2024 VMAs - MJ seen in "VMA flashbacks"

whyyouwannatrip

Proud Member
Country
Australia
I was watching the 2024 MTV VMAs last night and I was glad to see that Michael was mentioned a few times.
There was this small segment called "VMA flashbacks" which consisted of small clips of particular artists at the VMAs over the years and I was so glad to see Michael's 1995 performance featured as well as his appearance with Lisa Marie in 1994.

I'm saying this because I was surprised that they would show him because usually they (the media) don't like to give him his flowers anymore due to that 2019 mockumentary "Leaving Neverland" which caused a MJ boycott in the media.
I am glad now that they are showing him more and more, hopefully more people are waking up and understanding now that he is INNOCENT.
I don't think they said "Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award" last night though. Hopefully next year they will, I have a feeling that the biopic will reveal the truth of MJ and people will wake up.

I wonder what's to come next year when the biopic will be released, time will tell and I hope it's POSITIVE representation of him.

That's good that Slovenia has recognised him. In my country, Australia has been awful about him in the past too (not as bad as countries such as the UK and the USA) but i've noticed more recognition about him in my country's media lately.

In regards to Agney Shaji, that could be true. I didn't think about that, that would be unfortunate if true. I hope that just a little bit of the matter is the media waking up and understanding the true Michael Jackson.

Back