1980 interview with John Pidgeon

TarinJade

Proud Member
I just found this interview on iTunes, it's apparently from January 1980. I was able to listen to a 30-second snippet and Michael is talking about Motown. The entire thing is about 35 minutes long.

I had never heard of this before, so I looked it up here and didn't see anything. I looked on Google, and it says that this was the interview where Michael would only answer questions if they were directed to Janet first.

Has anyone here heard this interview?

hmmm, I'm too sleepy to go look on itunes- but I'm pretty sure I've heard the one you're referring to :yes:

what?! They have the audio of the interview on itunes!

Yeah, I heard of it. Michael did that more than once. It has something to do with his contract with Sony obligating him to give interviews, and when he didn't feel like doing it he would be difficult and do it through a third party,lol. Mike had to have his way.

I think I have a articleof one of the interviews done in this manner, but it will probably take me a while to find it cuz I'm reorganizing all my stuff and everythings in random places. Also, Taraborelli did an interview with MJ in this manner and he wrote about it in his book.

I'm just wondering if it's something worth purchasing. I think it's about $4 on iTunes.

i actually purchased it today. i couldn't figure out who the "girl" was. I thought it was la toya.

but ... it is basically john p. asking questions, janet repeating the questions, then MJ answering... lol..

so basically, he talks about how he/jackson 5 was discovered. questions about his musical influence's ....

it was interesting. i enjoyed it. i would recommend it.

I was pretty sure it is on there..I'm sry. I didn't post it. I was very sleepy last night. Thanks to who did.

Back