sounds to me very very exciting!!! :d :d :d and it's probably another record? :p x
yesssssssss another record god bless michael
hmm seems abit much, i think hes trying too hard he doesnt need to. Well not that much, a little effort sure but its sounding like it will be too much gimmics.-_-

stranger in moscow, pure hotness!!
:d

he loves his fans sooooooooo much

22 can't be right can it?

that sounds crazy.

im guessing the sets will match the songs...so Smooth criminal will have a smooth criminal feel, and remember the time will have an egyptian theme...I figure this will be a concert mixed with hi tech theatre set productions. Im excited! sounds like if this is the case it will be visually stunning :)

I thought "set' meant "song" but i could be wrong...?

Actually in some cases it does, or well, it's one set. It can refer to multiple things.Usually when referring to the songs they'll call it set list. In this case they're talking about sets as in movie set. A set int his case is a look, so several sets means several different looks. For instance, when Michael performed thriller live on his tours, he changed the set to look like the graveyard, or when he did Earth song, the stage resembled a shot up city. Those are different sets.

I hope that clears is up a bit :)

im guessing the sets will match the songs...so Smooth criminal will have a smooth criminal feel, and remember the time will have an egyptian theme...I figure this will be a concert mixed with hi tech theatre set productions. Im excited! sounds like if this is the case it will be visually stunning :)
yea thats what i hoping for!!!!!!!!!! wowow thats amazing

Actually in some cases it does, or well, it's one set. It can refer to multiple things.Usually when referring to the songs they'll call it set list. In this case they're talking about sets as in movie set. A set int his case is a look, so several sets means several different looks. For instance, when Michael performed thriller live on his tours, he changed the set to look like the graveyard, or when he did Earth song, the stage resembled a shot up city. Those are different sets.

I hope that clears is up a bit :)

good explanation!!!!!!!!!!!!! i really have a nice understanding of it now thanks

its actually songs

there wont be 22 sets ... come on think about it ?

he actually says songs, he will be singing between 18 and 22 songs :)

hmm seems abit much, i think hes trying too hard he doesnt need to. well not that much, a little effort sure but its sounding like it will be too much gimmics.-_-

stranger in moscow, pure hotness!!:D

I dont consider it gimics to want to put on a great production.
Michael is all about the theatrical aspects in his shows not just
singing _ He wants to create an extravaganza _ excellence in
Intertainment as in the following _ its all relevant and part of
Michaels ART and creativivty - he is more than just a singer
his other talents he uses along with singing are not gimics in
my opinion _ he wants "THE GREATEST SHOW ON EARTH"
something memorable to blow the audiences mind _
and I cant wait to see it :wild:

“Our show goals are to create more than a concert but a complete theatrical musical experience with a dynamic balance that features Jackson in both spectacular production and intimate settings. The stage set, choreography, costumes, lighting, effects and overall production will be of the highest standard and pushing the state of the art.” Kenny Ortega

"Michael and Kenny are creating an escapist adventure that will take the audience on an entertainment experience only imagined in dreams or big budget motion pictures. This is the perfect pairing on unique creative talents with the greatest repertoire in contemporary music." Randy Phillips

Last edited:
its actually songs

there wont be 22 sets ... come on think about it ?

he actually says songs, he will be singing between 18 and 22 songs :)
Yes he was quoted in saying 22 SETS on top of stating 18-22 songs

"This Is It," will break new ground in both artistry and sheer cost. The production budget is "north of $20 million," a price tag that will include as many as 22 different sets" said Randy Phillips, the company's chief executive.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Noone will now before July 8th.

Back