1:10 in Another Part Of Me

That sounds like a grunt to me. I think Michael was too much a perfectionist to leave a throat-clearing in there. He'd have done another take. Everything in his songs is there for a reason, for a purpose.

That sounds like a grunt to me. I think Michael was too much a perfectionist to leave a throat-clearing in there. He'd have done another take. Everything in his songs is there for a reason, for a purpose.

Its probably is him clearing his throat, Michael left alot of stuff in, he had his vocals pretty raw too. Infact there are real mistakes all over the place on his albums, you can hear them by listening hard or trying to extract parts using plugins. There are 3 genuine errors in Man In The Mirror, Got the hots has a part where the mic is knocked, channels being turned down but not being muted in She Drives me wild.,..the list is endless.

Its probably is him clearing his throat, Michael left alot of stuff in, he had his vocals pretty raw too. Infact there are real mistakes all over the place on his albums, you can hear them by listening hard or trying to extract parts using plugins. There are 3 genuine errors in Man In The Mirror, Got the hots has a part where the mic is knocked, channels being turned down but not being muted in She Drives me wild.,..the list is endless.

ooo really??
where in Man in the mirror and she drives me wild????? the lsit??

^^^cool, really? Can you be more specific about the man in the mirror ones, I'd like to try and hear it.

Me three. For being such a perfectionist, I'd love to hear these mistakes he drops.

^^^cool, really? Can you be more specific about the man in the mirror ones, I'd like to try and hear it.

I will upload snippets with explainations :) I might start my own thread on mistakes/deliberate mistakes

I will upload snippets with explainations :) I might start my own thread on mistakes/deliberate mistakes

I think you definitely should do this, and when is the Morphine thread coming?! :p

I was always annoyed with large exhale that comes after "You are always in my heeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart" in "You are not alone" :D

I think you definitely should do this, and when is the Morphine thread coming?! :p

I was always annoyed with large exhale that comes after "You are always in my heeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart" in "You are not alone" :D

Lol, I doing Morphine soon, I gotta watch the film a few more times I think, its so creepy though. And Its gonna be a big write up :S Plus I got a mix coming soon aswell

Haha, I love this thread. XD Will add my two cents after a re-listen.

A cough, throat clearing or an ad-lib?

:D

***yes i listen too hard at times***

I can't hear what part you are talking about :( probably because im listening to it on YouTube. Where is it in the song?

I did hear the mic getting knocked in 'Got the Hots' though! It's cool what you hear when you really listen.

Last edited:
yup, he's clearing his throat. nuthin' wrong with that. I wouldn't call this one a mistake - that's how real singers do it. even though he's clearing the frog - he knows it's on, so does it in time.

peeps are generally not aware that Mike used very little overdubs and most lead vocal lines were live takes, with the odd punch here and there.

that "frog" cleary heard in acapella version)

lol I couldn't hear it on the CD version but in the acapella I could. It's a small little grunt hardly noticed it at first.... had to listen really really really hard lol.

Back