1 billion for 25% of SONY ATV? who knows what this file mean exactly?

mkgenie

Proud Member
200706041742341404.jpg

I'm not sure with the words "1 billion less net debt" and Sony can buyout MJ without his consent?

well if you posted the whole document it would be easier to make sense.

I'm assuming that this is from 2006 Sony/ATV refinancing deal. And yes that deal gave Sony the option to purchase half of Michael's share (in other words the 25% of the catalog). Also let me add that they did not use that option.

As for what it means. It shows that the Sony/ATV catalog is valued at 1 billion at that time. So if purchased the price will be the higher of either 25% times 1 billion(minus debt if any - if there's not any debt it would equal to $250 million) or 50% of principal loan (which cannot be more than $150 million).

In a more simplified way it tells us that 1)sony has the option to buy the 25% of the catalog (half of Michael's share) 2) the purchase price for 25% of the Sony/ATV catalog is to be between $250 million and $150 million and 3) any money that MJ gets from the sale first goes to loan and tax payments.

But the doc said 1 billion debt and 150 million cash

makes 1.15 million?

I'm assuming that this is from 2006 Sony/ATV refinancing deal. And yes that deal gave Sony the option to purchase half of Michael's share (in other words the 25% of the catalog). Also let me add that they did not use that option.
yeah and the option only lasted x amount of time which is long gone

Back