2011 Summer Concerts! Who have you seen this summer?

IvoryKeys

Proud Member
I have yet to see some great acts. One of my favorite bands, Phish, comes to UIC in Chicago for 3 nights in August. Plan on trying to hit up 2 of those automatically amazing shows!

Also really wanted to see Sade in August, though her tickets are a little too expensive for me right now which sucks as I really wanted to see her live for the first time! Really hoping she tours again!

As for other concerts, here are some bands I know are touring I'd like to see but unfortunately can't...boo!
Janet Jackson
The Decemberists
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Rush
Metallica
James Taylor
Madonna
NKOTB & BSB
Jay-Z
Paul McCartney

As for Festivals, I hope all of you have taken use of your computers as SO MANY festivals do live streaming right now!
Thanks to iClips and UStream I've been saved for watching weekend festivals like Summer Camp and Mountain Jam with some FANTASTIC Jam/folk/Alt/Country/Fusion acts!

Some other great festivals:
Bonnaroo
Summerfest
Austin City Limits Music Festival
All Good Music Festival
...and too many more!

Storytime!!!

Thanks mjlovergurl003! I used to be such a huge BSB fan when I was younger! Kevin was my fav! (I heard he's not even in it anymore!!) I really want to see them, though my funds are severely low, lol!

Glad you got to go see them!

yeah kevin went bye bye a after 2005's never gone tour. i miss him :( but ive gotten used to him being gone but it still sucks. he has made surprise appearences with the guys on tours a couple times but no word if he will actually ever return to the group. Ive been a BSB fan since 97 and ive never really had a favorite bc they are so amazing! Brian is soo cute and funny, Aj is so sweet and sexy as hell, Howie is also very sweet and super cute, and Nick is just so dorky and adorable! hard to pick! hope u get the chance to see them sometime. you will have so much fun! good luck :)

I´ve seen BON JOVI in June.
(here you can see the first hour:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sSjQuxd2R0)

Next concerts this year will be:
TAKE THAT - Progress Live 2011

............. and:

George Michael - „Symphonica“ :wild:
Symphonica will see George Michael hit over 15 countries across Europe from August through December 2011. Some of the amazing venues already lined up include the O2 Arena in Berlin, Piazza Santa Croce in Florence, Palau San Jordi in Barcelona, London's legendary Royal Albert Hall, and many, many more! He will perform not only a carefully chosen selection of his songs, spanning all his remarkable, near 30-year career, but he will cover some of his favourite songs from other artists. The music will be re-worked and re-arranged for the orchestra which will accompany George at each location. This new classical setting will give each song added layers and new nuances. It's unmistakeably George Michael, but not as we've ever known him.
georgemichael16600x400.jpg

I saw Usher, N.E.R.D., Jamiroquai, Laith Al-Deen, Herbert Grönemeyer, Janet Jackson... next concert will be Take That at the end of the month. :)

Last Thursday, Prince!! That's the only concert I'm attending this summer. I wanted to see Foo Fighters too but I didn't really have anyone to go with (that wasn't the biggest problem though, I saw Prince alone too) and I had just bought the ticket to Prince so my money situation wasn't the best at that time.

I went to see Janet earlier this month in London, she was amazing! I want to see Adele but couldn't get tickets, probably couldn't get there with my schedule anyway, tried for George Michael too but was too slow.

Back