1 Sept08 - Michael Jackson News & Mentionings

Raylo

Proud Member
Good day everybody! Happy Spring Day to everyone in the Southern Hemisphere:flowers: Check out the first of the mentionings that have trickled in so far

Michael Jackson Mentionings

Michael Jackson’s rare record on sale
http://entertainment.oneindia.in/music/international/2008/michael-jackson-promo-cd-010908.html

Washington (ANI): A rare Michael Jackson record has gone on eBay for an exclusive purchase, and is expected to fetch 10,000 dollars.

The promo CD is said to be one of only 10 in the world. It contains an early demo of an unreleased Jackson song, "Men In Black", along with an alternative version of "Black or White" and "Too Much Monkey Business".

The disc was given to an executive from record company Sony BMG during a flight to Jackson's Neverland home in 1991, as a taster for the Dangerous album.

"This promo CD is one of the rarest Michael Jackson items in existence, only 10 are said to exist and this is the first time one has been on eBay," Contactmusic quoted the anonymous seller, who is based in Britain, as saying of the record. "The most interesting track on the CD is "Men In Black" (not related to the films staring Will Smith), as it was intended to be a single release from Dangerous, but "Men In Black" was shelved and since has not been released or leaked," the seller added.

Kenny Chesney and Corona Team Up (CMA)
http://americajr.com/entertainment/kennychesney0831.html

Celebrities have consistently scored big endorsement deals, but Michael Jackson's arrangement with Pepsi in the early 1980s lifted the practice to an unprecedented level of income potential. Alabama, Garth Brooks, Brooks & Dunn, Tim McGraw, Brad Paisley, Randy Travis and Shania Twain are among the many Country artists who have worked out similarly lucrative arrangements with tour sponsors.

Verve comeback album debuts at No.1
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a128374/verve-comeback-album-debuts-at-no1.html

Other new entries in the top ten come from late songbird Eva Cassidy, a Michael Jackson hits compilation, rapper The Game and folk-rock singer Teddy Thompson.

The top ten albums in full (click where possible for our reviews):

1. (-) The Verve: 'Forth'
2. (-) Slipknot: 'All Hope Is Gone'
3. (1) The Script: 'The Script'
4. (-) Eva Cassidy: 'Somewhere'
5. (-) Michael Jackson: 'King of Pop'
6. (2) Abba: 'Gold - Greatest Hits'
7. (3) Duffy: 'Rockferry'
8. (4) Coldplay: 'Viva La Vida'
9. (-) The Game: 'Lax'
10. (-) Teddy Thompson: 'A Piece Of What You Need'

Performing Arts
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/08/31/AR2008083101904.html

Unfortunately, Sparks, like many previous "AI" winners, is having a hard time kicking the cover habit, despite her new stable of original songs. She sang Alicia Keys's "Fallin'," Stevie Wonder's "Superstition," Tracy Chapman's "Give Me One Reason" and, with McCartney, Michael Jackson's "The Way You Make Me Feel." You can take the girl away from "American Idol" -- and even have her record a decent album -- but you can't squelch her desire to give plodding renditions of other
people's music.

Ugandan bloggers gone crazy
http://www.monitor.co.ug/artman/publish/coffee-break/Ugandan_bloggers_gone_crazy_70804.shtml

With Michael Jackson’s Thriller playing in the background, Thomas Smyth literally shouted his order, for that was the only way the waitress was going to hear. That’s about when the two adults pursued themselves around tables. It was the beginning of a shocking evening for the American.

Film Clips:’Disaster Move’
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/09/01/DD5S12M49R.DTL&feed=rss.moviereviews

Along the way jokes fly on movies no one cared about the first time around ("Jumper," "Speed Racer"), obvious celebrity targets (Michael Jackson, Sarah Jessica Parker) and gastrointestinal dysfunction. And there is a "Juno" figure who says things like "That is so LL Not Cool J."

I really want to hear how Men In Black sound. Thanx for the news.

only if he/she is not that big of a bitch as to keep it selfishly to him/herself...

I hate it when people do it!

well if someone pays alot of money for something i cant blame them. if they were given it for free well thats a different matter

Umm.. the promo cd is old news.. unless someone can successfully show me that it has been re-listed on ebay?

Aug. 31, 2008

MICHAEL JACKSON FANS REWARDED FOR LONG WAIT

Some Michael Jackson fans from Europe were rewarded for a long wait last week.

When Jackson arrived home Wednesday, after dinner with his three children at Planet Hollywood restaurant at Caesars Palace, he had the driver stop the vehicle and he signed autographs through a back window.

Two nights later, on Jackson's 50th birthday, the European fans, along with another two dozen others, gathered outside his home and serenaded the pop star with "Happy Birthday" at 11 p.m.

They brought balloons, a birthday cake, and presents, which security quickly took inside his house. His security detail delivered six pizzas to the fans on two separate days.

http://www.lvrj.com/columnists/normclarke/breaking_news/27727934.html?normBN=true

Two nights later, on Jackson's 50th birthday, the European fans, along with another two dozen others, gathered outside his home and serenaded the pop star with "Happy Birthday" at 11 p.m

In Vegas? How do they know where he lives at? Hmmmm.....

BTW, it is Labor Day in the USA. It means the unoffical end of summer. So, to all of the USA fans, Happy Labor Day.

A little something something about one chef's all time guest

Dinner with Michael Jackson

What is the most funniest thing you have ever experienced at work?
It has to be the time I met Michael Jackson. When I worked for Kevin Costner in Santa Barbara Michael came into the kitchen, tapped my shoulder and asked me what I was doing. When I saw him I became starstruck, to say the least. I was numbed. We had the whole Jackson family there when he came into the kitchen. Janet was also there, in a very tiny sweater, chatting away. Later I spent the whole night calling everyone I know to tell about my exciting guests.

http://www.yeye.no/skole/article2177949.ece

In Vegas? How do they know where he lives at? Hmmmm.....

the infos supposedly been floating around. mj might have told them himself as hes close to alot of euro fans

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TRAVEL/09/01/star.trek.voyage.ending.ap/?iref=mpstoryview

Star Trek: The Experience opened at Las Vegas Hilton in 1998

Trekkies are incensed. They've scrawled reminiscences about the exhibit on the walls inside, and they're calling Cedar Fair and the hotel to complain. But their online rumor that the space the exhibit occupies will become a theater for pop star Michael Jackson is unfounded, Sternberg said. He said nothing's decided.

I can’t believe my old friend Michael Jackson

LMFAO this banker is still trying to make money off MJ. this a****** makes me sick and tbh his BS shouldnt even be posted. the fact he comes from mj city makes me feel even sicker. just hope he never crosses my path

LMFAO this banker is still trying to make money off MJ. this a****** makes me sick and tbh his BS shouldnt even be posted. the fact he comes from mj city makes me feel even sicker. just hope he never crosses my path

^^ Who is this person? I don't know who he is and how he supposedly knows Michael.

He's the guy who said during one phone call conversation with MJ around '82 or '83 (he was either 17 or 18) that said Michael masturbated during the session, lol.

hes the one who claimed he had phonesex with mj in the late 70's sold stories to the papers.keeps chaingin his story in order to try and downplay the shit he first pulled in 03. he met mj when he was on tour in the uk with the jacksons in the late 70's he made the claims of phone sex at the same time he was setting up a gay phone chatline business. (coincidence there) he owns gay nighclubs in my area and it a wannabe celebrity and has tried to get on tv nationally. he thinks mj is his old friend cause he met him 30 years ago as a fan. was on that louis theorux documentry in 03.

Oh k well I guess I will take it down. The name didn't catch in my memory, but now I remember about him. Thank you for the alert. Goodby article.

the infos supposedly been floating around. mj might have told them himself as hes close to alot of euro fans
no clue on how the Spanish fans found out - I talked to the UK fans, and they said they drove around Pahrump (about 1.5 hrs away) before they drove to Vegas and asked some neighbors at a different location....very polite group, quiet, respectful to the whole area.

hes the one who claimed he had phonesex with mj in the late 70's sold stories to the papers.keeps chaingin his story in order to try and downplay the shit he first pulled in 03. he met mj when he was on tour in the uk with the jacksons in the late 70's he made the claims of phone sex at the same time he was setting up a gay phone chatline business. (coincidence there) he owns gay nighclubs in my area and it a wannabe celebrity and has tried to get on tv nationally. he thinks mj is his old friend cause he met him 30 years ago as a fan. was on that louis theorux documentry in 03.

That guy is a nutcase. His whole story is a lie. The guy has nothing better to do than to make up stories about MJ. I guess this is how he repays MJ because MJ isn't gay. It is a damn shame. MJ befriends people and doesn't see that not everyone is his friend.

Well, if MJ did tell these "fans", he needs to be careful. These "fans" can tell the media and there goes MJ's privacy. When he starts saying he needs privacy, I am not gonna feel sorry for him. These "fans" are too obsessed with MJ and if they truly care about him, they need to keep where he lives to themselves and stop telling people.

http://www.andpop.com/article/12352

Danity Kane Prefer Reality TV to Reality

The show has indeed brought Danity Kane more triumphs than disappointments. They’ve worked with some of the biggest names in music, including Timbaland, Young Joc and Missy Elliot. Shannon says the group hopes to one day collaborate with the “greatest of the greatest” such as Michael Jackson, Prince and Stevie Wonder. Aside from their success in the recording studio, the girls are also planning to launch a “Dollhouse line” and a series of comic books.

Could it be that GMA thought that Michael was at his home in California when he really was at his home in Vegas when they spoke with him?

Easier to buy some officially released albums of Mike. While is flattering in the meantime is quite an offensive sum, really. Think about Michael, he puts up albums like for 10 -15 bucks, we have Ultimate Collection around 60 $... Many fans avoid buying The Ultimate Collection for example...

I guess is the forbidden fruit syndrom we have here... :tease:

Last edited:

There you go, yes.

Well, if MJ did tell these "fans", he needs to be careful. These "fans" can tell the media and there goes MJ's privacy. When he starts saying he needs privacy, I am not gonna feel sorry for him. These "fans" are too obsessed with MJ and if they truly care about him, they need to keep where he lives to themselves and stop telling people.

He's careful enough. When it comes to the fans, he knows those who have been around long enough to earn his trust. And these fans we're talking about... well they won't talk to the press, no way no how.

I do find it ironic how the few fans who have managed to build up that kind of trust with MJ over the past twenty years get bashed over and over again for being 'too obsessive'. You don't know the situation, obviously, so don't bash something you don't understand or can't imagine.

Back