Another cute memory about Michael from Kenny O

I don't think he cared whether they were men's or women's.. he just loved the way they smelled so he bought them :D

thanks for the article. I love Kenny's snippets about Michael :wub:

awwwwww what a sweet memory,it made me smile so much "dancers would line up to get hugs from Jackson just because of how good he smelled"

I remember reading somewhere that he wore women's fragrances. Don't know why he'd do that. :dntknw:

Michael liked what he liked. He doesn't discriminate! :)

For example, the famous black sequined jacket that he wore for Motown 25 was something he grabbed from his mother's closet at the last minute. I always thought it was just a stage costume.

Besides, we now know that Michael mixed his colognes. So he would spray on more than one at a time to create his own combination.

It seemed like he liked a flowery scent and men's colognes aren't usually flowery.

aww that was a really cute story, thanks for sharing

I really, really like to read this story! Just goes to show, what a nice human being Michael really was! Would have loved to get a hug from him, too! I'm also planning to get "Black Orchid" and " Bal a Versailles", too!!! It's like having Michael around you day and night!!!! :)

Black Orchid is the debut fragrance release from designer Tom Ford, whose eponymous beauty line under the Estee Lauder brand has been awaited with anticipation since it was announced last year. It is an “oriental chypre” and the notes include black truffle, ylang ylang, bergamot, effervescent citrus, black currant, jasmine, Tom Ford black orchid, “spicy floral and fruit accords”, lotus wood, patchouli, incense, vetiver, vanilla, balsam and sandalwood.

Black Orchid starts right off with a bang — it is a statement fragrance, make no mistake about it. There is citrus, there is lots of sugar, there are heady floral notes, there is jammy fruit. Tempering all of that is a strong undertone of something earthy and dark (the black truffle accord, presumably) and vaguely off-kilter, in a good way.

As it dries down, the earthy-dark stuff fades, the vanilla steps up and the florals turn creamy and smooth. It manages to simultaneously remind me of ice cream (it is sweet and creamy and rich) without being exactly foody (there are way too many heady floral notes here to think about eating). Later still, the creamy vanilla part calms a bit, the woods warm up and some of the earthiness shines through again.

I found this review, and the description of the scent kinda sounds like Michael...hehe..I love it..

michael wore bal a versailles and tom ford black orchid. i'm thinking of getting the latter as BAV if very expensive. i guess kenny is referring to tom ford?!

Michael looks so gorgeous in your picture!! I love it!!

Back