100% Reporting: MJ Sells 700,000+ Albums This Week-7/7/09 (HitsDailyDouble)

Jbpoliticsjunkie

Proud Member
#1 MICHAEL JACKSON EPIC 337,806 +224%
NUMBER ONES

#3 MICHAEL JACKSON EPIC 165,394 +55%
THRILLER

#5 MICHAEL JACKSON EPIC 121,957 +15%
ESSENTIAL

#11 MICHAEL JACKSON EPIC 43,794 +28%
OFF THE WALL

#22 MICHAEL JACKSON EPIC 23,907 +67%
DANGEROUS

#28 MICHAEL JACKSON EPIC 19,795 +5%
BAD

(HitsDailyDouble.com)
http://hitsdailydouble.com/sales/salescht.cgi

Last edited:
Is that worldwide or in U.S. only?

amazingly these figures are US only!! Just imagine how many singles he will also sell in the US this week!!!

It makes me really sad this. Really really sad. Why didn't they buy it earlier fckrs! :angry: but thanks for postin

Wow.

In his death, more and more people will be introduced to him and his music. It will never stop.

The Billboard dude is on MSNBC and he says that Michael is breaking records that Billboard has never even seen before. He says that it will happen next week as well.

i wonder if and when they do drop his latest album,it would really set the music industry alight again i think.

No offense to current pop stars, but it's about time some real music lights up the charts.

even after life, michael jackson will be the saviour of the music industry, i have no doubt about tht.

I agree with ya, Moonwalk. Michael will certainly reign in the music industry. The music is so bad right now. We need him.

#1 MICHAEL JACKSON EPIC 337,806 +224%
NUMBER ONES

#3 MICHAEL JACKSON EPIC 165,394 +55%
THRILLER

#5 MICHAEL JACKSON EPIC 121,957 +15%
ESSENTIAL

#11 MICHAEL JACKSON EPIC 43,794 +28%
OFF THE WALL

#22 MICHAEL JACKSON EPIC 23,907 +67%
DANGEROUS

#28 MICHAEL JACKSON EPIC 19,795 +5%
BAD

(HitsDailyDouble.com)
http://hitsdailydouble.com/sales/salescht.cgi

I wonder will Sony(now that they have control of Sony/Atv) finally update his albums sales numbers? Or will they continue lying and cheating about how much has and is being sold? The way they did(keeping him cash poor) when Michael Jackson was alive.

Remember when Mike said it was a conspiracy that Number Ones didn't debut at number one? Good to see people picking up the music. I hope people dig deeper into the catalog at some point.

I'd be interested to see if Dangerous and Bad get another RIAA certification at some point in the future. I'd also like to see how much BOTDF is selling.

thanks for that and who says people aren't buying albums anymore? they just ain't feeling the tired croup out now.

this is awesome news!!! not surprised though, this is MJ we're talking about. lol

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/cont...art_alert/e3i16f6b174a96cefa9339b671b7e262b92

Michael Jackson Continues To Shake Up Charts

In the first full week following Michael Jackson's death on June 25, his catalog of solo albums shifted 800,000, according to Nielsen SoundScan. That's up a whopping 90% compared with the previous week, when his solo sets moved 422,000 . . . His "Number Ones" greatest-hits album is the top-selling set in the United States this week, with 339,000 sold. His classic "Thriller" album is the second-biggest seller, with 187,000 . . . We also have news about the latest albums from Brad Paisley, Rob Thomas, Wilco, Jeremih and Killswitch Engage, and updates on Halestorm, Tim McGraw, Toby Keith and Miley Cyrus.

FLASH POINTS

• Michael Jackson's catalog of solo albums sold a whopping 800,000 copies in the United States in the tracking week that ended at the close of business Sunday night (July 5), according to Nielsen SoundScan. That's an increase of 90% compared with the previous week, when his combined albums sold 422,000.

• A jump in sales was expected, since this was the first full week of sales since Jackson's passing on June 25. Additionally, after most physical retailers swiftly sold out of available Jackson albums, Sony Music Entertainment and Universal Music Group were able to replenish brick-and-mortar stores with CDs last week to meet customer demand.

• In turn, physical albums accounted for 82% of Jackson's sales last week-656,000 physical albums versus 144,000 digital albums. In the week previous, when Jackson's albums moved a total of 422,000, physical albums accounted for 43% of that sum (181,000) while digital albums made up the other 57% (241,000).

• Jackson's "Number Ones" collection is the top-selling album in the United States, with 339,000 (up 215%), and will also be No. 1 on Billboard's Top Comprehensive Albums chart. "Thriller" will be No. 2 with 187,000 (up 86%) while the third-place set will be the newly released "Now 31" various-artists compilation, which will start with 169,000.

• Also, Jackson will again dominate the Top Pop Catalog Albums chart. It tallies albums that are more than 18 months old, have fallen below No. 100 on the Billboard 200 and don't have a current radio single. Catalog albums are ineligible to appear on the Billboard 200, though they can chart on the Top Comprehensive Albums list.

• Last week, Jackson had a record eight albums out of the top 10 on the Top Pop Catalog Albums chart, while a Jackson 5 compilation also found its way into the upper tier. This week, the entire top 10 is all Jackson, all the time. He alone has albums at Nos. 1-6 and Nos. 8-10 while a Jackson 5 title ("The Ultimate Collection") resides at No. 7.

• On Billboard's Hot Digital Songs chart, Jackson will hold down five of the top 10 slots, with "Man in the Mirror" leading as his top-selling digital song of the week (159,000; down 3%). Overall, it ranks as the second-best selling song of the week, next to the Black Eyed Peas' "I Gotta Feeling" (215,000; up 6%).

• Jackson's total song download sales this week-including his works with the Jackson 5 and the Jacksons-stand at 2.2 million downloads. Last week, the collected total was 2.6 million.

Back