What were the unfinished lyrics for Hollywood Tonight?

You mean the bridge lyrics?

"She's a streetwalker at her age,
She's young and she's afraid.
She sells her body to get paid,
It's too much for a girl her age.
Police is stalking her today,
They now know she ran away.
She is running 'cause she's scared..."

"She doesn't even have a ticket,
She doesn't even have a way back.
She's lost and she's alone,
there's no place for her to go.
She is young and she is cold,
Just like her father told her so."

I think the third verse was the “she’s a streetwalker at her age” paragraph that ChanceToDance shared. It follows the established narrative of the song well (girl arrives in Hollywood, starts prostituting, winds up being chased by the police).

I think the third verse was the “she’s a streetwalker at her age” paragraph that ChanceToDance shared. It follows the established narrative of the song well (girl arrives in Hollywood, starts prostituting, winds up being chased by the police).
That's all the lyrics? So that's the bridge and the next verse leading up to the chorus?

If so that seems like it radically alters the progression of the song. It's certainly not just the first verse copied over. Also a much darker narrative than just, Hollywood Tonight. Way darker, an actual warning tale in fact.

From Michael album documentary:

DIAxLSQ.png

TNXzYO8.png

I'm not so sure the third verse would hold up, I think the term street walker might be a little dated.

I'm not as big a fan of the third verse, as I am the bridge. I think the bridge works, I think the third verse is perhaps to on the nose

Maybe if he recorded them, they would have sounded great

Admittedly there may be a reason he never recorded them (that we know of) since they're still part of a work in progress.

Back