2 Years Later: Remembering Michael Jackson (Stars Remember MJ)

MsCassieMollie

Proud Member
http://www.bet.com/music/photos/2011/06/rememberingmikejackson062410.photo13.html#flipbook

Juvenile
"You know truthfully, it’s crazy. The last time he put his album out, he had the shelves on lock. He sold more records than anybody so I’m looking from a business standpoint. I hated to see him go but I think it would be real smart for the company to put another album out on his anniversary 'cause I don’t think nobody can outsell him still even with him being dead."

Asher Roth
"I think it affected the world. The most amazing thing about Michael and the power of music is he’s not gone. For us it’s like, 'what? He’s been gone for over a year?' It goes to show that he’s gonna live on so I’m just happy that I witnessed it. I was here. Being born in 85 and to witness some of Michael’s best work I was just happy to be a part of it."

Bun B
"Well I was in London when Michael Jackson passed away so it was a bigger deal in Europe than it was in America. People were really going crazy and I was performing with Dizzee Rascal at the Glassberry festival and Dizzee is pretty much the biggest Black artist in England so it was a big deal to see how he was going to honor Michael Jackson. He did it a good way and a real way but it was emotional. There will be no other Michael Jackson. For real."

Kid Capri
“To tell you the truth, man, for that man to be gone it don’t feel right, but at the same time it feels like he’s not gone because of the presence of his music. When I do a party and play Michael Jackson, it's like it just came out and the crowd goes crazy. He’s going to always be around. His music is always going be around. It's unfortunate that we lost a young king as soon as we did but he gave us so much to live with and he’s going to always live on. I hope I’m a part of his anniversary."

Birdman
"Mike is somebody who sold 750 million records and that’s one of our goals in life, try to accomplish what Mike did by himself as a unit and try to do more. Try to sell more records than Mike, make more money than Mike. Numbers don’t lie, so that’s one of our goals and that’s what we trying to do as a whole is put up those kind of numbers."

Uncle Luke
"Michael Jackson is the king of pop. That’s the king of entertainment, period. Not just pop, but entertainment. He was a trendsetter. I used to just follow his marketing schemes more than anything. Everybody loved the music, but I just loved the fact that how they marketed it when he would come out with an album. Before the album would come out it would be in McDonald's or Burger King. He had cross promotion when nobody had cross promotion so I enjoyed his marketing of his product."

Slim Thug
“It’s just crazy man. It’s like that’s one of the people you would think would never die. For that to happen, that just surprised me. I was shocked and you know it was just sad but you know we got to keep it going and represent for him."

Keri Hilson
“I don’t know, all I know is I’ve kind of become obsessed with collecting everything I didn’t have of Michael Jackson. He was so great. It’s reminding me of how impactful he was on my own career. No one has the focus and drive that he had. Do you understand the amount of hours he put in? A lot of it is natural, but the amount of hours since he was a kid that he put in just let me know that this industry is survival of the fittest and wow was he able to survive.”

Paul Wall
"Well you know it affected the industry. It was a tragedy so… there’s not anybody in music or entertainment that wasn’t influenced at all by him. It’s incredible to see how the record sales just went through the roof after he passed. It shows that there are still true music fans out there and it’s not just always about a gimmick. There are real die hard music fans out there. It’s good to see that he gets that support."

Gucci Mane
"Big fan of Michael Jackson. I grew up listening to him. He was one of the greatest entertainers that ever lived and I’m proud of myself being a good entertainer trying to be great so I’m watching him."

Trina
"It’s a very sad thing and I felt like we lost the greatest entertainer ever and you know it’s a devastating situation, but his legacy forever lives on and through music. I’m like a huge Michael Jackson fan, so just to constantly have that person and be a part of that time when he was here, it’s a beautiful thing."

Rick Ross
“Aww man you already know just to lose a legend such as Mike at such an early age, it most definitely makes you reflect just as a person. It makes you appreciate every day that you’re here. Every day you get to accomplish what we set out here to do, it means that much more to you. He was a young dude but he made the biggest impact in music history of all time. It’s a lesson to be learned and some great music that will live on forever.”

Mystikal
"When I found out what happened when he passed I was still incarcerated so that definitely added insult to injury. It was a rough moment so it really inspired my career as a rapper. He inspired everybody."

Last edited:
Re: 2 Years Later: Remembering Michael Jackson (Sweet Comments by some R&B/Hip-Hop Starrs)

Thanks for posting.

Esp. Mystikal, Keri Hilson, Slim Thug, their words move me.

BTW, look at what Birdman said...:smilerolleyes: Dream on, dreamer!
With the whole CashMoney thing, his ego grew too big, it seems.

Re: 2 Years Later: Remembering Michael Jackson (Sweet Comments by some R&B/Hip-Hop Starrs)

Thanks for posting Cassie, but it really saddens me when all people see of MJ are numbers. When you are asked to speak about his impact and all you can say is that how many records he sold influences you, it kind of seems like you missed the whole point of his life.

But, whatever.

Last edited:

Thanks for posting Cassue, but it really saddens me when all people see of MJ are numbers. When you are asked to speak about his impact and all you can say is that how many records he sold influences you, it kind of seems like you missed the whole point of his life.

But, whatever.

I thought the very same thing as I was reading those comments. There was so much more to Michael than numbers and I just wish that people would start to acknowledge that.

^^^ Great to see it was not just me.

Birdman
"Mike is somebody who sold 750 million records and that’s one of our goals in life, try to accomplish what Mike did by himself as a unit and try to do more. Try to sell more records than Mike, make more money than Mike. Numbers don’t lie, so that’s one of our goals and that’s what we trying to do as a whole is put up those kind of numbers."

i liked everyones comment but his. he just talking about how he want his artist to outdo MJ. that will never happen. his artist are not talented like MJ in any way, shape or form. Birdbrains needs to sit somewhere and shutup.

hmm i agree with ginvid, they talk about numbers to much. Also i dont know any of them..

Nice. The hiphop/r&B community has overall always been very respectful of Michael. They've always shown him so much love.

I miss him so much *sigh*

Thanks for this...
Man i'm gonna cry a lot today =/

ginvid;3419150 said:
Thanks for posting Cassie, but it really saddens me when all people see of MJ are numbers. When you are asked to speak about his impact and all you can say is that how many records he sold influences you, it kind of seems like you missed the whole point of his life.

But, whatever.

I was thinking the same thing when I read Birdman's comment. When I think of Michael, I don't think of how many records he sold or how much money he made. That part about his life didn't have an impact on me. The kind of person he was, what he stood for, and the powerful messages in his music is what have an impact on me.

I agree with the comments saying how it doesn't even feel like he's gone because of his music. Indeed his music keeps him alive.

Aww man you already know just to lose a legend such as Mike at such an early age, it most definitely makes you reflect just as a person. It makes you appreciate every day that you’re here. Every day you get to accomplish what we set out here to do, it means that much more to you.

I have to agree with this because this is definitely one way I felt when I first find out about Michael's passing. I definitely reflected a lot during that time and the more I learned about him as a person, the more I began to reflect and learn more about myself as a person. It was definitely a defining moment and even a coming of age for me. He affected me that much.

http://www.rap-up.com/2011/06/25/celebrities-remember-michael-jackson/

mj-hat.jpg

It’s been two years since the world lost one of music’s greatest talents, Michael Jackson, who passed away on June 25, 2009. The King of Pop lives on through his timeless music and lasting legacy. There are few of today’s pop stars who can’t say they’ve been influenced by him in some way. Some of his most famous fans, including Rihanna, Usher, and Chris Brown, took to Twitter to remember the late legend. Where were you when MJ died and what’s your favorite memory? Reminisce on a superstar gone too soon.

Rihanna: MJ We miss you, We love you…often imitated, NEVER duplicated!!! You will live on forever!

Ciara: Long live the 1 and only KING of POP: Michael Jackson! His music and legacy will continue to inspire. He can never be replaced!

Justin Bieber: #RIPMJ

Chris Brown: I love you MJ

Diddy: RIP Michael Jackson

Bruno Mars: Now playing- I Wanna Be Where You Are by The Jackson 5.. Michael was and still remains The Best!

Monica: M.J we love u forever

Mack Maine: R.I.P. To the greatest!!! You still live on thru your music…..#MJ

Jermaine Dupri: on this date 2 years ago we lost the M in music as far as I’m concerned

TJ Jackson: Not a day goes by where I don’t think about you. I love and miss you more than one could believe. Your heart epitomized perfection. -Meho

Melody Thornton: 2 yrs ago today we lost a Legend. Michael we love u forever. I still cry thinking about u! We miss and love u #MJ

DJ Cassidy: Where were you when you heard Mike had died?

Usher: MJ….REST THE DEAD!! You live on through what you blessed us all with. Your compassion and dedication compels us to be our greatest…URIV

Claude Kelly: MJ all day on the radio!! 2 yrs since we lost the best in the biz. still sorely missed. nobody did it better. the greatest. #RIPMJ

LeToya Luckett: I miss my MJ….. #RIP

Timbaland: r.i.p to the greatest entertainer in the world michael jackson will forever miss you. #kingofpop #kingofmusic #michaeljackson #mj

Toni Braxton: Still hard to believe we lost such a great artist. Michael Jackson, you still continue to inspire. Billie Jean is still one of my favorites!

?uestlove of The Roots: Michael Jackson. Forever. Uh Hee Hee Hee.

Estelle: RIP MJ

Spike Lee: 2 YEARS AGO TODAY WE LOST MICHAEL JACKSON. WE LOVE YOU

Re: Celebrities remember michael jackson

realctucker Chris Tucker
On a more serious note. R.I.P. Michael Jackson. We miss you, we love you, still can't believe you're gone.
15 hours ago Favorite

Some of the many celebrity tweets about the one and only King Of Pop. He lives on...

Rihanna
MJ We miss you, We love you...often imitated, NEVER duplicated!!! You will live on forever!

Darren Criss
Two years ago Michael Jackson died and I had JUST moved to LA. Now I'm playing at the O2 in London, his last intended venue. What a trip.

Darren Criss
Wish I could dance around and rock out to pay my respects to MJ at the awesome memorial outside the O2, but I
gotta get ready for this show!

Misha Gabriel
Got in my car and the radio was playin MJ - Rock With You. My day just went from good to incredible...#longlivetheking

Usher
MJ....REST THE DEAD!! You live on through what you blessed us all with. Your compassion and dedication compels us to be our greatest...URIV

ciara Ciara
Long live the 1 and only KING of POP: Michael Jackson! His music and legacy will continue to inspire. He can never be replaced!

LTLline Jermaine Dupri
on this date 2 years ago we lost the M in music as far as I'm concerned,

LTLline Jermaine Dupri
"tonight gotta leave that 9 to 5 up on the shelf,and just enjoy your self,groove let the madness in the Music get to you"-The King

justinbieber Justin Bieber
#RIPMJ

iamdiddy iamdiddy
RIP Michael Jackson <!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_1456362-->

Chris Brown - "I love you MJ"

BrunoMars Bruno Mars
Now playing- I Wanna Be Where You Are by The Jackson 5.. Michael was and still remains The Best!

MonicaMyLife Monica
M.J we love u forever <!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_1456372-->

tajjackson3 Taj Jackson
There will never be another Michael Jackson. My uncle was and still is the greatest. I love and miss him incredibly.

KathyHilton Kathy Hilton
Its the loving memory of the unforgettable My best friend Michael Joseph Jackson

AustinBrown Austin Brown
I would do anything to have these days back http://t.co/QTwW7xW miss and love u uncle Michael.. #appleheadcrew

druidDUDE Kevin McHale (from Glee)
Special dedication for tonight's show at the O2. MJ August 29, 1958 – June 25, 2009. So surreal to perform PYT today. #MJ<!--QuoteEnd--><!--QuoteEEnd-->

realctucker Chris Tucker
On a more serious note. R.I.P. Michael Jackson. We miss you, we love you, still can't believe you're gone. <!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_1456379-->

Mack Maine: R.I.P. To the greatest!!! You still live on thru your music…..#MJ

TJ Jackson: Not a day goes by where I don’t think about you. I love and miss you more than one could believe. Your heart epitomized perfection. -Meho

Melody Thornton: 2 yrs ago today we lost a Legend. Michael we love u forever. I still cry thinking about u! We miss and love u #MJ

DJ Cassidy: Where were you when you heard Mike had died?

LeToya Luckett: I miss my MJ….. #RIP

?uestlove of The Roots: Michael Jackson. Forever. Uh Hee Hee Hee.

Estelle: RIP MJ

Spike Lee: 2 YEARS AGO TODAY WE LOST MICHAEL JACKSON. WE LOVE YOU

NickyHilton Nicky Hilton
RIP Michael Jackson. We miss you. xo http://twitpic.com/5gm0ad

ParisHilton Paris Hilton
We love and miss you Michael <!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_1456389-->

katyperry Katy Perry
#RIPMJ

TheRevAl Reverend Al Sharpton
Two years ago I was on the phone in shock, with members of the Jackson family. MJ was a great person and peerless artist. I am still shaken.

randyjackson8 Randy Jackson
Thank you everyone for your love and support today. I will be at Forest Lawn in 10 mins.

JordinSparks Jordin Sparks
Still missing The King of Pop. RIP MJ. #moonwalker #pyt #oneglove <3 <!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_1456393-->

latoyajackson La Toya Jackson
I'm going through every emotion today!

I want EVERYONE TO CELEBRATE MICHAEL'S LIFE TODAY!! That's what he would want. Please DO NOT listen to anyone else's music today but MJ's.

JackieJackson5 Jackie Jackson
Let's carry out Michael's dream of healing our planet: you can help by making eco-friendly choices everyday. "Make that change!" #MJ

I read a lot of your tweets and a lot of you are so sad, Michael would want you to rejoice his life! Please do so! Rejoice the kings music!

JanetJackson Janet Jackson
I MISS U. I LUV U.

officialchilli Chilli
much LOVE 2 the KING of POP MICHAEL JACKSON!! meeting u was 1 of the best experiences in my life...u r so missed...

IAMANITABAKER Anita Baker
Dear MJ. "Never can say goodbye.... " ab

Timbaland Timbaland
r.i.p to the greatest entertainer in the world michael jackson will forever miss you. #kingofpop #kingofmusic #michaeljackson #mj

tonibraxton Toni Braxton
Still hard to believe we lost such a great artist. Michael Jackson, you still continue to inspire. Billie Jean is still one of my favorites!

Re: Celebrities tweet paying tribute to Michael Jackson on 2nd anniversary

Very nice.

Thanks for posting this..

Did Randy make it to Forest Lawn?

Like Al Sharpton, I am still shaken too

Lovely. Thanks for posting. x

Benji Madden:
"If only EVERYONE was this Loving to Michael Jackson when he was alive. He made this cruel world a better place&There will never be another.... Ok my MJ tweet was pretty emo. I'm just sayin the entire media world Sh!t on MJ when he was here. While he brought so much good to the world... MJ you are the man. RIP "

Kourtney Kardashian:
"Thinking of Michael Jackson today and how he FOREVER changed the world. #iloveMJ"

Lamar Odom:
"Gotta remember the King of Pop today! He changed music! #MJ"

Teddy Riley:
"Celebrate the greatest entertainer of all times. Michael i can't wait...I'm gonna play and look over my shoulders and you will be there. Yep yep!!!!!"

Last edited:

Benji Madden:

"If only EVERYONE was this Loving to Michael Jackson when he was alive. He made this cruel world a better place&There will never be another.... Ok my MJ tweet was pretty emo. I'm just sayin the entire media world Sh!t on MJ when he was here. While he brought so much good to the world"

Preach it Ben! :)

Benji Madden:
"If only EVERYONE was this Loving to Michael Jackson when he was alive. He made this cruel world a better place&There will never be another.... Ok my MJ tweet was pretty emo. I'm just sayin the entire media world Sh!t on MJ when he was here. While he brought so much good to the world... MJ you are the man. RIP

THIS right here is the real deal!

Nice tweets. I don't know who benji madden is but I liked his very much and spoke the truth.

Michael Jackson: King of Pop Remembered by Darren Criss of Glee

Michael Jackson: King of Pop Remembered by Darren Criss of Glee

The star of the hit TV show, Glee, Darren Criss has garnered a huge fan base, the star has fans all over the world, as does the show. From the moment that the show first aired, it became an instant hit with viewers, and became a show that attracted more and more viewers from the get-go. As fans of Michael Jackson know, yesterday was the two-year anniversary of his untimely passing. Up until the night of Jackson's passing, he was rehearsing for his "This Is It" tour -- the tour that was chronicled by the documentary film of the same title. The tour was to take place at the O2 Arena in London, England. According to a couple of new messages, the star of Glee, Darren Criss shared his thoughts about what it meant to him to be at the O2, since it was the last place that Jackson was scheduled to appear at.
Darren Criss wrote of Michael Jackson and being at the O2 Areana: "Wish I could dance around and rock out to pay my respects to MJ at the awesome memorial outside the O2, but I gotta get ready for this show!" He previously wrote: "Two years ago Michael Jackson died and I had JUST moved to LA. Now I'm playing at the O2 in London, his last intended venue. What a trip."

The fact that Criss took to Twitter yesterday to mention Jackson, is just one example of the tremendous impact that the singer has had on fans all over the world. Countless performers made mention of Jackson via Twitter yesterday, and many of his siblings did as well.
What do you think about what Darren Criss had to say about the legendary King of Pop? Are you a fan of Michael Jackson? Are you hoping to see future episodes of Glee where the cast covers Michael Jackson's classic songs?​

here is link:http://www.examiner.com/jackson-fam...ing-of-pop-remembered-by-darren-criss-of-glee

Re: Michael Jackson: King of Pop Remembered by Darren Criss of Glee

I like Darren. Hope glee makes that two hour episode an all MJ one.

Jason Weaver, he played little Michael in the Jacksons miniseries and was in the TV Show Smart Guy:
JWEAVERJ JASON WEAVER
I wanna thank EVERYONE who has sent me sooo many positive tweets regarding the Jackson's miniseries! I LOVE ya'll! Thank ya'll so much!!!
25 Jun

JWEAVERJ JASON WEAVER
@ICan0nlyBeMee It was a HUGE honor! Like I said in my earlier tweets.. It changed my life! I'm so grateful 2 him and his family!
25 Jun

JWEAVERJ JASON WEAVER
@flyazzraerae Thank u 4 the support!!! Enjoy! I'm sure you've probably have seen it hundreds of times, but thanks 4 watching it again! Lol!
25 Jun

JWEAVERJ JASON WEAVER
RIP 2 the one and only King of Pop Michael Jackson. Thank u 4 the opportunity that u gave me. It changed my life! I love you man!!
25 Jun

Back