1999 - Earth Song performance

Kane

Proud Member
I've just been watching the performance of Earth song in '99 and was wondering if that platform dropping was planned? It certainly doesn't look it - the way the guys are running on stage and the fact that there's no way for Michael to get off apart from climbing.

In Seoul was planned.In Munich it wasn't :).

No in Munich it was not planned and that caused ALOT of pain to Michael , But as he i a consumte performer and taught by the best how to hide any pain , you would not be able to tell.There is only a slight hint he was in discomfort possibly when his back was turned and e was leaing the stage..But this caused him to take more medication and he mentions it in a video where he is being sued I think..Regarding signing contracts under medication

I read he fell 55-60 feet.
When he thought everyone was looking at the child who gave a flower to the soldier he showed his pain for some seconds.I think he was dizzy too.
He performed Yana afterwards and you couldn´t see anything was wrong.Maybe he left the stage earier than he used to.
Then he collapsed backstage and had to go to the hospital.

No in Munich it was not planned and that caused ALOT of pain to Michael , But as he i a consumte performer and taught by the best how to hide any pain , you would not be able to tell.

That's what I thought - I mean, how could anybody take something like that and carry on! It's incredible...

its amazing how he managed to carry on. i dont think anyone would have minded if he had had to leave early!

Michael was the one who didn´t want to leave earlier.Backstage they didn´t want him to perform another song but he refused to listen to them.
He thought the show must go on.

Michael was the one who didn´t want to leave earlier.Backstage they didn´t want him to perform another song but he refused to listen to them.
He thought the show must go on.

That's Michael, I suppose.

It's no wonder Michael couldn't perform much because of his back injury. The bridge dropped wasn't the idea, it was just some kind technical problem or something, but thank God he's still alive back then, he almost would've died the same year Owen Hart died during the "Over The Edge" PPV due to stunt malfunction. Michael gets sued just because he had a back injury? Marcel Avram should be ashamed of himself for suing him like that and he should go to hell.

Back