1:49 Speechless

Emerald

Proud Member
1 minute and 49 seconds into "Speechless" (one of my favourite Michael songs btw!) there's what I think is a mistake?

Right after "I'd go anywhere and do anything" there's a little buzzing sound. I've noticed it for a long time and wondered is it a mistake in the recording?

It's such a small thing and doesn't take from the song at all lol but I hear it every time and wondered if anyone else had!

The only thing I hear is `Huh`..like he always do in his song
for exemple bad : Your butt is mine , huh , gonna take it right...ect

Yeah I hear this too! Every time I listen speechless, especially when with earphones....it seem like mistake...um?

it's the quality of what your listening to it on. I used to think the same about 'Childhood' before i spent some nice $$$ on some speakers and soundcard.

Yeah I hear this too! Every time I listen speechless, especially when with earphones....it seem like mistake...um?

Thank you! lol it wasn't just me then =]

Don't think it's anything to do with the quality!

Listened to it on full blast through earphones today several times. Heard nothing. Maybe it was a defect on certain copies?

Maybe! Because I hear it whether I'm playing it in the car, on the computer, everywhere.
:)

I hear it!
like a HUH!! I noticed something on WBSS once.. something must've gone on in the studio :/

To me it's like the sound your speakers give off when your phone is about to ring.

It'll be the speakers. You can have a good system but shoddy speakers or shoddy earphones. That is always the one to watch for.

I have a spanky hi-fi with sub-woofer - excellent sound.

What about the background noise in Black Or White? Has anyone else heard that? Towards the end when he's saying "If you're thinkin of bein my brother" there sounds like a clap and a baby making some noise???

1 minute and 49 seconds into "Speechless" (one of my favourite Michael songs btw!) there's what I think is a mistake?

Right after "I'd go anywhere and do anything" there's a little buzzing sound. I've noticed it for a long time and wondered is it a mistake in the recording?

It's such a small thing and doesn't take from the song at all lol but I hear it every time and wondered if anyone else had!

What you hear is Michael breathing out heavily ontop of a rim hit - it does sounds a little bit weird when you focus on it. But it's nothing wrong in the recording :)

What about the background noise in Black Or White? Has anyone else heard that? Towards the end when he's saying "If you're thinkin of bein my brother" there sounds like a clap and a baby making some noise???

Michael was infamous for dancing, snapping his fingers, stomping his feet and clapping hands in the studio. This actually did something to the music, all his little things he'd do in the recording booth would end up also like an addition track of "percussions".
However, those "claps" are intentionally put there. Especially when they pan from left to right like they do.
I'm very sure it's the same thing with the kid voice that is fading up.
Those are little tricks they use keep the song sound full and interesting even in "empty" parts of the song.

A great example of kids filling out the song is in TDCAU, if you have earphones you can hear that in some parts of the song Michael is having kids singing underneath his lyrics. I think it's in TDCAU that I heard him whispering his lyrics also. This to make it sound more "interesting".

Michael was infamous for dancing, snapping his fingers, stomping his feet and clapping hands in the studio. This actually did something to the music, all his little things he'd do in the recording booth would end up also like an addition track of "percussions".
However, those "claps" are intentionally put there. Especially when they pan from left to right like they do.
I'm very sure it's the same thing with the kid voice that is fading up.
Those are little tricks they use keep the song sound full and interesting even in "empty" parts of the song.

A great example of kids filling out the song is in TDCAU, if you have earphones you can hear that in some parts of the song Michael is having kids singing underneath his lyrics. I think it's in TDCAU that I heard him whispering his lyrics also. This to make it sound more "interesting".

Yeah, he does do a lot of little "additions" but I just thought this one was totally random - it sounds like a baby going "Yah yah yah", LOL!

I must be deaf, I can't hear the noise in speechless...

Yeah, he does do a lot of little "additions" but I just thought this one was totally random - it sounds like a baby going "Yah yah yah", LOL!

I must be deaf, I can't hear the noise in speechless...

It isn't a noise in speechless... it's just that the mind can get tricked into thinking there's a noise when Michael's vocals clashes a little bit with the rim hit :D

Noooo it's not Michael's breath!
As I said it sounds like the noise speakers make when your mobile phone is about to ring.
Like a short buzzing sound.

Noooo it's not Michael's breath!
As I said it sounds like the noise speakers make when your mobile phone is about to ring.
Like a short buzzing sound.

Uhm, and you listening to the actual record or a rip of the record?
Maybe it's ripped bad or something.

Uhm, and you listening to the actual record or a rip of the record?
Maybe it's ripped bad or something.

I am SHOCKED you would even suggest I listen to ripped Michael music!
Of course it's the original Invincible! :)

I am SHOCKED you would even assume I listen to ripped Michael music!
Of course it's the original Invincible! :)

Well I listen to ripped MJ, I've ripped my CDs into mp3 in the computer so I don't have to push the CDs back and forth - and I can't stand the sound of the DVD-rom spinning :D

Well I listen to ripped MJ, I've ripped my CDs into mp3 in the computer so I don't have to push the CDs back and forth - and I can't stand the sound of the DVD-rom spinning :D

OMG I'm so stupid. LOL!
I thought you meant illegally downloaded. Don't ask me why? LOL!
Ripped! Of course! I've ripped all my CDs onto the laptop so I can listen to them while on here.
But I hear the same thing in the car on the CD player :)

lol sorry again for my ditziness!
hahaha what an eejit

OMG I'm so stupid. LOL!
I thought you meant illegally downloaded. Don't ask me why? LOL!
Ripped! Of course! I've ripped all my CDs onto the laptop so I can listen to them while on here.
But I hear the same thing in the car on the CD player :)

lol sorry again for my ditziness!
hahaha what an eejit

Hehe no worries, I've not slept for over a day now so it isn't impossible that I say some crazy shit also...
You know what... I'm trying to figure out exactly what you're hearing... I'm gonna cut out a snippet of the part I think that you're hearing and you can listen if we're at least talking about the same thing.

I am hearing it even on the German edition of KOP.

I think it's a secret message, try playing it *backward really slow :D

Actually he sings 'I'll go anywhere' in one breath and then 'and do anything' in another... so he is taking breath or smth like that.

BruceWayne...your ears just can't hear it, face it! :p

Last edited:
Hehe it's not an error.. it's like I said... it's an sound scape illusion (LOL).
When Michael is breathing out heavily ontop of that rim hit (when you hit the drum stick on the rim of the snare drum) it creates that illusion.
Well, I'm glad that I'm not the only one that is weird and find stuff like this all the time :D
I'm hung up that after Michael is singing "In my heeeeeart" in YANA he's blowing out a tornado of wind into the microphone haha

Weren't there babies in the video?

Back